Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ExplodingSquid posted:

I'm waiting for it to start now (Daredevil) It's half past midnight here in Australia. (10th)

Any idea when it goes live?

Probably not until a US timezone or two hits the 10th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Sadly I work this weekend; I'm still gonna try to watch the whole thing, but I may not have the actual time to do it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I know nothing about the geography of the New York skyline...should Stark/Avengers Tower have been visible at any point? I didn't notice it at all, and I figured they would have jumped at the chance to have it show up in the background.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I wish we had gotten a hair more courtroom stuff. Not a lot, but just one more case going to trial on screen would have been really nice to see. For a character who's supposed to be a lawyer, they really shied away from having him do lawyer-y stuff on screen.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Drifter posted:

What surgery?

He got his heart fixed up and the implanted arc reactor removed.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kheldarn posted:

Also, on a personal level, I would have preferred it if Netflix did one episode a week. I like having everyone seeing an episode at the same time, and being able to talk about it, and speculate. But, that's not the Netflix way. I'll just have to adapt.

For me, I feel that the Netflix method of just dumping the whole season at once really ruins any kind of suspense. Can't really have an effective cliffhanger when you can just start up the next episode right away.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ravel posted:

Who was Gao supposed to be anyway

Presumably something tying in to the Iron Fist mythos.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

MrAristocrates posted:

Well, I was completely loving wrong, they're about to show the first episode here

Jealous! I expect a full trip-report.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager posted:

And yeah, I know Skye is quickly becoming the most powerful and important person on SHIELD, but Coulson's always going to be the one front-and-center in the ads. Definitely don't want to derail the thread with this stuff, but I do strongly suspect this something that's definitely factoring in a little.

That's not her naaaaaame!!!!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Rarity posted:

I booked the 20th off, gonna be :f5:ing my computer come 8am :getin:

I wonder what the odds are that it'll drop early? I know OitNB got an early release

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
What are the odds of a surprise early release this evening? Or should I just resign myself to not watching anything til after work tomorrow?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Barry Convex posted:

Zero, pretty much. Netflix releases just about all their originals at midnight Pacific on Fridays.

Ahh, the Orange is the New Black early release was a one-off then?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Barry Convex posted:

I actually didn't know that that had happened, but probably?

Yeah; it was "released early for good behavior"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I took it that no matter how much Hogarth hated her ex, she still trusted her as a doctor.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

TARDISman posted:

and Kilgrave... :stare:

That's your summary of the show right there.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Andrew_1985 posted:

Do we know what Luke Cage stories they're going to adapt for his season? Has JJ done well enough to warrant a second season? Will we see these guys in the MCU?

We just saw JJ for 13 episodes of MCU content.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Narcissus1916 posted:

Agent Carter is light and breezy and really drat fun. Don't dismiss it just because Agents of SHIELD may have sucked the air out of your enthusiasm.

And SHIELD stopped being mediocre about 2/3rds of the way through season 1, became awesome and has been getting better ever since.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Deakul posted:

Dude, you can't say anything good about AoS on SA, it's against the rules!

It's poo poo and will always be poo poo and so is anything Whedon related.

:ssh:

Don't go in the AoS thread then..pretty much everyone in there is super positive about the show.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still a bit baffled that they cranked out Daredevil Season 2 before finishing up the initial run of series' that were announced from Day 1...but what do I know? I guess DD did SO well that they had to follow it up.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Am I the only one that finds "The world is ready for a bulletproof black man" to be INCREDIBLY tone-deaf in light of recent events?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

HIJK posted:

People poo poo on the show because it had a boring first season and the first season of any show is supposed to draw people in. If they didn't enjoy season 1 of any kind of show then they won't watch any more episodes, because why would they?

Your entry point has to be at least good. Season 1 of AOS was boring and crappy and it's an incredibly hard sell to tell people "yeah you should watch a show that's only marginally improved from it's mediocre first season, and it isn't great television but you should watch it anyway. Even though it isn't all that interesting and you hated the first episodes you saw."

I won't deny that Season 1 started rather bland. But it dramatically improved just past the halfway point and has been getting steadily better ever since.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

HIJK posted:

Why should the audience care about what a show is doing now when their first impression of it is so negative?

Because its so much better now? In this age of social media and whatnot, word of mouth can accomplish a lot

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

marktheando posted:

Did the Scottish nerd and the English nerd ever get together? I did feel bad for that guy, getting rejected and brain damaged on the same day.

Yup, that was a subplot of season 3

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The original order was for 60 episodes of content.

Four 13 episode series is 52, leaving only 8 for Defenders. They could have done all five as 12s, but I think keeping the big crossover smaller is the right instinct.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Man...I watched the second episode of Iron Fist last night, and boy howdy was the mental hospital stuff really problematic.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, Thor 1 is one of my fav Marvel films. It just feels...earnest.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Goodbody posted:

Establishing that the Iron Fist takes a lot of energy and tires Danny out is a great idea. It explains why he wouldn't use it all the time, and creates stakes for when he does use it. Plus it allows for classic martial arts anime gags about the character eating a lot

They really are trying to fix the character in the Defenders

That's not exactly new for Defenders. At the start of Ep 7 of his own series, Danny says he can't use the Iron Fist because he "drained his chi" using it at the tournament.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Punisher to hit Netflix on November 17th.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/marvel-the-punisher-premiere-date-netflix-jon-bernthal-1202190165/

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
D'Onofrio confirmed for Daredevil season 3, Erik Oleson taking over as Daredevil showrunner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

HIJK posted:

Who is Erik and what has he done

co-exeuctive producer on 23 episodes of Arrow, executive producer on 10 episodes of The Man in the High Castle