Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Yeah, Daredevil rules. He's one of the heroes that actually killed people and didn't even bat an eye about it. He's also tortured bad guys. He's a pretty drat grimdark character.

I thought Daredevil didn't kill? I mean, he's always giving The Punisher grief for killing people, which would make him a hypocrite if that were the case. I thought his thing, since being a lawyer, was to see these criminals put through the process of law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Cythereal posted:

From what's been said/leaked, Frank will have mercenaries. A Blackwater-style PMC is apparently the main antagonist group.

Which will probably be in some way connect to The Hand

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Okay, someone on that writing staff watched Rambo: First Blood recently. Also probably The Predator.

Well, if you're going to be inspired, better those films instead of Rambo 3 and Aliens vs Predator

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

My big problem with Daredevil, and this is just me and my thing, so your experience will vary, but drat, I just can't get over how much Charlie Cox looks like Will Forte. Others probably don't see it, and god bless 'em, but it's a distraction for me.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Cythereal posted:

There will be blood.

Mostly Frank's.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

It's amazing that just how despicable Rawlins was, he still wasn't as despicable as in the comic

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Having read the comics made me surprised that the screen version didn't match up... and a little unhappy? For most of the show I thought, to be fair, that comics Rawlins might be too hammy for the show, but TV Rawlins got plenty :stare: hammy at the end there.

I loved his death in the comics. "Oh no" was such a perfect end to such a slimy character

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

DrNutt posted:

I think that as long as they don't have (comics spoiler) Frank kill Micro for a technicality or something like the stupid loving first Ennis MAX run, the show is probably in good hands. God that was stupid and turned me completely off MAX Punisher for being stupid edgy-mcedgelord garbage.

He kills Micro for doing the same thing Clancy Brown and his soldiers were doing. Bringing drugs into the country

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ok, that went in the wrong thread

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

dont even fink about it posted:

I am only on episode 9 of Punisher but so far it feels like every Marvel Netflix property, in that it could be half as long and not much overall would be lost. Frank blames himself for his family's deaths, we get it.

I think it's funny, there's these shows with 22/23 eps, and one thinks "Man, I could do without some of these monster/villain of the week" eps, and then I watch some of these Netflix shows with 13 eps, and think "Man, I wish there was an occasional monster/villain of the week" ep

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

One thing I'd like to see in Punisher S2 is for them to take a page out of the Garth Ennis MAX run and split the narrative between Frank and the villain of the piece. We got a little of that in this season, but I'd really like them to flesh out the bad guy a little more.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I want a scene of Frank dealing with someone who isn't military in some way. I wanna see how he would fight off someone using the drunken monkey form without a gun on hand.

You want "Mother Russia" from the MAX line. Nick Fury sends Frank and another soldier into Russia in a secret mission to retrieve a biological weapon that inside the bloodstream of a small child. Frank faces off with a soldier called The Mongolian who kicks Frank's rear end. Then the Mongolian slaps the five year old. Moments later: "I realize when I'm tearing his leg off like a drumstick that I'm frightening the girl."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Javid posted:

I love how the 04 movie fully embraced the absurdity of a lot of Ennis' characters. You couldn't do an accurate version of like, The Russian in the netflix series, but they did it and it was entirely at home in that movie.

Sure you could. I want to see The Russian beating up Jon Bernthal while bragging that he's the founder of the Daredevil fan club

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, especially in civil war where he's basically making GBS threads his pants in glee that he's working with Cap.

Anyway, Ant Man is a really fun heist movie, but with superpowers, and that guy should watch it.

I love his line in Civil War: "Here's your shield, Captain America." He didn't have to say that at all, but you just knew he got a kick out of saying "Captain America"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

Ant Man was one of the best parts of Civil War. The movie is a bit too tense, but Rudd really lightens it up with his scenes. You get the feeling that if Iron Man had asked him first that he would have joined his side, just because he wants to meet a famous person.

Nah. Remember his line to Tony? "Hank Pym said to never trust a Stark"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

I'm pretty sure that was more of a game of thrones joke than it was an actual statement of character intent.

