Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

tsob posted:

Does Iron-Fish have much history or fluff to draw on outside of that stuff?

He has a deep ocean of stories to pick from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ChickenMedium posted:

That is definitely the most glaring flaw of the whole "shared universe" idea. If a hero is overwhelmed there are literally hundreds of heroes who could help him, but instead they have to face the bad guy and his army of henchmen and succeed against incredible odds alone just because.

Yeah, but their friends are all being overwhelmed by their own bad guys and henchman armies at the same time :v:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I really wish this show and Jessica Jones would go through the trouble of showing Avengers Tower in their constant wide skyline shots.

Aside from that small detail I really liked this season. Punisher was amazing and unlike a lot of people I really liked (whole season) Matt and Karen's romance. It felt realistically awkward in the way that two longtime friends and coworkers going on a date would be awkward. Your first impulse with a friend and coworker is to bitch about work so of course that's what they first tried talking about.

Which reminds me, whoever lit that Indian restaurant is an artist. That scene was gorgeous.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

thrakkorzog posted:

It is most likely a comics reference.
It is most likely a reference to Microchip, a member of The Punisher's supporting cast. He's a hacker who helps out The Punisher.

He actually got namedropped in Agents of SHIELD a while back as an associate of Skye/Daisy.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
So in hindsight, what was up with the timeline in this season? It started during a massive summer heat wave and ended around Christmas but it never felt like that much time was passing. Everything was quick quick quick. I never got the impression that Frank's trial lasted more than a week, and he escaped practically a day after arriving. The fight with the Hand over the last few episodes all seemed to take place over one or two nights

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Swillkitsch posted:

This scene really struck me as sloppy as hell, yeah. There wasn't anything immediately romantic about what she walked in on either, other than the fact that Elektra happens to be an attractive woman. Like if I went to my boyfriend's house and saw some muscular raisin of a senior citizen and a girl convalescing in his bed I'd think she got hit by a car, and is this guy her dad? But no, Karen, who otherwise spends every season poring over mysteries and yelling IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE decides that this right here, with this old fucker and some random Asian lady, is exactly what it looks like. It was some Arrow-level nonsense.

It wasn't that she thought he was sleeping with Elektra (though I'm sure the thought did cross her mind), it's more that it's yet one more thing that Matt is hiding from his girlfriend and his best friend while constantly flaking out on the Punisher trial that he dragged them into in the first place.

Also, people keep mentioning Ben Urich still being dead as a negative so I feel it's worth pointing out that the showrunners thought they only had the rights to him for a single season and never would have killed him off if they had known about the Sony/Marvel Spider-Man deal.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

zoux posted:

So y'all think she's gonna be cool with him being DD?

I think she'll call him out on some of his hypocrisy regarding vigilantes during that initial argument they had but it'll be tempered by her realizing just how much it explains. You could see all the pieces slotting into place for her at the very end there.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Gaz-L posted:

The truth? I suppose you could stretch to Ultron, but you really find Jeff Bridges Yells A Lot or Chris Eccleston Under A Ton Of Latex compelling as characters?

Grant Ward is a fantastic villain :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

savinhill posted:

Oh, alright, I remember that guy, he drove the van sometimes, and I think was in a wheelchair(unless I'm getting him mixed up with a different sidekick). That's great news, Punisher solo series-specific characters already getting set up!

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but Micro's actually been in the MCU for a while, Skye in Agents of SHIELD name-dropped him as an associate who's "kind of a crime-scene junkie".