Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deadpool posted:

Also as for the grittiness of Daredevil, if there's one character where that's not just a buzzword it's Daredevil. Grittiness is a core part of the character and it defines most of the classic stories. No superhero gets dumped on like Daredevil. His life is hell. And it's entertaining a as hell. And I say that as someone that normally doesn't care for dark and gritty comics. Daredevil is the exception.

My favorite Daredevil moment was during Inferno. Everything is going to poo poo and he's trapped in a Frank Miller drawn techno organic demon hell, and the only way he can cope is to wordlessly beat as much rear end as possible with a vacant expression.

Like, he's beating a possessed human to death with its own hook hand while it taunts him the entire time, and the only reaction he has is a "gently caress my life" PTSD stare. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Finally done binge-watching. Final costume looked kind of stupid. Otherwise, series loving owned.

Welp, that's my hot take. Thanks for listening, thread.

e: Oh and we better get goddamn Typhoid next season or I'll... uh... shake my fist impotently in rage :argh:

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 17, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobkatt013 posted:

Rather have hostess fruit pies

For becoming friends with Matt, that man would choke to death on his fruit pie shortly after and die alone.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Came in here without context, immediately thought "Wow that guys looks a lot like David Tennant."

First rule of David Tennant: It's always David Tennant.

Mu Zeta posted:

Tennant's Hannibal could probably speak understandable English

Terribly rude. :fork:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nelson posted:

I am not understanding these jokes

Oh well there's your problem.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Where is Typhoid where is she.

I came her for ridiculous metal shoulder pads and women screaming about what they're unexpectedly wearing what is this bullshit

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobkatt013 posted:

Matt did not kill a hooker

that we know of :tinfoil:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gyges posted:

When are we getting the title change to Daredevil Avocado at Law?

Elevate that poo poo to QCS if you have to.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

computer parts posted:

If you want a Superman that's both potentially corruptible and not omnipotent, may I suggest the hit film Man of Steel.

no don't

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
pull up thread PULL UP

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I don't care how stupid the back story is, I want loving Typhoid Mary in this series. One of my first memories of Daredevil was her screaming at herself about the Typhoid costume under her clothes and it was legit unnerving.

Plus Typhoid had the greatest crazy face and a costume that was basically Solid 1980s crafted into clothes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jedit posted:

Nobody likes Hulk when he's Ang Lee.

:thurman:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dead woman walkin'! We got a dead woman walkin' here!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Pledging Psi Psi Psi as a legacy.

*thunderous applaud and hoots*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Oh can it, Dude.

He just wants them to make it smaller. :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Red posted:

Look: We're trying to move past the 90s. It was bad, and full of ridiculously oversized guns and unnecessary clothing accessories, like fingerless gloves and pouches.

Pros: Sandman

Cons: Rob Liefield

Hmm.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Just finished the entire series. Smile! :haw:

That was really great but Jesus gently caress sweet Christmas Luke was uncomfortable in the first two episodes. Is this how women feel like when someone goes "beep boop I am your love interest let us make with the sex" on other shows? That must be terrible :ohdear:

In his second appearance after the show midpoint they had actual chemistry and interacted like human beings, the first few episodes were very wobbly and a little try-hard. Came together nice at the end!

Can't wait until Matt Smith's run on Season 2

Also: "I was ten years old!" "You're not Ten anymore." :laffo:

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 22, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh and I literally started swearing at the screen when Nuke killed the detective. His actor loving nailed that scene.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I really really really craved the death of the girl from the Amazing Incest Twins (because holy poo poo did they do everything but come out and say it) and I'm very sad she didn't get axed. You had one loving job, Kilgrave. :negative:

Anyway here's a fun idea for those of you who aren't finished yet: The Jessica Jones drinking game!

• Take a shot whenever there's an awkward sex scene
  • Take a shot whenever Jessica hisses "poo poo!"
  • Take a shot whenever Trish presses the intercom button
  • Take a shot every time Nuke does something really unbalanced
  • Take a shot whenever Jessica takes a shot
  • Take a shot whenever David Tennant

See you in the hospital! :haw:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BrianWilly posted:

What's hilarious is that Agent Carter -- which was supposed to be set decades before Agents of SHIELD -- would go on to showcase mind control as a major plot point a year later.

Nah, that was hypnosis. It's a scientific thing, completely different than just saying something and they do it. You'll probably see that if you think about it. You just need to focus. Concentrate. Listen to the sound of my posts. Buy me archives. It will help you figure out the difference between hypnotism and mind control, but I need you to focus.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jessica Jones could beat Charlotte, I bet she didn't have a nanny

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hollismason posted:

I thought the videos showed his parents experimenting on other children
IGH is obviously a cover company and I think I know which one.

A.I.M.

They have been brought up briefly before.

I was thinking AIM as well but that's more high tier stuff. The Defenders are normal people street level, especially Daredevil. AIM's already picked a fight with Iron Man.

I feel like there's an evil company/project we're missing that would be a good choice. Weapon X program, maybe? Who was it that gave Bushwhacker his arm?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BrianWilly posted:

They don't even show butts in these shows, they're not gonna show boobs.

