Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

James Woods Fan posted:

Supposedly a shot of the red costume http://imgur.com/21hlztb

That looks terrible, but I dug the 2003 suit with the collar, so what do I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Finished watching over the weekend, went through a few different articles explaining all the easter eggs, but I still have a few unanswered questions:

- Why was Mrs. Urich hospitalized? I'm sure they must have said, but I never caught it.

- What is the booze they keep drinking? It's all they drink.

- What is Matt's cane budget? There are discarded canes with his DNA all over the city.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
So they're really pushing that whole Greek thing, huh?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"Sweet Krampusnacht" really should have tipped them off that he was a Skrull.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Just finished watching Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23.

Not sure if my level of excitement for Chloe with super strength vs. mind-control Doctor Who can be met, but I hope so.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Was it ever outright stated that the same stuff that blinds and empowers Matt empowers Jessica? I remember it being heavily implied in Alias, but I haven't read anything with her after that New Avengers annual.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Deakul posted:

Also makes more sense in the context of the Netflix Marvel Universe, Iron Fist is likely too fantastical for it.

I've seen this brought up a few times and I just don't get it.

Iron Man and Daredevil are both about singular men going out and doing something about the problems in their respective worlds. Hulk and Jessica Jones (presumably) both push that established world a little further into the sci-fi realm, with a giant, green rage-monster in one, and a creepy, purple thought-monster in the other. An educated guess about Luke Cage in comparison to Captain America, both have "the system" empowering a single person and the ramifications thereof. So, that makes Iron Fist the equal of Thor, and if the Tesseract, with so much Asgardian mythology behind it, ultimately lead to The Avengers, who's to say that some of the magic of Kun-Lun hasn't already permeated the MCU at large. Because it totally has.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
101 - Hope literally had purple baggage before killing her parents.

102 - Luke Cage casually taking a bottle to the neck. Sweet Christmas.

104 - "I want a divorce." No poo poo. This whole gifted plotline's kind of a misfire.

105 - "You like Chinese food." Not, "You like Chinese food, don't you?" or "Do you like Chinese food?" No. You do.

106 - Angela Del Toro. White Tiger?

107 - I think that homeless guy at the start is Bendis, ...?

112 - Hand in the blender! Shears!!!

Overall, I came out of this feeling about the same as I did after reading Alias and The Pulse. Jessica's a great character that fills a really nice little niche in the Marvel universe, but I'm more interested in seeing her interact with other characters moving forward than I am in seeing another season, or reading another title, that focuses on her.

Jessica Jones: gently caress Doors, gently caress Brits, gently caress Needles.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Snak posted:

edit: Now I am imagining a sub-plot where arranging delivery and pickup of his cafe-press gear is a an issue because law enforcement is trying to catch him.

"Sir. Sir. I don't care how long you've been on the line with customer service. I've already told you. We cannot deliver to a van. You need to provide an actual street address. A PO Box. Anything but 'nondescript white van'."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Netflix presents: Marvel's Moon Knight: Episodes 1-3*

*Plus 17 minutes of footage from a 4th episode, but Moon Knight is really hard to write, y'all.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I love when Matt slaps the table. It (almost) covers up him calling out Fisk on his bullshit about the city being "out of his hands" for the time being, and it gives Matt a clearer view of the room and his surroundings before he brings up Vanessa. Everything about it screams Daredevil.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The recent media manipulating Jester would go well with Kingpin and Bullseye and secret identity drama.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Cast twins. Only give one of them the crazy Marvel superhero workout physique.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
He knows you like him.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Luke Cage was fun, but enough playing around. Gimme a drat Moon Knight show. No wishy washy "Should I even be a hero?!" nonsense. PTSD. Mercenaries. Werewolves. Fist of Khonshu.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Carlosologist posted:

Counterpoint: Claire :colbert:

Counter-counterpoint: "Remember who you are."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Astribulus posted:

On the other, he got distracted and never got around to actually doing anything about it beyond destroying a warehouse in China.

Probably not a good thing I conflated that with Silicon Valley, huh?

That was loving rad. Stan Lee's presence seems rather... final... for something so inconsequential, but it was cut together pretty well and it had a nice reveal.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Danny's suit should have been presented as his ceremonial Iron Fist dress and mirrored Luke Cage and Jessica Jones rejecting their traditional comic looks.

The only person to lean into dressing up should be the poor blind guy.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

As Nero Danced posted:

Why do I get the feeling she's going to punch Danny's glow fist and it'll turn out her fist is made of vibranium (cause why the hell not) and he'll have no effect on her.

If their meet (again?) cute ends with Danny getting blown back by Misty's steadfast piston arm, all of this other garbage might be worth it.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Moon Knight would be tough to make work on his own, but add Blade, Morbius, Hellstrom, Jack Russell, and all those other street-level horror dudes and you have a great POV character for a Midnight Sons show.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

TheHan posted:

I feel like Danny keeps mentioning that dragon fight to trick people into watching Iron Fist, does he actually fight a dragon? Seeing the FX in all the better Netflix Marvel shows it couldn't have looked any better than absolute dogshit.

HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Why would they put a dragon in a kung fu show where the protagonist's origin hinges on him fighting a dragon?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I was really digging Davos' plan until I realized it just makes him The Shredder with less interesting heroes to fight.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Combat Pretzel posted:

Nearing the end of S3 of Daredevil. Kinda hilarious that they want to take down Fisk by the book, but shooting henchmen is OK.

That's par for the course, but it does seem heightened in the Netflix MCU. If you're not standing over a pile of henchman, screaming into the night about bringing their employer to justice, can you even really call yourself a hero?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It's kind of depressing that, for all of its faults, Affleck's Daredevil did a better job dealing with Matt's love life than three seasons of a show. He stumbles into his apartment, listens to a Dear John message on his answering machine, and pops a bunch of oxy as he showers. Then his new girlfriend gets killed by some rear end in a top hat who doesn't even have a costume.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Based on numbers I generated with a secret internal number generator using a baseline I acquired from my brain, Iron Fist s2 deserved better. It wins my "Most Improved MCU Participant" award.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Would you rather watch Defenders again or the clip from Steel where an armored Shaq awkwardly rides an escalator looped for an equivalent amount of time?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"You remember when everyone died for five years and Kingpin fixed everything from prison and was exonerated of all charges? Then everyone came back and everything sucked worse than before? Sure glad Coulson's not around to see this..."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Torquemada posted:

Is that the stupidest villain name ever, I wonder. It’s dumber than the Dog Stapler or whatever the hell he’s called.

Knowledge can be a burden.

JJs3 looks... better than last season? Could've done a cool three season arc with Kilgrave, her and Luke dealing with an unexpected pregnancy, and building a little Heroes for Hire business but whatever.