Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

tsob posted:

Get Steven Chow to write and direct one please and thanks.

Edit: Is the Sam Alexander Nova stuff any good then? I loved a lot of the Cosmic Marvel stuff but haven't read many new comics in 6 or 7 years at this point so I'm kind of out of the loop. I know the Sam character was created by Jeph Loeb though so I kind of avoided any mention of it purely on principle.

Since I just powered through the last few episodes of this show to jump back in the thread I'll take this one. Yes, Sam Alexander is awesome. His series is great. Loeb only wrote the first six issues but they too are great. Marvel has a lot of really good younger heroes right now but I think Nova is the best of the lot. Though the description above is a bit off as his dad isn't dead just missing and he doesn't really have an connection to the Nova Corps because they don't exist anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gilok posted:

Personally I hope they get whoever is the best actor regardless of race :shrug:

Correct answer.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WickedHate posted:

You wouldn't say that about Luke Cage.

No I wouldn't because I'm not stupid.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh God everyone shut up about Iron Fist's potential casting.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Have they talked season 2 at all? It feels like this was made to be a one and done thing but since nearly everyone is saying 'holy poo poo this is great' I could see them doing a second. Maybe get Elektra in the mix and redeem THAT terrible movie for a full circle?

Deadpool posted:

The deal on season two is this, the entire Marvel/Netflix deal was already budgeted for five shows at $200 million. There would be time to do another season of Daredevil before the Defenders team up if they wanted, but it would have to be a separate deal that would have to be funded separately. They also would have to worry about oversaturation of the Marvel brand on Netflix and whether a potential season two would mess up whatever they have planned story wise for the other shows. So yeah they could do it if they work out the money for it, but we probably won't know that for a bit.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They've already said that when we meet Luke Cage he will already have his powers.

Also for the talk of where the other Avengers are during Captain America, I can't speak for Thor or Hulk or Iron Man but Hawkeye's absence is apparently explained in Age of Ultron. If the reports are true it's a pretty good reason too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Valeyard posted:

The hot topic on everyone's mind, "Where's Hawkeye?", finally explained

Well since he's the only one missing that actually was part of SHIELD yes it was something that people were wondering.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

dj_clawson posted:

No, I think the end of the Central Park scene showed that Tony and Bruce were dating, right?

I'd say they're a bit past that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Has anyone seen a bad review of this show?

I would be surprised if there weren't some. I mean it's a heavy, violent show and I'm sure not everyone's down with that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thank you. Out of all 13 episodes this was the thing I wanted most as a GIF.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just because they don't take the time to show you Matt going back to get his canes doesn't mean that he just leaves them behind and has a closet full at home. Most of the times he disposes of them it's near places where he probably goes all the time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Soonmot posted:

Can someone take the clip of the hallway fight and put that terrible evanessence song from the movie on top of it?

No. Do not do this. Or at least don't post it on this forum.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I almost want to take the effort to watch the entire show with that narration on. Though I think I'd tire of it after maybe a couple episodes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I thought the intro titles were red wax, like the candles in a Catholic church, not blood. Fits more with the theme of the show. Plus it didn't look like blood at all.

Also I think the suit looks great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kheldarn posted:

Why isn't the thread title Avacados At Law?

Because that line is good enough that I don't want to ruin it for someone that hasn't gotten there yet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skeezy posted:

I kinda wanted a flashback of when Fisk met Wesley.

Also it's been mentioned probably but the dude playing Wesley kinda looks like James Spader.

I thought he looked like Victor Garber minus 25 years.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Steven DeKnight mentioned that Marvel requested to have Ben killed in the show before the part was even cast. They cast Vondie knowing ahead of time he was going to die and they could get him for one season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkmgPlK0ABQ

Steven DeKnight posted:

I thought it was a very powerful decision. It was a Marvel idea. When I came in and took over the show from Drew, they pitched me the broad strokes of the season. And towards the end of the season it was always written in code: ‘Wilson Fisk sends Ben Urich on vacation.’ I had the same reaction; I go, ‘Wow, killing Ben Urich, such a mainstay of the Marvel Universe.’ And they told me, ‘Yeah, Marvel asked to kill Ben Urich because they wanted to set up the feel that, despite everything you know about the comics that in this world, it’s very much everything goes.'

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As much as I like Daredevil I think Jessica Jones has the best source material available of any of the Netlfix shows (especially when adapting to a TV series) and for that reason it's the one I'm most excited and most worried about. I just want it to be a good representation of a great book. Obviously many things will need to be changed but as long as it keeps the spirit of the series that's all that matters.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

AnonSpore posted:

I really really liked Leland Owlsley. He was so sick of everyone's poo poo in every scene, it was amazing. Stick was awesome for similar reasons.