At the beginning of Ant-Man it's shown Pym doesn't like Stark. I think later he even mentions that he doesn't want Stark to get his hands on his technology.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

nvm

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Batman would've been dead the first time he tried swinging from a rooftop

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I hope they bring in The Mindless Ones.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

zeal posted:

that dubious laurel will continue to be held by Rogue One until the Han Solo movie comes out

What about all the added stuff to the Hobbit?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I think the slavers would be more uncomfortable to watch,(bad guys being gutted while alive,people being burned alive,the kettle scene,rape, and dead babies)

I did lead to the moment in a later storyline where Frank tries to convince himself that he didn't comment those acts, that even he was horrified on some level at what he had done

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

If I have zero interest in Daredevil could I pick up Punisher without any problems? It sounds like its in some ways a direct-ish sequel to events in DDs2.

e: Last Netflix Marvel show I watched was JJones, which I liked a lot of, and Luke Cage, which I liked some of and gradually lost interest. Never saw any of Daredevil or Iron Fist.

You can watch Punisher without watching DD2 with no problem.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hap & Leonard is the very definition of a "slow burn", and at no point is it ever boring.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Welcome back, Frank

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

My only nitpick, unless there was a throwaway line I missed somewhere, was how Micro's family didn't recognize Frank, especially after he shaved. Wasn't he the biggest story in the news with his face plastered all over front pages during DD season 2?

Also, for some reason, every one thought Frank was dead at this point.

"Does this look the work of a dead man?"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If the Punisher joins the defenders, he’d be the wizard. Long distance damage and AoE grenades.

Scene: Defenders get ready for another hallway fight with the Hand. Frank then shoots all of the Hand.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Why don't we just fast-forward past the part where Karen Page becomes a junkie prostitute, pretend it never happened, maybe a passing reference that she had a real bender of a weekend.

Instead of Karen, make it Foggy. And where the hell's Bullseye?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh yeah people were calling that for years on the basis "beloved genre actor" and "is bald".

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The charred look they gave Ghost Rider in Spirits of Vengeance was so perfect that the AoS GR looked too cartoony in comparison

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

biracial bear for uncut posted:

To be fair, this is what the AoS Ghost Rider looks like in the comics.

I know, but I really liked the texture on the SoV GR

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Field Mousepad posted:

He's not part of the marvel universe though. If you had him next to a god, an unstoppable living tank and billion dollar tech suit man I would have said the same thing about him.

Can say the same thing about Batman though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

The difference between Batman & Tony Stark is that while Stark has the very real demons of ego, alcoholism and being too overprotective at times, Batman has, (at least since Frank Miller) had severe clinical paranoia and schizophrenia, leaving him to be enter this weird hyper focused period where he figures out how he’d kill the rest of the Justice League. There was supposedly a story from the early 00’s that was like Vision or something merges with the bat computer for reasons and he accidentally sees all of Batman’s contingency plans and he tries to warn Superman and Clark is like “yeah that’s just Bruce, and if he ever pops off Me and Green Lantern have already promised to just throw him into the sun before he kills all of us”.

No, my point was, is Black Widow is superfluous to The Avengers because of Thor and others, then Justice League, which has a god, the world's fastest man, and 2 Supermen, why would you need a guy who dresses like a bat?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Samizdata posted:

You are RIGHT! Batman is NOT a part of the Marvel Universe! Yay you!

Are you sure?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Samizdata posted:

One crossover doesn't count. I mean, Batman also had a crossover with Judge Dredd. Doesn't make him a part of the 2000AD universe or Dredd part of the DCU.

EDIT: Before you say Pics Or It Didn't Happen, here's a cover.

2000AD does consider all crossovers to be in official Dredd continuity.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I could see Black Widow outsmarting everyone but Tony, but Vision can literally read minds and also doesn’t function psychologically as a human, so I doubt she could trick him.

Batman has canonically become such a paranoid schizo that he can regularly outsmart supergeniuses and outmaneuver clinical psychopaths.

LoL I just realize that all of Superman’s best foes are Lex Luther, Braniac, and Gorilla Grodd, all megageniuses, and his plan for all of them is “punch until still”

I can totally see Widow outsmarting Tony

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

At least none of them had a "Save Martha" moment. Peter's friend Ned could've outsmarted Batfleck

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 14, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Well, the guy who plays Black Bolt on Inhumans is joining Star Trek: Discovery. Unless it's just a guest role, this isn't a good sign for Inhumans.

Granted, there weren't many good signs about Inhumans

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hoo-boy

https://twitter.com/tsengputterman/status/1020446053059973120

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Did Matt get his glasses made in loving Wakanda or something? He should have been picking glass out of his retinas for the next month.

Unstable molecules. It's how they're going to introduce the Fantastic Four. As the Fantastic Four-Eyes, Family Optometrists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ThePunisher/status/1080116573476540416