Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
I see a lot of talk about overclocking and modding on tech forums. I wanted a thread where we could talk about using our computer equipment within the manufacturer's specification. I really like my ivy core i5 3750 (non K). It serves my needs for running desktop linux really well. I also have a moto g I do not plan to jail break as it provides a completely satisfactory user experience out of the box. Anyone else that is happy using their computing equipment as the manufacturer intended?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Phoenixan posted:

so is there an actual use case for overclocking or am i just wrong for buying new equipment when it's 5+ years old?

L33t points. When you get "over 300" or we you turn into a turbo dork.

Sometimes you can buy cheap poo poo like that Pentium people were raving about, then run it at twice stock for a year or two before it blows up. Its the thrill of a good deal I suppose.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
You are in the wrong thread. Your posts have been reported. I encourage all non overclockers and non modders ITT (in this thread) to report these hateful posts as well. Please go to the 3xtr3m3 0v3rcl0ck3r thread.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Dr. Honked posted:

i have some computers, i have no idea what's in em

As it should be Dr. Honked, as it should be.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

fart simpson posted:

the computer monitor thread in shsc is talking about overclocking computer monitors

link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
You guys should check out my fanless watercooled monitor set up.

• Locked thread