Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

unterdude posted:

The pre-cut broccoli they have is more expensive than at the chinese market.

I've had the perception that Costco was cheaper for food than the supermarket most of the time, but I've slowly realized that the prices are usually pound-for-pound about the same, but you'll usually get better quality stuff.

I hear people say this a lot, but around here Costco usually still beats the supermarkets' sale prices (while also being better quality.) There are some things they're closer to parity on, but most of the stuff I buy is way cheaper at Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blackchamber posted:

Our costco always has tons of cashiers, never enough as its been said, but what they only have one of is receipt checkers. Last week there was a good 30 people cart to cart lined up and rather than just eyeballing the cart and highlighting like they do at sams she was seriously moving stuff around in carts to count stuff.

Yeah, by and large the people working at the Costco around here are about the best workers you'll ever encounter in retail, the only exception is when they put old people that take their job way too seriously in charge of receipt checking.

• Locked thread