Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

you should try "Inbox by GMail", it's actually really good at sorting things for you and pulling out the important details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

duTrieux. posted:

i don't need technology to read my goddamn email for me

I understand the sentiment, but having your phone tell you when you need to leave for something, adjusting for traffic owns.

Also when I go to navigate and I don't have to type anything in because where I wanted to go was suggested. I know it sounds spooky and intrusive (and it is!), I guess what I'm saying is that I, personally, don't mind given the convenience it brings me. I recognize that not everyone will share my views and that's ok, too!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Also bring back Wave

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

duTrieux. posted:

my objection has nothing to do with spookiness, it's just that if i get an email i read it and i don't need something to do that for me?

gotcha. it's only really useful for automated emails and have some action associated with it. easy access to hotel reservation numbers, boarding passes, tracking numbers, etc. if it's from a human it will just act like normal email.

• Locked thread