Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This thread is making me hyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So a general question, I don't suppose they managed to sneak in any kind of high profile cameo from some other MCU movie characters?

Just finished episode 4 and holy poo poo that car door scene :stare:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Man just finished episode 11 and I can't believe she shot Wesley to death, now I hate her :argh:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

1 x 11 I actually like Karen and Wesley so that stand off sucked , I don't get why people would not like Karen, I thought her character was good. Intelligent , etc..

I liked her up until she shot Wesley, it has taken the wind out of the sails. And Foggy seems to be getting on fine without her anyway

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mikeraskol posted:

1x11

She murdered him after he said they would kill everyone she has ever talked to, and then kill her. But sure, let's wound him or walk out with the gun pointed at him. I'm sure he'll head back to Fisk and tell him no worries, nothing happened, move along.

11 and by killing him, she has surely saved herself and her friends from being killed

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mikeraskol posted:

1x11

It's true, that was brutal. Fisk and Wesley would never do anything like that to people, thank god.

11 I don't think your good protagonists should be doing stuff the same way as the evil antagonists

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
11 does anyone have a count on the number of people we saw Wesley kill? :grin:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

1 attempted murder and 1 kidnapping with a threat of mass murder. Also like 10 or 12 murder assists, 4 arson assists, 3 or 4 extortions, 4 kidnapping assists with intent to white slave, and I think 1 bribery. With the stipulation that we saw those.

I am actually impressed with the detail in there.

11 so we saw Karen kill infinitely more people than Wesley :grin: :grin:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Foggy's ex is hot

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ChickenMedium posted:

I hope someday superhero show/movie writers will realize that finding out that your best friend has a secret life as a superpowered superhero is a completely awesome thing to happen and no one should get lovely about it.

That kind of happened with the Green Lantern movie

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:swoon:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

Yes, how lovely, look it's a man in a suit.

And he looks drat good

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That might just be Tennant's normal wardrobe, heres a photo from a few years back

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't stab him, he just ran into my sword!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

He killed a ninja, but ninjas aren't people.

This checks out

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There was a scene where Kingpin's men flat out said they had a video of her doing "some shady stuff in her college years" or whatever

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

That wasn't her, that was the forewoman of the jury for that case Wesley brought Nelson & Murdock, and Matt made the henchman destroy the tape.

zoux posted:

Are you sure you aren't thinking about what they said they had over the juror in episode 3?

Oops :negative:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

Also for the talk of where the other Avengers are during Captain America, I can't speak for Thor or Hulk or Iron Man but Hawkeye's absence is apparently explained in Age of Ultron. If the reports are true it's a pretty good reason too.

The hot topic on everyone's mind, "Where's Hawkeye?", finally explained

BrianWilly posted:

Tony: "Hey why didn't you call me during the Hydra takeover"
Steve: "...Because we're not actually friends?"

There.

I'm sorry your family died Little Timmy, but I just can't stand that Iron Man jerk :argh:

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 15, 2015

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

Well since he's the only one missing that actually was part of SHIELD yes it was something that people were wondering.

You're right, I just can't stand Jeremy Renner

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

What surgery?

To remove the shrapnel from his chest cavity, it was explained in a narration and quick surgery shot towards the end of Iron Man 3

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

They really do not say but its end of life stuff

I think there was a scene where she forgot who Ben was

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PaganGoatPants posted:

It'd be nice if they experimented with it on one show.

They did, with Better Call Saul!

And Agent Carter? Not sure about that one

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

My biggest gripe about his powers being too good is when he can tell there are two road flares in a box that is not nearby. Being able to tell that there are road flares I can see, because he can probably smell the magnesium, but how many?

He is not actually blind, it's just a line he uses to see women naked

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Sharmat posted:

All the stuff with Ben Urich made me wonder how they could do JJ for Spiderman believably, given that in this decade New Yorkers would post thousands of pictures of Spiderman on the internet every day, taken with cellphone cameras.

Yeah but Spiderman doesn't pose for them

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh I thought you were just talking about this part of the comic

epic

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am so hyped for this.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

"You let me be...inside you" might be the MOST wretched line of dialog ever conceived, ever written, ever put to page, ever spoken as part of a work of cinematic fiction

In the history of the moving picture never before and never will there ever be a line of dialog as loving terrible as "You let me be (pause for emphasis)....inside you"

This bit owned, I lold hard

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
WHAT DO YOU WANT????

IN....SIDE.....YOU. ...

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Season spoilers

It was good, but it was about 10 episodes too long. She spent most of the time trying to prove the innocence of 1 girl (who ultimately died anyway) and in doing so she let a fuckton of people die in the process. She should have just killed him to begin with.

Also it sucks that he died, Tennant carried that show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PunkBoy posted:

1x05

I loved the shot Kilgrave just staring at his phone waiting for a picture of Jessica to show up. It really sold how twisted his relationship/feelings about Jessica are. Really the whole entire one-sided phone conversation was absolutely chilling and done fantastically.

Overall, I'm loving it so far.

I'm a big fan of the bit where Kilgrave looks down at phone bemused, types in "bitches, right?" And then looks up again smiling