Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

net cafe scandal posted:

Ep 1. Frank gets all this buildup as a super tactical seal team military genius but his first big scenes are shooting a bunch of people through a window with a machine gun until they die and strolling through a hospital popping off buckshot and almost killing Karen 3 or 4 times Kind of silly

Military precision includes preparing for and catching your enemies in a machine gun kill zone where they can't fire back and hit you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Matt and Elektra's on-screen chemistry is pretty drat good. I feel like this can only end poorly though.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Elektra is loving great in this show.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

One thing I really liked is (episode 1 spoilers) they clearly set up a major reason why Punisher is problem in the hospital scene. He's firing pretty loving wildly and he's incredibly lucky no innocents got nailed. Hell he could have killed Karen who did nothing wrong as well.

He wasn't though and 2.06? spoiler for later don't read this if you don't want to know he explicitly tells Karen he could have hit her if he wanted to

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Foggy is a little bitch :colbert:

It really didn't help that his first scene of the season was him whining about stupid poo poo.

B..but MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT forget about helping people what about me :qq:

:stare:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Jessica Jones did seem to be stronger than Luke based on their fights, the trade-off being the impenetrable skin.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Kingpin knows (or at least suspects) that Matt is more than he seems, right? After Matt punched him they had a quick scene of Kingpin back in his cell, touches his lip where he got hit and then immediately asks an underlying to bring him the file on Murdock.

zoux posted:

It was great that he admitted that he needs to be DD in that last conversation with Elektra. I noticed when they are doing the house heist flashback, how at ease and relaxed Matt was and how much he loved showing off his powers. For his whole life he's had to pretend to be this fragile, helpless man when he's really more capable and less disabled than any "normal" person. He loves being DD, beyond his moral imperative, because it's the only time he doesn't have to hide who he is. It's another reason he loved/loves Elektra so much, he can be himself around her.

This is a good post. You can tell how Elektra coming back into his life made Matt realize he was missing something, because as soon as she is gone he tells Karen that he's Daredevil.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I don't think that was what happened at all unless I missed something. I thought the Castle family just liked that merry-go-round, and it happened to be near where the drug deal was going to go down. Just bad luck.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Dapper Dan posted:

Why is everyone so confused as to the motives of the Punisher's family's deaths? Watch the last episode again. The Blacksmith invited Frank to be part of his awesomely profitable heroin trading scheme. Frank refused. The Blacksmith knew Frank was a loose end because he'd been exposed and Frank is a very real law and order type. The Blacksmith gets wind Frank is taking his family to the park, sets up a fake drug deal between three very twitchy gangs, tips off the DA to the deal and then doesn't show. The Blacksmith knows the gangs are super loving twitchy and the DA is heavy handed. Frank is there in the park and then a fire-fight occurs. It was specifically done to kill Frank. His family was inconsequential.

Frank knew The Blacksmith's identity, knew how profitable it was and had a chance to reveal it. The Blacksmith needed him eliminated. Getting him caught in the cross-fire was part of the plan. What wasn't part of it was Frank surviving.

Also, if they wanted to tie Frank to 'The Hand' storyline, they could have made the Blacksmith part of the Hand, and had everything in a neat little bow. Then he shows up with a mini-gun and just massacres some ninjas.

This doesn't make any sense. If he knew the Blacksmith's identity, as soon as he got out of prison he would have booked it upstate and shot Clancy Brown in the face. He only figured it out by following Karen.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Lord Hydronium posted:

Just finished the show last night, and I agree with what seems to be the consensus: the Punisher half of the season was fantastic, and the Hand half was weak. The fact that the title character actually loses interest with the former to focus entirely on the latter (and that that was a plot point) didn't really help. Bernthal was excellent (there's actually not really any weak points in the cast, which is pretty great in itself), and I've gone from being neutral on the Punisher to actually being interested in a series about him. On the other hand, while the Hand plot had some great individual moments - the hole, the ninja attack on the hospital, some of the earlier Roxxon stuff - all the parts the writers seemed to feel were more important, and ended up focusing more on - the Black Sky, the war, the sarcophagus - I couldn't really give a poo poo about.

Overall, I think I'd put it on par with S1, with the good and bad parts splitting the difference. S1 felt more cohesive, though.

I'm not really sure there's a consensus, plenty of people (like me) that loved it the whole way through. But I loved Matt destroying his life for Elektra :shrug:

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 22, 2016

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

MrAristocrates posted:

Not really.

Also I'm kind of worried about how they're going to maintain tension when the main character can brush off getting hit by a car but just like with the Hulk as long as they make sure not to have the threat be "will Luke die?" they should be fine.

It seems like they hinted at one way in the trailer - "You may be bulletproof, but Harlem isn't." Collateral damage.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Your posts read like you didn't like either just because a villain you don't like the idea of was in it. Which is a dumb reason to disregard something out of hand.

Someone tell me the ep 7 twist

You just said you definitely weren't watching Luke Cage because some internet article called it the most important show of 2016. Pot, kettle, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

ufarn posted:

The fight choreography looked pretty bad. Seems like the show that should get the best people and resources for the fighting, but it's been getting kinda bad for the Marvel shows. DDs2 also had some slightly weird choreography, but this seemed extremely lacklustre.

At least Colleen is going to be amazing.

Sometimes I wonder what I'm seeing differently than other people. How did that look bad? It looked like a well choreographed fight scene of a smaller combatant against two larger ones to me.