Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

HardCoil posted:

Awesome new OPs OP :D

I finally made a bit of progress, got these painted:

I spent a lot of time converting them, so I'm really disappointed by the how blotchy the paintjob came out. I think it's mainly because I used a base colour that was too light, modelled the clothing on the arms and legs quite poorly and tried too many new things at the same time.

these are amazing! <3 tacticool marines

What model are they?

Lord Humongus posted:

I just want to wow people.

you need to rebase, the model is 100x better than the quality of the base imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
nice!

in the same boat too, hard to find kill teamers

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
drink it

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
mods please rename thread to Steady Hands, Scrunty Eyes

tia

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
looks neat

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Sauer posted:

Edit: But seriously how high do you get if you grind up and snort a GW mini?

ironically probably not high enough to think GW prices are sane and good

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

everythingWasBees posted:

I really want to buy some miniatures now.

as long as they not GW

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
yee

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

big_g posted:

Thanks very much!

Here's some shots of the real deal:

And my finished take on it:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
but legit cool paint job though

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
or piss

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
well that's good because ive already been pissing on my models for that extra NURGLE feel

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
more like whos gumbo did I piss in

lmao

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I ussually just store it in my gumbo pot tbh

yeah I keep it in the fridge so it keeps longer

all my food and drink now tastes of piss, but hey its a CHEAP way to flavor your food right?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
hey

I want to make a REALLY cheap dry erase matt I can use for D&D purposes

I was thinking of getting contact paper, what has grids on the bit you throw away, and then simply sticking the contact paper to the grid paper

thoughts????

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I dont know the gently caress a Kinkos is brother

where can I get something laminated in england for like no money

hello

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
awesome thank you brother

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I definitely want something I can roll up when not using so probably not going to try getting a big board or something, but might try vinyl if its actually fold-able without damaging it

I want a 'big' 3x4 piece I can use for general encounters, then smaller peices for like taverns and dungeon corridors and poo poo

that's why I thought of getting contact paper, could just cut a big 3x4 piece then lots of smaller pieces, they tend to come in big wrapping paper rolls too

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Post 9-11 User posted:

Contact paper has adhesive on the back, it will stick to itself if you roll it up and gather lint/dust/fur/cheetos dust if you somehow did use it. Folding or rolling rarely work: folds make creases that models wobble on, rolling tends to never lie flat (people in this thread have mentioned that new mats actually work properly now, though).

yeah Im going to stick the contact paper to something

probably just gonna get some card, draw a grad with a ruler then contact paper over the top

cost so far £1.49

ghetto as gently caress

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

osirisisdead posted:

If you're going that ghetto (drawing it by hand) go see if you can get some spare vinyl sheet from a signprinting shop. You might be able to find some odd cuttings or some misprint stuff. You could get a good deal if you're charming enough, but who am I kidding, you're a goon.

edit: I just realized you probably meant that you are probably planning to use corrugated cardboard under the contact paper... That seems like it would be a pain in the rear end to transport...

I am in fact, very charming and used to work for a silk screen printing press, so might try this

thanks

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Post 9-11 User posted:

Folding or rolling rarely work: folds make creases that models wobble on, rolling tends to never lie flat (people in this thread have mentioned that new mats actually work properly now, though).

osirisisdead posted:

edit: I just realized you probably meant that you are probably planning to use corrugated cardboard under the contact paper... That seems like it would be a pain in the rear end to transport...

ffs...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
that looks neat

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
well I already bought the contact paper so gonna try something with that

maybe cut some card into A4 sections for ease of storing, then I can set them up side by side for bigger areas

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
thoughts on using this as a cheap wipe clean mat for D&D?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vinyl-PVC...=item2a22ef6575 (Gingham Check Beige pattern)

thoughts?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
maybe after the first game Ill buy a proper mat

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
the weathering is neat but I think the base was better without the rocks and dead dude

it just draws attention away from the cool titan

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

gross

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Super Waffle posted:

:stare: I thought they topped out at the Reaver class. How much does that thing cost?

rumour is around a grand

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
hahahaha

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

enri posted:

I dragged the wife there during our mini honeymoon in 2011, glad to have seen the Mike Mcvey dioramas I drooled over as a youth and glad I didn't have to pay for the privilege :D

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The Sisko posted:

Worked on some bases from Wargamma and had a lot of fun doing so. These will be bases for my Word Bearers that I have coming in the mail. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.

Those are some spo00o0o0o0ooky bases dude

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Super Waffle posted:

One of the final levels of Dawn of War had you fighting over the ruins of an Imperator Titan. You could build generators to power up the guns, that was so awesome :buddy:

Loved that level, Winter Assault was Winter Awesome

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Super Waffle posted:

Which was the stripper that also eats super glue?

lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Its me, I am the stripper that eats glue

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
but these ones say citadel on them

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Vampire minis often wear nice dresses, would probably need a head swap though lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
That is amazing!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Anyone have any advice or links for painting models to look like statues

specifically SLIGHTLY worn gold and silver statues

???

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
So just rub that poo poo on?

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Here's my attempt at doing a gold statue effect. It actually looks better better in person I think, but im having trouble taking pictures because its so shiny, and I only have my iphone camera + a single desk lamp.

All I did was boltgun metal prime, ink GW sepia wash, drybrush Vallejo 70996 Gold

The third picture is probably the best representation of what it looks like IRL

Any advice to improve it??