Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Palace of Hate posted:

are you sure you aren't seeing these OP?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

I do have a tiny floater in my eye. But it is not the same thing.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Kudaros posted:

Where does the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) fit in with all this?

Islam believes that the Holy Spirit is the angel Gabriel.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

SedanChair posted:

It sounds like you can ask him yourself once the whirlwind bears u to paradise.

I believe Muhammad to be a false prophet.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Enchanter Homnibus posted:

I believe Muhammad to be a false prophet.

Well, they believe Jesus to be only a prophet :colbert:

And Jews believe Jesus was a false prophet :colbert:

So who is right?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Below is an acrylic painting by a modern day artistic genius and inspired by God through a dream.

By: Child Prodigy Akiane Kramarik entitled, "Pyramid."

...In one of my dreams I saw the image of white pyramids beaten by the ocean waves and surrounded by live bubbles.

Unlike most of my dreams I saw the image of white pyramids beaten by the ocean waves and surrounded by live bubbles.

Unlike most of my paintings, I had no idea what those symbols meant, but I painted them anyway.

Today the meaning still remains a riddle...

Akiane Kramarick

The scripture that this painting reminds me of is:

Genesis 1:2. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

It appears that God is inspiring modern day artistic geniuses to paint "live bubbles."

Thanks very much for this groovy thread and especially for this here post! I really like this painting and I'm using it as my desktop background now.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

markgreyam posted:

Look at it there, taking literally no part in the day to day lives of it's subjects, as always.

The Holy Spirit Himself has helped me with the opening post.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Does anyone remember when Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat was a popular musical? Strange times.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Magugu posted:

Hail Satan
Hitler discovered later in life that he was the second anti-Christ and visited Napoleon's tomb. Napoleon's was the first anti-Christ.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 12, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Hitler discovered later in life that he was the second anti-Christ and visited Napoleon's tomb. Napoleon's tomb.

He visited Napoleon's tomb because he had just taken Paris. It was the only time he ever went to Paris.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Like Jesus Christ Superstar I understand, given the time of its release, its sympathy with Judas, its sort of half-questioning way of dealing with the whole story. But Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat was one hell of a thing.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Jonad posted:

In the 9th Bolgia of the Eighth circle of Hell, infidel!

Praise Jesus

Muhammad did know Jesus was the Son of God and thus could not have known the Father.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Muhammad did know Jesus was the Son of God and thus could not have known the Father.

You got something to back that up?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

What's everyone work of fiction which addresses the mythology? I enjoy Sandman, I, Lucifer and The Mysterious Stranger, although there is also an angel in the Wrinkle in Time sequels, if I remember correctly. Supernatural is going into like it's 11th season now. All those things have angels, God and Satan, but I don't think any of them have Jesus. Maybe I, Lucifer did though, I don't remember well enough.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oh, and I suppose there's Angels in America. A lot of works about God depict him as an absent and neglectful father figure for humanity, perhaps to preserve His mystery and avoid establishing too many rules about Him.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Well, they believe Jesus to be only a prophet :colbert:

And Jews believe Jesus was a false prophet :colbert:

So who is right?

Christians have it right. Jesus is the Son of God and the Savior. He was a true prophet as well.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015
Satan must be angry with me to have sent his dominion Potential BFF.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Christians have it right. Jesus is the Son of God and the Savior. He was a true prophet as well.

No, the Muslims have it right. Or wait, the Jews have it right. No, scratch that the Bhuddists have it right. No no no, obviously the Mormons have it right.

Which sect of Christianity is the true one? What's the litmus test?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Math Debater posted:

Thanks very much for this groovy thread and especially for this here post! I really like this painting and I'm using it as my desktop background now.

I like that painting as well.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really like all the Twilight Zone episodes with Satan, especially when he is played by Burgess Meredith. There are also some with guardian angels, but I don't believe God is any of them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Satan must be angry with me to have sent his dominion Potential BFF.

Bicyclops posted:

I really like all the Twilight Zone episodes with Satan, especially when he is played by Burgess Meredith. There are also some with guardian angels, but I don't believe God is any of them.

