Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Motorola flip phone, LG Voyager, LG Env Touch, HTC Trophy that I sold for an iPhone 4 after two weeks of ownership cuz WP7 sucked rear end, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that died in a year, and I had to replace with my now slightly less terrible HTC One M8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

RVProfootballer posted:

Paging hotsauce and jerkface

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

delfin posted:

My complete phone history is impressive.

Jeez are you still on the same battery?

I recommend Nokia 105 as your next phone btw. 35 days standby time.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

RVProfootballer posted:

Paging hotsauce and jerkface

Let me dig out and update the excel sheet

iPhone3GS $200 on contract
HTC Inspire 4G Straight trade for above, sold for $300
Galaxy S2 bought on contract for $150 sold for $250
Galaxy Note bought new unlocked up for $700, returned
Galaxy Note bought new unlock up for $550, returned
Galaxy Nexus bought used for $200 sold for $200
Galaxy Nexus bought used for $150 sold for $200
Nexus 4 8GB bought new $300?, returned
Nexus 4 16gb bought new $350, sold for $400
Nexus 4 16GB white bought new $350, dropped in Texas, broke screen, sold for $250
Nexus 4 16GB black bought used $200, sold for $200
Nexus 5 32GB bought new for $400, sold for $350
Nexus 6 32gb bought new for $650 sold for $750 on swappa
Nexus 5 32GB bought used from hotsauce for $320 still using

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Thread over, JerkMcJerkface out.

*drops the mic*
*ebays broken mic*
*makes $10 pure profit*
*deducts ebay fees and shipping*
*ends up -$2*

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
Here's my list:

SHITTON OF PHONES THE END

Lost some money, made some money. Probably broke even-ish in the end. No Excel documentation.

We will just leave it at that.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
Years I couldnt tell you. I may be able to get through some of my actual history though. Lets see.

Nokia 3360 (First real "own phone")
Nokia 3220
Motorola V3 (UK import in black of course)
LG AX8600
HTC Touch
HTC "Fuze" (Work)
HTC Eris
Motorla Droid
iPhone 3g(Work)
Motorola Droid X
iPhone 3gs (work)
Palm Pre (work)
Samsung Captivate (Work)
HTC Surround (work)
Samsung Focus (Work)
HTC Status (work)
HTC Inspire (work)
Motorola Atrix (work)
Samsung Infuse (Work)
Motorola Droid Maxx
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy S3
Nexus S(work)
HTC One M7 (Work)
LG G2
LG G3
iPhone 6+

I may be missing some, in fact I feel like theres a motorola or two missing, and im missing some random winmo/palm garbage im sure. But thats in order from then til now. I used to work in wireless, so I won a poo poo ton of free phones, so swapping phones was pretty regular.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 10, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

EbolaIvory posted:

Years I couldnt tell you. I may be able to get through some of my actual history though. Lets see.

Nokia 3360 (First real "own phone")
Nokia 3220
Motorola V3 (UK import in black of course)
LG AX8600
HTC Touch
HTC "Fuze" (Work)
HTC Eris
Motorla Droid
iPhone 3g(Work)
Motorola Droid X
iPhone 3gs (work)
Palm Pre (work)
Samsung Captivate (Work)
HTC Surround (work)
Samsung Focus (Work)
HTC Status (work)
HTC Inspire (work)
Motorola Atrix (work)
Samsung Infuse (Work)
Motorola Droid Maxx
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy S3
Nexus S(work)
HTC One M7 (Work)
LG G2
LG G3
iPhone 6+

I may be missing some, in fact I feel like theres a motorola or two missing, and im missing some random winmo/palm garbage im sure. But thats in order from then til now. I used to work in wireless, so I won a poo poo ton of free phones, so swapping phones was pretty regular.

Work phones don't count ya fuckin cheater. You don't see me bragging about my Galaxy Rugby do ya.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Reverse Centaur posted:

Work phones don't count ya fuckin cheater. You don't see me bragging about my Galaxy Rugby do ya.

