Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
do you like institutional racism in the US?
no it seems bad
i dunno, maybe the cops have a point
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

the whole 'blacks commit more crime' thing is retarded because crime isn't about race, crime is about class

Yeah it's pretty much I didn't control for income in my data.xls

e: oh hey necro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

on the left posted:

What's the answer when people use basic undergraduate-level statistics to include income in their models and race is still a significant factor in crime?

I guess the negro is just naturally more criminal, also their ~culture~ because rap music.

Also if you're an undergrad and you think you've proved that black people are naturally more criminal I'm going to go ahead and bet you probably hosed up.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

on the left posted:

I'm not saying that it's done at the undergrad level, i'm just saying that the "It's not race, just poverty" explanation is trivially debunked. It was used as an example in class when I learned multivariate regression.

Yeah how did that go over with the minorities in class?

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

TheImmigrant posted:

US and Canada are probably the two countries where both social norms and official policy reflect the idea that "racism is bad" the most strongly. If you goons ever got out, you might realize this.

Man good thing the TheImmigrant is here to set us straight.

Thanks bro!

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

on the left posted:

The class was 90% minorities (Chinese/Indian) and there were no real issues.

You can use crime victimization surveys and build a predictive model of crime based on demographic factors if analysis of offenders is considered taboo.

You can also determine if crime drops in areas proportionally with a rise in incomes at a similar rate to other races which it does.

• Locked thread