Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
The new content has made me keep my subscription even though I've seen most of the shows on the service previously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Narcissus1916 posted:

Agent Carter is light and breezy and really drat fun. Don't dismiss it just because Agents of SHIELD may have sucked the air out of your enthusiasm.

In a word, it's Jarvelous

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
All episodes It really seems like the third season of Daredevil will have the arc where Danny puts on Matt's costume in his absence. Also I guess that scene in the trailer with Punisher was just a tag for his show because he doesn't show up at all here.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
That plot could work for Season 3 in broad strokes. Have Danny put on the costume while Matt is in recovery, Karen tries to figure out who it is but inadvertently tips off Kingpin that the Devil is Matt. I definitely expect more crossover between the shows going forward. I'd be really surprised if between Luke Cage and Iron Fist we got some variation on Heroes For Hire and/or Daughters of the Dragon.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I don't think JJS2 was as good as S1 but it's my second favorite Netflix Marvel show behind Daredevil. I think people expect the seasons to be bingable but Netflix seems to be moving away from that model with half season releases. I think that the season structures are designed for TV first and foremost - they probably make a killing with international licensing deals on these.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I feel like the main shows can handle all those arcs without making a ton of spinoffs or event miniseries. They already have syndication deals in place and it's easier to bring on a character from another show for half a season than to start a new show every time they want to tell a different story. It worked really well with Luke in JJ S1 and Punisher in DD S2, if this season of Luke Cage ends up including their take on Heroes For Hire and next season of Iron Fist does Daughter's of the Dragon that would work out pretty nicely.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I see it as Iron Man dealing with some flashy threats and stuff the military can't handle directly but he's basically a privatized drone program. The military and wars didn't just disappear.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I mean Daredevil Season 2 came out in 2016, 3 in 2018, so 2020 is right on track for a potential Season 4/revival. There was an even longer gap between Season 1 and 2 of Jessica Jones - November 2015 and March 2018 respectively. Really the closest releases were Iron Fist Seasons 1 and 2 and I think we all agree the character could use a bit of a break.

Give me a Marvel's Heroes For Hire and Marvel's Daredevil: Man Without Fear in 2020 and reintroduce Jessica to the Heroes for Hire show in the second season and it would work out pretty well. Assuming Disney is willing to pay to put all of that talent into two ensemble shows.

Emerson Cod fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 13, 2018

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Early cancellation for Jessica Jones might be a good sign if it kicks off the two year timer before Marvel can start using the characters again. Marvel might have pushed Netflix to make a decision asap so they can get cast and crew locked in for future development. Two years is a bit much for lead time but if the contract stipulates two years before they can air something with those characters that's a good amount of time for filming and development. I don't expect any further news until the Fox merger has gone through, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
At this point it really feels like Netflix is holding JJ season 3 back out of spite. I wonder if that 18 month timer starts after the last episode that is released.