Well to be honest, I put work because they were acquired through work or were used on my work sim. Nothing listed was "rented" or "borrowed". Everything on that list has gone to craigslist or was from there to start with (Minus one or two ebay phones). So honestly I could take the word work off there but it helped me sort my list because I carried 2 phones for a very long time. Plus whatever? Its funsies right?

The only really "Free" stuff on there is the 3 HTC phones in the android dark ages. So I guess I cheated 3 :(

Cheating I guess could be working in wireless on a GSM carrier with managers who didnt give a poo poo what phone you carried for work or personal.

EDIT: Was thinking about my list a bit more. For almost every "Work" phone you could swap in some winmo or blackberry in that I have no idea what model numbers they were. Like that stupid but awesome side clicker wheel blackberry. Loved that thing for the few months I had it. Good memories all those phones.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 11, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Can you bold the ones you fastballed into the wall, ground, or your mouth? :D

Also I'm slightly disappointed that jerkface's list was just selling and rebuying Nexuses, it's like you had good judgment but were just trying to get the best deal. I thought it'd be a lot more varied, haha.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

RVProfootballer posted:

Can you bold the ones you fastballed into the wall, ground, or your mouth? :D

Also I'm slightly disappointed that jerkface's list was just selling and rebuying Nexuses, it's like you had good judgment but were just trying to get the best deal. I thought it'd be a lot more varied, haha.

Just the nexus! :D

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I've got something of a problem.

None of them were work phones. When I worked for T-Mobile I got a number of them for relatively cheap. The BlackBerry 8320 - BlackBerry 9700 were the ones I had while working there.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.

Flipperwaldt posted:

I also was on the same prepaid plan for the entire time between 1997 and 2014.

Holy crap I forgot about my t310. I loved that phone back in the day. That golf game too was great lol.

Right now Im rocking a galaxy note 3. I was going to get the note 4 but I dont see its hardware being upgrade worthy. So will wait for the note 5 to release before thinking of a new phone.

Ahmed
Dec 24, 2012

Surgeon
Lipstick Apathy
In the following order :
Siemens S25
Nokia 2100
Nokia N90
iPhone 4

My next phone will be an iPhone ( May be 7 ?)

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer
Motorola V600 (Cingular, broke) - 2004
Motorola RAZR v3i (Cingular/AT&T, I still own it but have no battery) - 2006
iPhone 3G (AT&T, sold) - 2008
Nexus One (T-Mobile, given to brother but he eventually returned it to me because cell connectivity stopped working) - 2009
Nexus S (T-Mobile, given to brother) - 2010
Galaxy Nexus (T-Mobile, given to brother) - 2011
Nexus 4 (T-Mobile, given to mother) - 2012
Nexus 5 (T-Mobile, I still own it) - 2013
Nexus 6 (T-Mobile, work) - 2015

I currently own 4 phones, 2 of which I can still use as phones (Nexus 5/6).

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RAZR, KRZR, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, Galaxy Note 2, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6

I'm... I'm Easy. I also sold all my phones to pay for the next version of the each ones and I'd usually get like 70-80% of the original cost of my iphones back. Note 2 goes unsold.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
iPhone
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4s
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol
Galaxy S2
Nexus 4
Nexus 5
Galaxy S6 (returned after 1 week, battery life sucked)
Galaxy Note 4

Still have the Galaxy S2 and it still works even after getting in a swimming pool with it 3 years ago. Sold the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 after upgrading.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
2003-2005 some type of Sony phone my mom gave me that i loved when i made my ringtone Petey Pablo's "Freek-a-leek" (lol cingular)

2005-2007: Nokia fliphone (At&t)

2007-2009 LG Env (verizon)

2009-2010: Blackberry Storm

2010: HTV Hd2, galaxy s (tmobile)

2011: Lg G2, evo shift (sprint)

2012: evo 3d

2013-2015: Galaxy Note 2

2015-?: Galaxy note 4

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 2, 2015

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Didn't have a phone for years. First personal phone was a Samsung Exclaim. Was on Sprint because that's the cell plan my parents used.

