Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Goddamn, I stopped to make some chips and now I've fallen behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

2x08

I saw the hot tea joke coming, but I appreciated it all the same.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Alright I'm done. that was amazing.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Or did I just imagine Season 2 Spoiler the image of Punisher using a mini gun

he picked it up in the final episode, i don't think we saw him use it but he's holding it in the final moments as he walks off somewhere, i think, i'm kinda sleep deprived right now.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

socialsecurity posted:

Dam dolts disagreeing with your objectively correct opinion about a television show.

This, but not sarcastic.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

ApathyGifted posted:

So when runaways comes out should we take Netflix out of the title?

I vote for "Streaming pile of Marvel" as the new title if we do.

Would that mean also merging in the PSNetwork Marvel Streaming Thread?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

God I'm so loving pumped for Luke Cage.

I hope he says "you let me inside you" again!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

What if it's bad :ohdear:

It won't be, Marvel haven't done anything bad. They're not going to start now!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

computer parts posted:

Ninjas on TV aside.

If anything, there should be more ninjas on tv

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Yay someone didn't like a good show as much as they should have.

I don't give a poo poo. I'm just waiting for the next good show, it's less than 8 hours away (i hope) so gently caress it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I forget, does Netflix usually put it up at midnight?

That's what I've heard. 5pm for me. If I didn't have to work tomorrow morning I'd probably watch it all tonight.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

:f5:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Episode 1 done. it's good, but there hasn't been a moment that really grabbed my, like the end of JJ ep1. I mean the fight at the end of this episode was great, but saw it in the trailer.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm really digging the tone of the whole thing so far, only on episode 2 though

Yeah, same.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Episode 3 gently caress yeah, time for luke cages take on the hallway fight!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

103: WELP, didn't see that coming

103 oh poo poo

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

103: WELP, didn't see that coming

103 ok now i'm done with the episode, were you talking about the awesome hallway scene, the crooked cop reveal, or the loving rocket.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

I was way too convinced he was about to die to see it coming, though the loving rocket is probably objectively more ridiculous

as i went through the episode, just more and more options to what it could apply to kept appearing

ep4 this is loving awesome, hey arrow, this is how you do a flashback

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I have work early tomorrow so I'm gonna have to stop at 4, this is pretty awesome tho, gonna continue as soon as I can.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Wanderer posted:

What gets me about that is they really should be talking about sending him to that super-prison from the third Captain America movie. They're not going to put the guy who can punch through concrete in a plain old prison; it's going to be even worse.

Or maybe the SUPERMAX from Jessica jones.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I know that but it still wasn't exactly gripping to watch. You've got a show all about someone's super strength but I still feel like AOS' first season had more interesting [TO WATCH] super strength fights.

Well that's not really a fair comparison, the first season of AoS was pretty much perfect tv.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

A sad note. Which episode has Sharon Jones appear in the club? I kinda want to rewatch that bit.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Gervasius posted:

Final one, during club re-opening.

Cheers, but dang, it's after diamondback. i'll try to watch it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

that second d looks like the first d, so it's probably the two seasons of daredevl

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

David Wenham as the evil CEO type guy, gently caress yeah bring this on!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Samizdata posted:

Or a missile launcher that launches a missile full of rocket launchers that fires....

SHOTGUN AXES!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

notthegoatseguy posted:

Agents of SHIELD already did it.

Yes, but it's the same universe :colbert:

Bring on the crossovers. All of them!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Hey guys, I'm looking forward to this show!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

End of episode 2

gently caress YEAH!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Arist posted:

Lol I just got to the part where (episode 3) Danny mansplains martial arts to Colleen, gently caress this show

I saw it more as the swordfight scene from princess bride, and enjoyed it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

episode 4 that 'danny goes to a business meeting and doesn't want to sell medication for profit' thing was poo poo. i mean i agree with him, but it was a really dumb move

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

episode 4 triads with axes getting beat up in a lift. loving amazing

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

episode 7 "let's go get a bundle of arrows" and earlier claire "you can't do this alone" damnit, just get luke and jess and daredevil and everyone. but i'm gonna have to wait til the defenders aren't i

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Mr. Funktastic posted:

So is Iron Fist good and worth watching or nah

I'm gonna say yes, but it's a slower burn.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Arist posted:

End of episode 7: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

end of episode 7 poo poo, let's hope this recovers better than luke cage did after the death of the better villain at the end of episode 7. is this the formula now?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Barry Convex posted:

Just finished the first episode, and man, I can already tell that so many of the show's problems stem from the completely asinine decision to play down the supernatural elements in order to keep it more in line with the other Netflix shows tonally.

I don't even know what this is.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

opening of ep 9 fuuuuuuuck.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

For a show that's supposed to be just "okay" you guys sure are crushing through it!

I guess it's better than just okay then.

shrug.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

So are incredibly low viewer standards the savior of a mediocre-at-best tv show once again?

You say that like it's happened before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

That was good. Not better than the first half of Luke Cage, but better than Luke Cage as a whole.