Ooo, the one where he plays the typeset machine operator.

drat it, Burgess Meredith was a flexible actor.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

He visited Napoleon's tomb because he had just taken Paris. It was the only time he ever went to Paris.

He visited Napoleon's tomb because he was his counterpart the first anti-Christ. It was something far more personal.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

He visited Napoleon's tomb because he was his counterpart the first anti-Christ. It was something far more personal.

That's a nice hypothesis you have there, it'd be a shame if someone were to test it.

He visited Napoleon's tomb because he was huge admirer of Napoleon. That's it. Making Conjecture that draws off your faith only serves your purpose and has no foundation in reality.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

Oh, and I suppose there's Angels in America. A lot of works about God depict him as an absent and neglectful father figure for humanity, perhaps to preserve His mystery and avoid establishing too many rules about Him.

God is a good Father.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I kind of miss the Twilight Zone interpretation of the Devil, when he would just kind of show up all over the place, usually smiling, making deals with people and being tricky. One time he was even Julie Newmar.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

God is a good Father.

"Look what you loving kids did to my grand plan, now I'm gonna have to genocide ya'll by drowning you in the world bathtub"

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

You got something to back that up?

Jesus in Islam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam

Here is a good testimony of how Jesus is drawing Muslim people to Christianity.

http://christianity.about.com/od/miraculousintervention/a/khalidtestimony.htm

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

They considered him a prophet. Not the son of god. D- for effort, but you should've known better.

F for thinking a conversion story counts as revamping the validity Christianity over the Muslim faith. Confirmation Bias is a logical fallacy. See me after class.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

That's a nice hypothesis you have there, it'd be a shame if someone were to test it.

He visited Napoleon's tomb because he was huge admirer of Napoleon. That's it. Making Conjecture that draws off your faith only serves your purpose and has no foundation in reality.

I saw it on a TV documentary.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I saw it on a TV documentary.

Surely, the peak of information standards.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

There is an action figure of one iteration of Twilight Zone Devil:

It doesn't look like any of the Guardian Angels made the action figure cut, though. Nobody must want to display them on their shelves.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bicyclops posted:

It doesn't look like any of the Guardian Angels made the action figure cut, though. Nobody must want to display them on their shelves.

I need one of Pip

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

They considered him a prophet. Not the son of god. D- for effort, but you should've known better.

F for thinking a conversion story counts as revamping the validity Christianity over the Muslim faith. Confirmation Bias is a logical fallacy. See me after class.

But teacher, I knew they thought Him as a prophet. And they think of Him as the Messiah as well.

But teacher, that is a story of Jesus Himself appearing supernaturally to a Muslim telling him that he will preach the gospel to his nation.

The Father said that Jesus is His Son in the gospels.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

I kind of miss the Twilight Zone interpretation of the Devil, when he would just kind of show up all over the place, usually smiling, making deals with people and being tricky. One time he was even Julie Newmar.

Looks like a good description of the devil to me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The Father said that Jesus is His Son in the gospels.

Right, because the Koran should be judged by the Bible. No problem with this logic.

But teacher, that is a story of Jesus Himself appearing supernaturally to a Muslim telling him that he will preach the gospel to his nation.

So if you hallucinate Chuckles the Clown coming to tell you that the Barnum Brothers were wrong to release their elephants, you'd buy that too.

No reason to believe that a religiously emotional experience could possibly cause hallucinations. No sir.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

What about movies of Jesus and photos of Him?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Right, because the Koran should be judged by the Bible. No problem with this logic.

So if you hallucinate Chuckles the Clown coming to tell you that the Barnum Brothers were wrong to release their elephants, you'd buy that too.

No reason to believe that a religiously emotional experience could possibly cause hallucinations. No sir.

Let's not let thoughts of hallucinations hinder our vision o wise one.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Man needs Jesus unless they want to be a miserable devil in the afterlife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Which movies? Like the Mel Gibson one? There just aren't as many. I don't think He got His own comic book series, like Lucifer, either. Someone should work on one.

• Locked thread