Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

STAC Goat posted:

I regret wading into this and officially say I have no grounds to decide what Asian Americans should or shouldn't find racist. But for whatever its worth Danny was minding his own business when Colleen put a dollar in his drinking cup and he only "accosted" her to give her her money back which is when he noticed the flier and her name.

Like, that's all I really meant to say. Danny's an awkward, socially maladjusted dork but he didn't jump the first random Asian person hey saw in the street and start speaking Mandarin to her apropos of nothing.

I agree with you, for what it's worth. I think Iron Fist's biggest crime, both as a show and as a character, is just being a tad too out of the loop and too stupid about how to go about its business. As bad as it was, the silver lining is that there's plenty of room for improvement moving forward, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah they didn't retcon anything. More an expansion than anything else.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wasn't saying they aren't Nazis, for what it's worth. Just stating that AoS basically said "they were a kooky crazy cult that worshipped aliens, and then they decided to be Nazis too." Hydra is more than just Nazis, but they are still Nazis.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So I assume they mean midnight PST for most releases?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Only three episodes in so far, taking my time, but so far I'm really digging it.

Ep3: Danny is going to fight the Hand on a different front. So he represents Rand Enterprises, marches right up to the boardroom and confronts them on their illegal dealings with his company. Danny is ridiculously blunt, but otherwise I'm enjoying that he is TRYING to represent his company and tell them to watch themselves. Then of course, he walks right off the deep end into talking about the Hand and Kunlun and the Iron Fist, and I'm like "nooooo Danny you look crazy!" And then Sigourney Weaver gives the arrogant eyebrow, and sics her BATTLE INVESTOR NINJAS at Danny for being the Iron Fist and challenging their might.

That poo poo is amazing. That is a natural 1 on diplomacy, met by an equal natural 1 by your opponent. That was fantastic, I was laughing nonstop. Danny is a 13 year old in an adult's body, and somehow reality is conforming itself to his deepest desires: he really wants to fight some loving ninjas everywhere. He is a goddamn treasure.:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Finally finished Jessica Jones. Overall I liked it. Some solidly lovely characters in that series, but ultimately I was glad I watched it.

I'm still sad ill never get Luke Cage season 3.