Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Here is a good explanation of what would have happened:

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/suing-a-corporation-as-a-corporate-shareholder.html

quote:

Derivative Lawsuit: Suing Directors and Officers on Behalf of the Corporation
In a shareholder derivative suit action, an individual or shareholder of the corporation would bring suit against the corporation on behalf of the corporation, rather than as a individual person. Derivative suits are usually brought against insiders of the corporations like the directors, officers, board members who have been accused or suspected of acts that caused harm against the corporation.

In order for a shareholder to bring a derivative suit, it must be shown that:

Standing: The shareholder that is bring the suit on behalf of the corporation had stock ownership at the time of the act complained of or during the course of the pending litigation being brought.
Represent Interest of Shareholder: The shareholder bring suit must represent the shareholders interest and not just their own personal interest.
Make a written Demand: Prior to bring a derivative suit, a shareholder must make a written demand to the directors about the complaint. Then, if the directors fail to take action. The shareholder could be excused from making the demand if they show that the corporation will immediately be harmed if they make the demand and wait for a response or action by directors, and the suit must be made immediately.
Corporation as Defendant: The Corporation must be named as a defendant even if the suit is brought on behalf of the corporation.
Business Judgment Rule: Courts will dismiss the suit if the disinterested directors determined that the transaction was not wrongful and was done in good faith, with a rational basis and even if it harmed the corporation, there was no fraudulent or wrongful conduct.
- See more at: http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/suing-a-corporation-as-a-corporate-shareholder.html#sthash.CCnttoVS.dpuf

Also, owning 51% of a stock does not mean that you "own" the company. There are different types of stock. Also, if Danny was declared dead those stocks would have been sold.

Basically it's dumb and stupid.

Why does Danny still have 51% stock? Why would the company just set aside billions of dollars for someone presumed dead in a plane crash in the mountains for 15 years.Its so loving dumb.

http://www.companylawclub.co.uk/what-happens-if-a-shareholder-dies

What would have actually happened would be Danny would have been declared dead , then the State of New York would since he has no living relatives I believe the State of New York would have received the shares. You can bet your rear end they'd move as fast as possible to get those shares.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

So this is weird but Alt Right (white supremacists) are review bombing IMBD and rating sites to falsely increase the ranking of the show among review aggregate websites.

These are some of the "10 star reviews" for IMDB

These are all the different reviews from IMDB

quote:

After watching Iron Fist, I am convinced that the only reason it received bad reviews before it EVEN PREMIERED was because of the fact that Danny Rand is a white man.

I noticed people bashing the lead because he is white. Iron Fist was white so I do not understand that position. To expect the lead to be Asian simply because there is martial arts involved is racist in itself. Please also understand that his whiteness is actually important to the story. It leads to the two worlds fish out of water uneasiness that the main brings.

I understand when Iron Fist was created they made him white in fear of him not selling as an Asian character. But it's not the same in the modern comics or this show for that matter. This show hasn't made him out to be some white savior, and I'm thankful for that. I do wish there were strong Asian superheroes, but I still like this particular character whether he's white or Asian. If you read any of this review, read this part. Watch the show for yourself. Judge it based on your feelings towards it. Don't let a critic tell you not to watch it. Form your own opinion, and please stay open minded.

Its about some AWESOME white guy who can throw an iron punch that is casted as lead because he's incredible, while the real martial arts master, Lewis Tan, is portrayed as an important side character with great martial arts chops.

There are hundred of these reviews. All men pretty much by profile pic.

Here's from Rotten Tomatoes:

quote:

The entire breakdown from the professional critics boils down to : " he's white and that's bad." STFU and read a comic book you hacks.

Don't listen to the critics on this one... Critics followed the lead of SJW's everywhere but this show is great!

Anyway I have no desire to go down the rabbit hole but yeah other websites have pointed this out in reviews as well.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I expect a " unidentified source " to dish on what was actually going on. Also if Loeb had any input at all it was probably all bad. Having 9 Eexe. Producers indicate a lot of conflicting opinions.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Everything I am reading really does make it sound like unfortunately the show was doomed to fail really.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Weren't all the other monks bald ? And why did Danny still have hair when he faced the Dragon?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Why does Davos have a English accent. That's something weird i never noticed.

I am rewatchin all of the Netflix series and goddamn Luke Cage is so good.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 28, 2017

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Do they even ever say what happened to the previous Iron Fist. Seems like a glaring omission.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I meditate drunken master style.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I still don't understand why he has a no kill rule which has to be totally impractical when trying to fight against the hand.

Matt I can kind of understand because he is super religious but Danny just spouts bizarre Buhdist philosophy and Wing runs around.with a sword.

