Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Djeser posted:

Why am I doing this?
I like things that aren't 'good'.

What is Monster High?

Dolls with Scooby Doo humor. Got it.

This is the third in a series of books written by Lisi Harrison. Why am I not reading the first? Because this was the one that I found at the book sale. This one is about a werewolf girl, if you didn't guess.

I asked a goon I know who's way, way into doll stuff if she knew anything about the books. This was her response:

"oh yeah, that's the terrible series"

So obviously, I'm going to be sharing because I wouldn't want to go into this alone. I'll be going chapter by chapter, with what summary, reflections, and analysis I can provide. To start off, here's what the inside of the jacket says:

Clawdeen's a werewolf, Frankie is a frankenstein, and according to the Monster High Wikia (of course there's a wiki), Melody is a harpy. Since the target audience is going to know what they look like, here's your primer.

(Clawdeen)
(Frankie)
(Melody, who has no official art.)

Here's the dedication:

I didn't add that footnote. Judging by the dedication, the style of humor in this book will be to say something, and then explain it until it seems like there's got to be something funny in there.

And finally, here's the Table of Contents for what I'm going to be reading for you assholes:

VITAL STATS:
Chapter titles that make good Ratchet and Clank titles: 4
Total puns so far: 22
Outfit checks: 1

Thanks, I plan on reading all of these words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Djeser posted:

Which is why I'm paying attention to it.

But why should we? I know you said it was bad, but is it bad in an interesting way? I mean I can understand deriving some enjoyment from bad media, but this is just banal.

• Locked thread