Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Squiggle posted:

Pretty much the only problem is the cheeks. Gotta have that downward slant.

that tiny change makes it 100x better jesus christ.

i'm taking a half day tomorrow to watch a TV show. don't even care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

^^ :doom:

I'd think that as long as the production teams working on DD, Defenders, Cage, AKA and Iron Fist don't have a lot of overlap we could conceivably get another season in a "normal" timeframe.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Confirmation that the hallway scene was in fact, one cut. I did really feel like there were moments where trickery was in play and I'd have wagered that it wasn't actually one shot. But I guess it was.

Philip J Silvera, stunt coordinator posted:

I was just about to ask you about that one-shot scene.

I think this was what started defining the show for me, and the weight that was being played into it. Phil Abraham was directing, and it was always scripted that this scene was going to be a one-shot. For me in my head, with the time, we had, I said let’s do wipes and we’ll be able save things. But Phil challenged us to do a pure one-shot, which really just brought a grounded real feeling to the whole thing. We were able to slow down the fight, and just have this raw, animalistic feeling happening.

So it was genuinely one shot? No cuts?

No cuts. We did do a few Texas Switches between our actor and our stunt double, but it was purely a one shot fight. There were no cuts in that fight. Every performer, the actors and the stunt doubles, were in there performing that fight full on. I’d say there was a minimum of 105 beats, and they killed it.

And how many takes did you have to shoot?

I feel like our magic number was take around 7 or 8.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Bernthal is KILLING it, goddamn. Just a few nitpicky things though. He needs to say the following lines, as much as possible:
  • "Punishment is my business, and business is good."
  • "You can't escape punishment, you criminal."
  • "*looks at watch* It's punishment time..."
  • Whenever Punisher's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's the Punisher"?
  • Also he needs to drive this in the show:

Other than those things, he's perfect.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

He's unbreakable!

He's alive, dammit!

Luke Cage is strong as hell.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I figure Luke can be drowned, suffocated, poisoned (really bad poison), mental attacks, radiation

Adamantium. Vibranium.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I'm still going to watch the whole thing, but my lack of hype for Iron Fist comes from the simple fact that the trailers and teasers have been poo poo compared to the other Marvel Netflix shows.

The Daredevil trailers are so loving good. The S1 trailers are masterpieces. The Jessica Jones trailers set the tone perfectly and that Of Monsters and Men song might as well have been a theme song. Luke Cage had atmosphere, perfect music and showed just enough action and grounded character interaction, and it still pulled off a different feel than the other two.

Iron Fist was just techno stuff and him turning to the camera :

"It's time..."

"This is my destiny..."

"I'm going with you"

"No you're not!"

"You need me"

"A change is coming Daniel...become what you were meant to be"

(this is the actual sequence of dialogue from the trailer)

It's impossible to be more cliche than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Lol Danny being a idiot is the best part of the show.

Yeah, it really is. This isn't nearly as bad as the reviews made me think it was going to be. Ward and Colleen are fantastic.