You hire Bob Gunton you know what you're getting, and it's going to be good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if they have plans for Karen besides that. The fact that it looked like they were about to fridge Vanessa, only to juke into Wesley getting gunned down by Karen, tells me they see a little more potential in the female characters than most comic book writers.

The guy that did that wasn't even a comic book writer!

Well the second part, not the first part.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Sharmat posted:

So Iron Fist is actually a relatively average white guy that gets accidentally caught up in some kind of crazy mystical Kung Fu war? Is Ironfist going to be Big Trouble in Little China: The Television Series?

Because I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

I guess I'll put this in spoiler tags because some people might not want to know, but here's the basics. Danny Rand is not average. His dad discovered K'un L'un, the mystical city, as a child and became the adopted child of the ruler. Later he left the city and went back to society and started up a business and became rich. He tried to go back to the city with his child and wife but certain events happen that basically leave his son alone and like his father was he is taken to the city and trains as well. He eventually becomes the Iron Fist and eventually returns like his father did. That's the quick origin rundown.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Sharmat posted:

If it's played completely straight all the time it'll probably seem stupid but surely they won't do that 24/7.

Danny can be serious when the time calls for it, but he's a fun character most of the time and does joke around quite a bit. Especially when around Luke Cage.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've already said this thread is NOT going to turn into a giant debate on race in regards to Iron Fist and it's casting or any of that mess. If you want to talk about the show, the actors, and the plots that's fine but if you want to discuss other matters in regards to that can of worms it's not going to be in this thread or whatever version of it exists when Iron Fist starts going.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Except Ghost Rider!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Sharmat posted:

I liked Foggy but I think that one episode that is like 50% Foggy complaining to Matt about his hurt feelings is a bit much. I'm probably just weird though.

I personally believe that's the best episode of the season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Time passes in between episodes of this show too. For example after the fight with Nobu we see Fisk commenting on Daredevil has been pretty much missing in action for a while. There's a couple of other subtler mentions in other episodes as well about things that happen between the episodes. So the events in them aren't just running back to back over a course of a week or two.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

They could always retcon Bullseye in as the sniper Fisk hires to shoot all those cops.

That's not much of a retcon since it's pretty clear from the scene it is him. They showed the bag with the playing card on it for a reason.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think it was in that IGN interview where they asked specifically about the Elektra and Bullseye call outs and DeKnight and he just had a big smile on his face and said "I can say nothing" when they mentioned the card. It was Bullseye.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ruby idiot railed posted:

"Works at" might be too strong a characterization for the relationship /sites/X/ have to Forbes.

Yeah, that guy doesn't really work at Forbes, he's a contributing blogger which isn't the same thing. The one that called it the best thing in the MCU was as well. Anytime you see /sites/ in the URL it's a contributing blogger and not really a Forbes employee.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As I said in another thread Phillippe is fine for the role, but I was secretly hoping for Dan Stevens.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Daredevil movie actually does a lot of things right. It's a great example of the fact that doing a lot of things right doesn't automatically make for a good movie though. Because it's not a good movie.

Also, I want to see an extended 30 minutes of this please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh0nIWg7EvI

X-O fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 30, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Do not talk about Man of Steel in this thread. What is wrong with you guys? That should not need to be said.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This isn't the comics thread. It's certainly not the 30 year old comics that nobody liked thread either.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Omnomnomnivore posted:

What's the best non-Miller stuff I should get my hands on? I hear the last decade or so had some pretty good runs.

Bendis then into Brubaker. It's all back to back and I think it's better than the Miller stuff by a large margin.

Phylodox posted:

I've been enjoying the current Mark Waid stuff, but it's very, very tonally different from the show. It's brighter and kind of campy, but in a really charming way.

Well, it was...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Phylodox posted:

Did it end, stop being bright, stop being campy, or stop being charming?

Bright and campy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

dj_clawson posted:

I know this isn't the comics thread but they really dug themselves into a hole with that whole "everyone knows Matt Murdock is Daredevil" thing didn't they?

Not really, in fact it's made the books much more enjoyable I think.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Azhais posted:

So by "highest rated" they just mean "number of stars people have assigned to it" not "most watched" as "ratings" usually means in the context of TV.

All that article is saying is that the netflix users voted it gold

Yes. And I don't think anyone really takes star ratings seriously. They're kind of like IMDB ratings in that way.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Sorry, are you implying Interstellar is not the 26th greatest film of all time?

Add another digit to that number and we can talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's about as bad as the first one actually. Just more stylishly bad.