It was... okay. Pain in the rear end to type or do much of anything on. Had it for three years, I think. Never really died, I just wanted a smartphone, and I think I recycled it at a Best Buy. Not sure.

Then I had an Epic Touch whatever the gently caress, it was basically Sprint's version of the Galaxy S2.

This was a loving great phone, actually, for the time (2011?). Had it for a good two years, not many complaints about it. Good screen size, didn't notice the lag back then because I was too distracted by "oh man YOU CAN TOUCH THE SCREEN???" to really notice. Put an extended battery in it, could last an entire work shift, which back then was kind of unheard of for smartphones. I would probably have used this phone for a lot longer if not for the fact that I moved from Dallas to Seattle, and in Seattle, Sprint coverage is loving abysmal/nonexistent, and my work at the time made it unacceptable to be unreachable by phone, so I had to move to TMobile. Sprint is also a bag of dicks so that helped my decision. So I got...

A Nexus 4

Also a good phone, showed me that stock android is waaaaaaay better than Samsung's garbage. The back cracked (while in my pocket, gently caress knows how) literally the second day I had it. Kept it for about a year before the cracked back annoyed me enough to want to upgrade. Craigslisted it for $75, got..

A Nexus 5

Good phone, probably should have just kept it. Would still be happily using it if I had. The Note 4 just came out though, tempted me with the big screen, and Google discontinued the Nexus 5 which made it somewhat valuable on Craigslist, so I decided to sell it while it was worth almost as much as I paid for it (around $300). Got a

Note 4.

Big mistake, too loving big, can't use it with one hand. At first the huge display was cool and all but now it's just annoying as poo poo to try and use. Never use the Stylus, I pretty much just use my phone for calls, texts, browsing, music, very rarely camera. Ordered a Moto G 3rd gen the first day I could, it's still coming in the mail! Plus, I feel like a massive consumer whore for buying an $800 flagship I don't need, when a $200 phone can do literally everything I need.

Will be Craigslisting this phone also, I can probably get $500 for it. Alas.

edit: I forgot!

Lumia 640

Bought one from Walmart, because I was going to sell my Note 4 for this instead of a Moto G. Hated it so much I literally returned it about eight hours of loving with it later. I guess I just really like Android!

Daily Forecast fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 2, 2015

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I see a lot of you flip flop between android and iPhone, but doesn't rebuying the same app annoy you? I bought a Amazon fire phone as a second phone (iPhone for whatever local sim I am using and the fire for roaming) and I just use the fire as a feature phone basically because A. It's a dogs hit interface and B. The idea of rebuying apps pissed me off.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

EpicNemesis posted:

I see a lot of you flip flop between android and iPhone, but doesn't rebuying the same app annoy you? I bought a Amazon fire phone as a second phone (iPhone for whatever local sim I am using and the fire for roaming) and I just use the fire as a feature phone basically because A. It's a dogs hit interface and B. The idea of rebuying apps pissed me off.

I will walk to my neighborhood coffee shop every couple days and drop $3 on a cup. I slurp that down and get 20 minutes of enjoyment, maybe extend it to an hour if you take the caffeine buzz into account.

Meanwhile a phone app gives you a ton more value for the same price. 10 years ago (before the App Store drove down prices for software) if the equivalent functionality were on a desktop the developer could get away with charging $15-$30 in a lot of cases. And now you get that for an amount of money that basically is equivalent to a completely disposable product like a cup of coffee.

To me being annoyed at rebuying the same $3 app for iOS even though I bought it already for Android (or demanding eternal free updates, for that matter) is like me buying a coffee at Starbucks, then a week later being annoyed that they won't refill my empty cup for free because I bought a coffee once. It still cost money to produce, so if I want it it's fair that I should have to pay for it, and if nothing else it's a cheap price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer

EpicNemesis posted:

I've had >$20 of Google Play credit since I installed Google Opinion Rewards.

• Locked thread