It's just dumb.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Venuz Patrol posted:

i dont like matt's no kill rule either, because the writers kept finding excuses to off characters they wanted to stop being part of the story anyway. the episode he spends with the russian taxi gangster hostage that he refuses to kill despite getting his rear end kicked by him multiple times was great, but then he finally wins the gangster's trust and the guy.... wanders off to die anyway? immediately?

and karen killing kingpin's number two and being completely okay with it after taking a shower and having a bad dream was the low point of the season for me. if they had gone deeper into the irony of daredevil taking a no murders stance but having all of his enemies cleaned up by his friends constantly, it could have been good, but it never got mentioned again in the last few episodes. I haven't bothered to start the second season because of this

Karen is really hosed up in Season 2 from it and this is why she takes Frank Castle's side of things. Like its a actual character pivoting point and it's hammered home pretty clearly when Frank implies that he understood that she would have no problem killing him and many different moments during the season. She is not 100% okay with it.

Her support of Castle makes total sense when frame with the background that she murdered a guy.

Season 2 of Daredevil is a little uneven but I still think it's a very well done season.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The Bushido "code" is not a written code ( the writers don't know this) it's a unwritten list of specific virtues. One of which is dispensing justice.

There just really wasn't even any research at all. Especially with Danny. He never once in any of his fights in a Kung Fu stance or any other stance other than " MMA ".

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Jessica Jones is definitely the best of the three.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Shageletic posted:

For some hearty lols, check out interviews (the few of them) that Scott Buck did for IF:

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/iron-fist-is-no-white-saviour-says-showrunner-scott-buck

Hrmmmm

"I had never read the comics."

Also, this was now obviously Jeph Loeb making GBS threads the bed with his own ideas. So you got two people who are poo poo writers involved.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's just kind of dumb to say " Danny left" instead of " Danny became the Iron Fist and is charged with defeating the Hand at all cost starting with his family's company".

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Blackbolt will probably just be known as Brad and he will probably talk.Medusa will be a hair stylist.

It's going to be total poo poo.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

If Scott Buck is in charge of Inhumans it is going to be absolute garbage.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Badlands probably had a similar if not less budget. Arrow has a way less budget and has better fights.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

They should have just had David Tenant be the villain in every series . Just finished watching Jessica Jones and drat what a good series.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

No one writing for this show understand how anything works

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I really really tried to like this but Whole Season Spoiler This was just bad. Like yeah it had some cool moments , but overall the writing was just bad. It was literally a by the numbers " Well X has not interacted with Y so lets write a scene so they do. " the most egregious was when they were like " We gotta get everyone to safety from the hand , who have tracked down everyone , but uh.. put them in a police station in one room all together". What?? It was not even consistent , Foggy just loving left and got Matts costume but their suppose to be in protective custody? The hand want to live forever, but also they want to destroy New York, and New York is apparently precariously balanced on top of a cave with Dragon Bones? Like it's a game of Jenga? That's loving retarded.

Also, it looked like poo poo. Like it looked like a episode of Agents of Shield . Apparently EVERYTHING happens at night , in a poorly lit room. There were some okayish cool fights. It was just though pants on head retarded some times. " THATS A HOMICIDE" says Luke Cage like what? My favorite part has to be Luke Cage privilege checking idiot man child Danny Rand and Rand is reacts exactly like a idiot to it " Oh I have a company" and then they just like go to some accountant and she is like " Oh the Hand is totally there" , at least they kept it consistent with Danny just being dumb as a box of dirt. Nothing in this was consistent. Why did they need the Black Sky? Why was she important? What exactly did she do? Like all the other members of the Hand seemed pretty competent at what they were doing. Why specifically did they need that one "weapon". To do what?

I actually really liked all the other series ( except for Iron Fist)

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 19, 2017

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I really wanted to like this season and there were sme good points but Full Season Spoilers There to me wasn't really a compelling villain and over all the story was just all over the place with her mom coming back etc.. it's just like to much really. Like the onl reason was to keep watching Jessica but the sub plots during this was just really bad and uninteresting

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Just finished this up over the weekend and drat if taht wasn't the best 2nd season of Marvel's Netflix series. Crazy amazing good full of suprising twists etc.. Whole Season Spoilers It kind of makes sense at the end that Mariah's last stab at Luke is to corrupt him and Season 3 being about that is gonna be pretty great. I love that Bushmaster survived. I like Tilda. Shades was perfect .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Just a heads up Marvel / Disney already edits out any questionable gay stuff/romantic stuff for foreign markets because they want to make money so it's kind of silly for them to not give America / other places a full on gay character.