Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't blame him, Starz are the ones dragging their feet, he tried to get them onboard for well over a year.

his tweet today cracked me up. Showrunner with no time for dickheads

Steven DeKnight @stevendeknight · 18h
Watch and see. Or go ahead and gently caress off. Either way I'm good. RT @ArsenalPie: I hope Daredevil is more 'early Spartacus' as opposed to the disgrace we got in the later seasons.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Apr 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Been following him for ages. The love he gets and gives for Spartacus and it's cast is amazing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

jng2058 posted:

Almost Human was the only cop shop in history where the best part was the two cops bantering in the car on the way to cases. The actual cases themselves were the fairly pedestrian crimes-with-a-sci-fi-twist one would expect, but the chemistry between the two leads was fantastic. Not enough to save the show as it turned out, but still really good. (Also, it didn't help that Fox once again hosed with the broadcast order because Fox.)

He also said if Almost Human was cancelled he was done with TV. Too much work for months on end to have it pulled out from underneath you like that

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
As if it was going to be poo poo guys... anyone who doubted it should be flogged.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Error 404 posted:

Yeah, it's not really definable. While there were definitely episodes and moments that wowed me, it was never actually "good" more like it was fun and entertaining as gently caress to the point its flaws didn't matter.

Jupiter's Cock.

You and me, outside, now!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Since Netflix's model is all about adding new subs and retention, have you or anyone you know subbed to Netflix because of DD?

I did today, because i wanted to try Getflix but more as an experiment. Which is a bargain for $5.

I'd rather download it in 1080P and watch it on Kodi. Our internet is not conducive to streaming HDizzle.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think it needs to be spoilered, i'm 5 mins in and i'm 500% onboard. This is what arrow wishes it was.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This version of Matt Murdock is loving LEGIT!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadpool posted:

As much as I love both Arrow and Flash and think they're great it is glaringly obvious going from them or even SHIELD to something like this that there's a pretty big disparity in not only talent but production.

So far this feels like an actual top quality show.

This is a top quality!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gawain The Blind posted:

WE ARE FILLED WITH MIGHTY EEL STRENGTH

1x02
GONNA BUY A BLUEFIN MURDOCK!

Thread title ^^^

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
1x03 WHO THE gently caress IS THIS GUY?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
DeKnight for Punisher!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
1x07
Wicked intro

edit: Oh poo poo it's STICK!!

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Apr 10, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
No spoilers man, just watch it and enjoy

1x08

Wilson having his OCD breakfast disturbed was hilarious.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soonmot posted:

Episode 1x09: THE GODDAMN HAND!!!!

RIGHT?!!! :circlefap:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
1x10
Maverick & Goose! "Smoking hot Greek girl" Elektra, i have no doubt.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 10, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh crap there are 13 episodes?

I thought it was 10

1x11 here we go.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Good point. I guess the question then becomes is it beneficial for Marvel to make more, but I'd hope the series being met with HOLY poo poo THIS loving RULES pretty much everywhere and therefore bringing comics closer to mainstream pop culture makes it more worth their while. I mean I like the whole superteam idea but Daredevil is by far the most interesting of the characters to me, so I hope for more DD.

1x02

The DIY medical stuff is BRUTAL but fits with the tone of the show. Still makes me :gonk: though. Also is Deborah Ann Woll a natural blonde? I thought she looked so much better as a redhead. I know the source character is blonde though, so :shobon:.

Shes a natural blonde apparently

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

All i'm thinking is, if the fight choreography stays at the same level: Think how loving crazy Iron Fist is going to be.

Fight choreography generally only ever gets better.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
1x13 Wow... i loved his suit. i don't give a gently caress what the BSS gronks say & the few callbacks to the painting hells yeah, wilsons in prison but he got his happy wall.

Crushed the whole thing, so much wow. When's season 2 start?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soonmot posted:

Just finished and was blown away. The characters, the acting, those fights!!

Amazing job, and thete was so much stuff seeded for comic nerds.

All episodes spoilers: Owlsley has a son who can the Owl. Melvin had plans for his Gladiator buzzsaws drawn up. Davos the Steel Serpent. The Hand. Electra. Whatever the gently caress was going on with Stick and the mystery man. Probably more that I forgot or missed.

