Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Yeah. It's Bethesda Terrace and Fountain in Central Park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm on episode 5 of The Punisher and with all the DHS stuff, I have to wonder how regular federal agents feel about stuff like S.H.I.E.L.D. Also I just want one frazzled agent running around talking about cleaning up after a collapsed building full of dead ninjas even though it would break the tone of the show.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I don't like Garth Ennis writing so I'm glad they didn't try to adapt all his exploitative crap into the series.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Just finished the season. I liked it. Didn't like Oscar though. Took away screen time that could have went to Luke Cage. Luke+Jessica 4eva :colbert:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Claire can get with Oscar; they're both boring and normal.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Rosario Dawson is awesome. The character Claire on the other hand is boring.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
To get on Koala March's side, just because you guys don't see anything wrong with something, doesn't mean that it's okay. Representation of people of color in media is a big deal to people of color. Just being on screen isn't enough and making that known is a way to get better characters later on.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

JawKnee posted:

Are there?

Yes there are.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The third episode reminded me of how good an actor Rosario Dawson is; also lol at the Ripley in Aliens comment.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Danny has been improved and his chemistry with Lukes is great so I can accept a heroes for hire series. Mariah is cold blooded. gently caress the haters.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
No he's not although when he was in Sons of Anarchy his character was supposed to be half black. The last episode is named after a great song by the way.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Interesting direction they took at the end. Guess Luke becoming a player in the underworld is the logical/cynical conclusion of the hero for hire mindset. I was hoping Mariah would survive so there would be a Kingpin/Mariah team up for a second season of Defenders but a Kingpin/Nightshade team up could work just as well. I'm interested to see where they go now.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Danny Rand is stupid.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
On episode 2 and if it seems like they're introducing Typhoid Mary. They should have used her for Jessica Jones. Doing that would be also mean they lifted something else from Daredevil and gave it to Iron Fist.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Lol 616 cop code.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Eh. Joy's motivation is stupid and Danny is pretty much the same but the season is only 10 episodes long. It's not as bad as the Arrow shows.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
They should replace Iron Fist with a Daughters of the Dragon show and just have Danny be a secondary character.

I don't mind Finn, it's just the character of Danny is written to be too naive.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Whalley posted:

It doesn't require a second antagonist. "Mary" is already fond of and forgiving towards Danny/Iron Fist, "Walker" is self serving and on the hunt for her alter, and "Bloody Mary" is presumably a psychotic (potentially telekinetik/pyrokinetic if they go that route) killer. We've also already got a secondary plot in play; whatever is going on in Japan seems unconnected to her. I just don't want there to be a principal antagonist there; gimme some side story while Mary's the big bad.

Speaking of the ending - it's probably just that I've been playing too much Yakuza lately, but I'd loving love to see some gauche videogamey expensive shirts and Kabuchiko bars and just some real old-fashioned feed me my own garbage filth entertainment. I really feel like season 3 of Iron Fist, should it ever happen, has some serious loving potential that the first two seasons just never had.

e: in retrospect (ie, the tiniest amount of thought possible), I kinda feel like that main villain is most likely being built up for the next season of Daredevil.

For the next season of Daredevil they have Bullseye. Typhoid Mary would do well with Jessica Jones since she doesn't have many known enemies and she would work as a better foil to Jessica. That's just my opinion though.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 10, 2018

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I didn't know so many people liked the punisher.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I didn't like that they put Matt back in his black costume. Return to form my rear end. They were just scared of it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I like the suit and it's functional. It was lame when iron fist didn't have a suit and it's lame seeing that the show come up with reasons for Matt not to wear the Daredevil costume.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Russo had action movie hero scars. It was weak.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Davros1 posted:

I wish Russo had taken that shirt.

He did, he just turned it inside out.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
On episode 12 and I don't really like this season. I liked the first 2 seasons of Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones (yes I'm that one person that liked the second season of these shows) but this season wasn't to my liking. When dollar store Nathan Fillion showed up that's when I got a bad feeling.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I wasn't that big a fan of DDS3 which makes me the odd man out and this season of Jessica Jones was probably the worst one out of the three.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I just can't with this thread. Ridiculous!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Like I said in the other thread, they should have made Typhoid Mary the villain of this season.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Does anyone want to hear my ideas? No? Ok.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Sloth Life posted:

Can't be worse than mine so go hog wild.

Ok, here goes. If I had control of season 3 I would have made T. Mary Jessica's primary antagonist. I would have had mindwave fridged in the first episode by Foolkiller because I hated him and also so Jess could have motivation to spend a few episodes tracking him. She'd expose him but then Mary would kill him and gain all the glory. They could have Mary work with some obscure marvel lawyer villain as a sort of masked Mascot/mercenary and have that firm go against Hogarth's; maybe it's trying to become the superhero firm of New York or something? Trish could join as a properly masked Hellcat managed by here mom so she could still be at odds with Jess. Yada, yada, yada. It wouldn't be groundbreaking but I think it'd be a better way to explore some of the same ideas the season sort of touched on.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

As bad as this is, Defenders was absolutely worse.

Not really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The return to grounding things in the Netflix shows hurt it the most to me. Iron Fist also shouldn't have gotten his own series and should have been introduced in The Defenders. Basically Iron Fist was the worst...until Jessica Jones season three.