Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
make a case for it to live. im going to turn on the probe machien tomorrow. posts i determine in my sole determination to be white noise will result of a probing. im ging to be bed immediatelyn after opeing this thread. probe machine will prolly activate tomorrow mid-afternoon pacific time so feel free to hog wild till then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Indifferent to it tbh

Toodles

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what does it do?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
it should stay for the simple reason that it's not full of shitlords that can be found in the games forums threads.

it's a good place for people who actually know their head from their rear end when it comes to consoles/pc. Also being able to ridicule bad opinions without being banned is a major bonus.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
you're a little bitch smythe lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i post too much in there so my opinion is close it and make a new one

problem with most of the megathreads is that they never get regularly closed and remade so they end up like 1000 pages

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Closing it and starting a new one would be nice.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Raged posted:

it should stay for the simple reason that it's not full of shitlords that can be found in the games forums threads.

it's a good place for people who actually know their head from their rear end when it comes to consoles/pc. Also being able to ridicule bad opinions without being banned is a major bonus.

this but most yospos megathreads

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i don't really play games much these days, but its nice to have a thread where i could theoretically talk about them if i wanted, without having to go into the games forum and get perma-hellbanned because i said i didn't like something

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

smythe as mod shits up yospos

get him off the loving stage

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

large popular threads are large and popular for a reason: people like them, therefore they are popular.

why is there a need to close popular threads? if someone could explain that to me, that would be nice.

thanks.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
close it there is unironic mmo talk inside it

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

its the one place in yospos where i can indirectly talk about my love for anime
also video games are computer related so it should continue to be a yospos staple

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

fuctifino posted:

large popular threads are large and popular for a reason: people like them, therefore they are popular.

why is there a need to close popular threads? if someone could explain that to me, that would be nice.

thanks.

lots of posts != lots of posters

the games thread is exactly what was meant by an "on-site off-site".

also smythe wtf man we were promised an end to the multi-page pizza derails in the pics thread!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Widdiful posted:

its the one place in yospos where i can indirectly talk about my love for anime
also video games are computer related so it should continue to be a yospos staple

i dont see a rabbit pun in this post?

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

there are lots of posters who only post in the games thread, find a way to force them to become real yosposters or get the heck out!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
dont close jt but mb consider banning the ppl who post anime in it instead

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
i find it useful to go into every few thousands posts and ask for a game recommendation. at least it's self contained.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
close and remake IMO

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
close and remake or otherwise keep it. there's literally nowhere else to go on the forums to just chill and talk poo poo about games, and games are computer related

also maybe try and see if ppl can tone down the shitposting in it? vOv

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Space-Pope posted:

close and remake or otherwise keep it. there's literally nowhere else to go on the forums to just chill and talk poo poo about games, and games are computer related

isn't this literally the entire point of Impzone?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

fuctifino posted:

thanks.
because ppl are butthurt that their monkey cheese threads never get popular. rather than figuring out that theyre dumb + unfunny, they blame megathreads for why no one wants to read their garbage

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

gonadic io posted:

isn't this literally the entire point of Impzone?
it was, originally. then they let the iks stay as mods and turn it into an unfunny circlejerk w/ weird internet racism

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

unfunny circlejerk w/ weird internet racism

but enough about the yospos games thread

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

move it to the imp zone

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AAB posted:

move it to the imp zone

"but i'm afraid of posting in imp zone because they probed me for six hour once :qq:"

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

"but i'm afraid of posting in imp zone because they probed me for six hour once :qq:"

buck up, bitch

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Make it for real (computer) games only. no consoles allowed

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Shaggar posted:

Make it for real (computer) games only. no consoles allowed

BooLoo posted:

i find it useful to go into every few thousands posts and ask for a game recommendation. at least it's self contained.

i agree with both of these posts

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

make it for non-console computer games only and then move it to imp zone

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

horse mans posted:

you're a little bitch smythe lol

Yea, for real Smythe. Get your tepid-rear end poo poo out of here before I alpha on your feeble rear end. Think you can hang with the big boys? Lol. My top-of-the-line MacBook has more value than your life you little twerp. If you try to step to my megathreads one more time I'll strip and chain your rear end up in a dog kennel, put you in a headlock, and flick your shrimpy little human being cock straight off like a ciggy ash. I'll crush your tiny, useless balls into oblivion with my premium RJ-45 crimper, all the while recording in 240 fps on my gold iPhone. You'll be begging for your pathetic so-called life and the chance to atone by getting a CS degree, while I laugh and say talk to the Siri cuz the face don't wanna hear it. Bitch.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

that's a satan!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

emoji posted:

Yea, for real Smythe. Get your tepid-rear end poo poo out of here before I alpha on your feeble rear end. Think you can hang with the big boys? Lol. My top-of-the-line MacBook has more value than your life you little twerp. If you try to step to my megathreads one more time I'll strip and chain your rear end up in a dog kennel, put you in a headlock, and flick your shrimpy little human being cock straight off like a ciggy ash. I'll crush your tiny, useless balls into oblivion with my premium RJ-45 crimper, all the while recording in 240 fps on my gold iPhone. You'll be begging for your pathetic so-called life and the chance to atone by getting a CS degree, while I laugh and say talk to the Siri cuz the face don't wanna hear it. Bitch.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

close it and send us to imp zone, but only after brokering a two-week amnesty deal with the imp zone IKs while we adjust to their strange new memes

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

emoji posted:

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

emoji posted:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

emoji posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space-Pope posted:

this was true not even two years ago, but the imp zone has filled the 'casual games discussion' niche extremely well. also, games itself is a lot more chill. i call people aids-ridden retards all the time and i dont think ive even been probed for it

the tfr, gip, and yospos games threads could be rolled into imp zone or games regular and nobody would really care

well i would care if i had to read your posts on games i guess

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

this was true not even two years ago, but the imp zone has filled the 'casual games discussion' niche extremely well. also, games itself is a lot more chill. i call people aids-ridden retards all the time and i dont think ive even been probed for it

the tfr, gip, and yospos games threads could be rolled into imp zone or games regular and nobody would really care
    /

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

The Bowser Says friend of the family Meme

• Locked thread