The Greek girlfriend had my squeeing like a little girl. Gladiator saws too, the loving Hand ninja fight was pretty drat cool

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gotta say being able to watch this even before most Goons was a rare treat for me. I finished watching it 8 hours ago, i'm sold on this global distribution thingamajig

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BSam posted:

I agree, thanks for coming to Australia Netflix.

I'm still using US Netflix thanks to getflix, try it dude.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hollismason posted:

Oh my god it's 13 episodes, I thought it was 10 , I am just on Episode 9 now.

I am so happy.

Rocksicles posted:

Oh crap there are 13 episodes?

I thought it was 10

1x11 here we go.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey guys, here's a view that is on my other forum.

"Well, I watched the first ep and found it pretty...meh. Just seemed like a run of mill crime procedural with the typical mix of characters and plots you expect.
Inner angsty Daredevil had remarkabley nice Hollywood looking eyes for a pair of optics that I presumed suffered chemical burns. His partner ticked all the requisite boxes for that generic sidekick who comes out with the quirky one liners to lighten the Se7enesque atmosphere. Jessica doesn't seemed to miss Bill Compton all that much
All up, I can't see any reason to watch much more if the tone and plot stays the same.
Unless you're a superhero fan, I can't see it getting a wide audience beyond comic book/graphic novel fandom.
I'll watch episode 2 before old Daredevil goes into the Recycle bin on the laptop."

:derp:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Charlie Cox stunt double must be his clone. They have the exact same build.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chris Brewster was Charlie Cox stunt double, he was also Chris Evans stunt double in Winter Soldier. He's done a bunch of Marvel stuff.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bunnita posted:

And totally off topic, Rocksicles I have the Flash Gordon song in my head every time I see 'Flash', I love the avatar.

Me and my brother started singing it one day when it started hahaha

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

NotALizardman posted:

Just finished and GODDAMN what an incredible show. I didn't plan on watching it all today, but it just sort of happened.

I didn't realize that Claire was supposed to be Night Nurse until someone pointed it out to me.

I'm not super knowledgeable about this stuff, but I'll try my best. The japanese dude was a member of the Hand, a clan of evil ninjas that are ruled by a demon. The boy was probably supposed to be a host for said demon. Why were they bringing him to New York? Who knows! It also looked like Stick was working for a member of the Hand (Gorgon????).

As for the Chinese lady, I don't know much about Iron Fist, but I guess the logo she used on her heroin was a reference to one of Iron Fist's bad guys. Her home, I'd guess, is K'un-Lun, the place where Danny Rand trained to become Iron Fist.

Makes sense, K'un-Lun being in a another dimension, and the old dear saying not China"Quite a bit further than that"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Need a gif of the hallway fight Microwave hitting that guy in the head that got a swift rewind, very funny

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dan Didio posted:

1x08

WHAT THE gently caress!? Daredevil is BLIND!?

Did anyone else get this??

Such a dickhole

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hi praise to DeKnight for single handedly making "Dickhead" more popular.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Literally The Worst posted:

What was the first clue, the part where an alien invasion has hosed up massive chunks of the city or the part where a guy with superpowers is running around punching dudes?

:smuggo:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robutt posted:

And I believe Luke will be on Jessica's show first but its hard to say in what capacity - probably recurring?

If you look at the IMDB for the actor, you might get an answer.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Burton is the Henchman of the Year, every year.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a level 10 ninja weapon though. Anyone who can do that and make it look easy, is some sort of motherfucker.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It's how Sherlock is better than Sopranos :ughh:

Tony Soprano didn't have Cumberbitches

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
As long as she stays interesting and keeps knocking her scenes out of the park, she could drive a forklift. I don't care.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phylodox posted:

I get the feeling that it's not about convenience for a lot of those people, but some sort of misplaced "stickin' it to the man" attitude.

Also Netflix isn't free, nor has everyone the internet for streaming.

Personally i viewed it both ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Musluk posted:

Wonder if this is because of pricing for Brazil and uni students in UK/US.

Those are only tracked torrents too, private trackers and Usenet aren't counted.