Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

muscles like this? posted:

It was a thing in Winter Solider where supposedly the truck that wiped out some of the cops chasing Fury was being driven by the Punisher but who knows.

I watched this last night and the scene kind of stuck out my mind and I didn't understand why, so if the reconed it that way it would work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Just finished

Oh my god. I don't read comic books so I'm sure I missed a TON of references but someone earlier mentioned, that goo is what got the turtles right? The shot of it flowing out of the can seemed a bit obvious. That and the 'access tunnels' screamed TMNT to me.

I have some 'these references probably related to comic book stuff questions, from the whole series. Where is the Chinese lady from? Someone earlier said the boy held a demon? I found it odd that neither of those two things were explained at all, but I guess we need stuff set up for the other shows. I'm sure there are a ton more that I missed. Do we have a list yet?

I loved the format, I loved the cinematography. I loved that they had 13 hours to tell a story instead of 2.5 or over 22 episodes in a nine month period. I really hope Netflix sees a huge jump in subscriptions due to this and that encourages more companies to make these kinds of stories. I found myself wanting more when it was done and kind of wishing they did this with the bigger names, I'd love to see a 13 hour Avengers show. It won't ever happen because no matter how successful this is it won't cover RDJ's salary let alone everything else, I just love the time they get to tell a whole story.

Costume talk, whole series omg that costume was amazing, and the fact that they laid it out over the whole series, it made sense, it didn't come out of nowhere. Was the guy who made it from the comics too?

And totally off topic, Rocksicles I have the Flash Gordon song in my head every time I see 'Flash', I love the avatar.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

thrakkorzog posted:

I was sort of kidding about the TMNT connection earlier. The TMNT are a separate comic book company, that was heavily inspired by Daredevil. Including things like Daredevil was trained by a guy named Stick, but the Ninja Turtles were trained by a guy named Splinter. And Daredevil fights a bunch of ninjas called the Hand, and the Ninja Turtles fight the Foot Clan.

I could have sworn I had heard that somewhere else too but maybe it was here as another joke. 1 x 01 they did make a point of showing it flowing out, it was just where my mind went I guess

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So the "Purple" in "Purple Man" seems to refer mostly to his fashion sense.

But I liiiike it.

He looks so wonderfully evil, I can't wait for the fangirls to freak out.