Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Ceciltron posted:

Awesome stuff, man. The fun part is when people start burning this stuff all in the streets, you end up feeling like in a scene from some kind of apocalyptic or zombie movie, dodging between piles of flaming stuff as people are dumping more paper onto the fires. Joss paper, also, tends to leave behind a thick yellow smoke, or at least the stuff people I saw using did!
That is quite true - there is a reason why the Hong Kong ghost movies always have a scene of someone burning joss paper (preferably with them flying loose) on the street.

The smoke is indeed annoying as heck and sting your eyes badly, especially when combined with incense which, unfortunately, do not smell anything pleasant when burnt. But then I guess nothing would smell good if it is burnt as liberally as the incense are during the festivals (everyone got to offer three of them in most cases, so in my case, we would end up with around 40 or so incenses sticking out like this. And that is only for one ancestor.

And "ancestor" is probably a misnomer - In my father's family's case, we paid respect to two deceased uncles as well as my grandfather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Wtf why did nobody tell me about this thread

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I didn't know you cared, okay? :(

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I demonstrated my level of care in the old thread :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9tAPctqdUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knGg4DgbOdE

Brb, gonna binge some vids

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 17, 2015

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Tin Tim posted:

Brb, gonna binge some vids

Yeah Tin Tim's pretty cool and has been around in the old thread a bunch! I hope your binging went well.

Ceciltron is still being murdered by a variety of things, so instead I'm going to direct attention to this side project I'm starting up. Come influence the direction of a virtual TV show!

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I'm better now, I swear. Just so tremendously busy :negative:

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition is on sale for a few days: http://store.steampowered.com/app/307690/

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Fridurmus posted:

I hope your binging went well.
Yeah it was good! Thanks for the closure :v:

Now we only need Rossi to get back to Hard Reset.....

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Frid, finish the LP.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Oh boy, you motherfuckers sure are in for a treat.

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

Ceciltron posted:

Oh boy, you motherfuckers sure are in for a treat.

I am so, so sorry.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

What’s pink, lives in a sty and drinks blood? A hampire.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

For the record, these three have successfully set aside the time and commented on the final episodes of Nightmare, and I've reserved James Rossi for Wednesday.

So, you know, soon.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

HOLY poo poo IT'S NIGHTMARE IN NORTH POINT 3

Where I'm joined by Ceciltron again, along with Great Joe and The Lesbiathan, and things start to fall apart.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Does anyone know where those arm rings come from? I'm genuinely curious

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Fridurmus posted:

Where I'm joined by Ceciltron again, along with Great Joe and The Lesbiathan, and things start to fall apart.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848538/

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

Fridurmus posted:

Again, my sincerest apologies to Ceciltron. I'm told he's doing better, but he refuses to speak to me after my spree of awful jokes.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Thank you for this.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

[10:05:48] Fridurmus: I just spent 30 minutes manually fixing the echo in nightmare 04

Thank you, based Fridurmus. :allears:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sleepy Dogs is on sale yet again. Does seven fifty sound like a good deal?

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
In other news, I will be in Hong Kong on July 18 for bout a week. Any requests from the thread?

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Hey so I updated or something!

Nightmare in North Point 04: Total Collapse (with Ceciltron, Great Joe, and The Lesbiathan!)

Sorry about the slow pace--I've been playing Heavensward mostly studying, actually, and playing odd things with my boyfriend. I'm getting it back together, but things are a bit hectic still!

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

Ceciltron posted:

In other news, I will be in Hong Kong on July 18 for bout a week. Any requests from the thread?

Video tape yourself eating a pork bun and post it in the thread. If you do, I'll do something drastic of your choosing.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Ceciltron posted:

Drop someone on a pallet of swordfish heads.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
The long, dark Ceciltime of my soul, forever captured and borne up before an audience of unfeeling jackals!

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Ceciltron posted:

The long, dark Ceciltime of my soul, forever captured and borne up before an audience of unfeeling jackals!

Don't mind him, he got viciously ruined by the three of us.

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

Fridurmus posted:

Don't mind him, he got viciously ruined by the three of us.

We have ruined this world's greatest treasure, Ceciltron.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
So far the request list for Hong Kong, which is necessary to defeat the misery inflicted by a Lesbiathan and a Joe, is as follows:

1. Video of myself eating a pork bun, dubbed with me singing " all out of love" by air supply.

2. The brutal murder of an other human via conspicuously well placed fish leftovers.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Ceciltron posted:

So far the request list for Hong Kong, which is necessary to defeat the misery inflicted by a Lesbiathan and a Joe, is as follows:

1. Video of myself eating a pork bun, dubbed with me singing " all out of love" by air supply.

2. The brutal murder of an other human via conspicuously well placed fish leftovers.

Make Dogeyes burn!

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

Make Dogeyes burn!

Or at least a suitable paper substitute

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Ceciltron posted:

Look for the HK goons in the China megathread at the Travel forum. I will happily eat pork buns with you if time allows. :D

Edit: Lotus seed bun >> pork bun

Jeek fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 1, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jeek posted:

Look for the HK goons in the China megathread at the Travel forum. I will happily eat pork buns with you if time allows. :D

I had a pork bun for the first time recently. They're really good, it turns out.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Night10194 posted:

I had a pork bun for the first time recently. They're really good, it turns out.

I'm not saying pork buns are bad. It is just a scientifically proven fact that lotus seed buns are superior. :colbert:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Jeek posted:

I'm not saying pork buns are bad. It is just a scientifically proven fact that lotus seed buns are superior. :colbert:

Yeah, but you're never a whole man then. :c00lbert:

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Rick_Hunter posted:

Yeah, but you're never a whole man then. :c00lbert:

Like I'm actually a whole man. :cthulhu:

Jeek fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 2, 2015

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Jeek posted:

One of the deciding factors influencing my past stops in Hong Kong when visiting China has been how cool the Chinagoons are

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

It's almost over!

Nightmare in North Point 05: The Nightmare Ends (with Ceciltron, Great Joe, and The Lesbiathan) has been uploaded, and marks the final episode of Nightmare in North Point.

Starting soon: Year of the Snake, and the return of JossiRossi.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Fridurmus posted:

the return of JossiRossi.
I'm happy sashithis.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Great Joe posted:

I'm happy sashithis.

I've been pretty excited to see how they turned out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Hong Kong is so hot and humid right now holy poo poo.

• Locked thread