Man did you just miss all of episode 1? Because drat. :yosbutt:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I really enjoy how the last 10 pages or so are filled with people stating their dumb opinions as fact then getting utterly indignant if anyone disagrees

Why I never! <:mad:> As someone who has read comic books for decades, I

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kraps posted:

Also Punisher is being a villain in DD? I saw that movie.

that explains the questions about therapy

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

VagueRant posted:

Surprised people are so hot on the bar fight.

This is a very specific fetish imo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

odiv posted:

How is that related? Do people think that dogs do it in the butt?

Wait... Do they?

*john lennon voice* why don't we do it... in the butt

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

zoux posted:

Do y'all think the Iliad is bullshit because Achilles didn't wear armor on his heel at all times?

Well now that you mention it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

tooterfish posted:

Iliad is a bit dry, mostly because the better part of it is spent name dropping everyone who's fighting the battle (I mean literally everyone, and their loving ancestry to boot). It does have some pretty graphic descriptions of people's guts spilling out though, so there's that.

Odyssey is generally a better story, in my opinion.

The Odyssey: Athena Basically Just loving with Ulysses the Entire Time

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mycot posted:

Yeah Athena is pretty much the only person in the entire epic to give Odysseus a break. That and his dog, for like two seconds.

Two things.

One, (I had thought) the reason the Odyssey started in the first place was that Odysseus and his men busted into a Trojan temple, found Cassandra clinging to the feet of an Athena statue, and then chucked her off of the walls. Athena ... did not appreciate that. Later on, the dude was just so clever she eventually relented.

Two, I also thought Poseidon wasn't really on board with the Ulysses hate until he blinded his cyclops son and then bragged about it.

Maybe both of these are wrong? v:shobon:v Also you can mess with somebody by doing good things out of seemingly nowhere after doing some bad things. "Messin' with Mortals" was pretty much the gods' M.O.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AtraMorS posted:

t's been a minute since I last read The Odyssey myself, but wikipedia says that one of the Ajaxes found Cassandra in Athena's temple during the sack of Troy, raped her, and took her captive, and yeah, that pissed Athena right off. Odysseus argued for his execution, but the Greeks refused to punish him, so Athena took it out on the whole drat fleet with Poseidon/Zeus' help. I'm guessing these were the storms that initially knocked Odysseus off course, so yeah I guess that's the "start" of Odysseus' voyage, but that's much more a case of Athena wanting to gently caress over lots of Greeks at once rather than anything personal against Odysseus (especially since he was in favor of punishing the sacrilege).

I was close, at least!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gyges posted:

Giant popped collars and tiny slippers or bust.

Bring back Typhoid Mary, I need my ridiculous metal shoulderpads and 80s hair.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

whatsabattle posted:

-I went in unspoiled as to Nuke being in this show, so imagine my delight when after so many episodes of MY GOD this Dollar Store Captain America, gently caress him, it was well OK the knockoff Cap stuff makes sense, down to his look.

This was the best part for me, too. When the military guy gave him the "Red to bring you up, blue to calm you down..." speech I started making :stonk: faces.

Then the scene with the detective, and they nailed it. You think he's unstable because of the pills and hey, maybe if he can just hold it together, he can still be a force for good! Then he goes from twitchy but helpful to shooting an innocent man in the head without missing a single beat and you finally realize, holy poo poo, this man is a monster.

That's exactly the vibe you should get from Nuke. There's people in the Marvel universe capable of greater atrocities but Nuke should always illicit an "oh gently caress" vibe.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I meant the collective we, as in humanity itself will be diminished

You don't have to watch it, you know.

Or post in the thread

Or at all, really

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gyges posted:

I'm just going to stream Daredevil on my phone while watching BvS opening day. Hope the people behind me thought to binge through at least 2 episodes more than I got to.

I'm going to record BvS on my phone and watch it and daredevil live as it comes off my phone on an oculus rift, one show per screen

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hakkesshu posted:

I think you're supposed to not wish death upon a person just because they're neurotic and annoying

It's me, I'm a terrible person. :negative:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I won't lie, part of me expected Jessica to like twist his head around so much it popped off and then jump up and down on it a few times just to make sure. Killing him was just such a massive moment and important thing the actual act of it almost felt muted. And any kind of fuckery that reversed it would really betray the character and story hugely. Kilgrave SHOULD be dead and he always had to be in order for Jessica to heal and become a hero.

I don't know, the "SMILE." right before it was pretty good. It's not like she can afford to make it slow and painful, he's basically the most powerful man on the planet as long as he can talk.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

PerniciousKnid posted:

If it was a comic book he'd obviously be alive eventually but they can afford to leave him alone in the TV show. They don't have that much time to fill.

I believe you mean they don't have that much time

:cool:

to kill.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kal-L posted:

I thought they were hinting at something at that with the "Gonna get me into Supermax!" episode, with how she teared apart Reuben's head and walked around with it so casually. She already did it once, she could've done it again to her most hated person in the world.

I loved that episode because it was a dumb and desperate plan that was horribly executed by an emotionally compromised Jessica---then it was wiped away in the last 10 minutes and was never spoken of again. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kheldarn posted:

It should be random each time you call, with one of them being Killgrave...

"Why is the Tenth Doctor on my cellphone?"

"Why wouldn't he be?"