Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I felt the same when idly considering a SBGL army, and the Mantic zombies, although slightly more ghoulish, seemed like a better alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Painted up some dothraki screamers from the Song of Ice and Fire game. It's a nice change of pace to paint something that's not heroic scale.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
The gold looks great, what color is that? It really pops on the white armour.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Nice. I like metallic gold on darker colours but against pale armour, that seems much better.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Nice! When I watched Duncan’s I thought that if I were to do it, I would try to drill out the blunderbuss barrel and smooth it out
I feel like drilling a centred guide hole then spinning a hobby blade around a while would get you pretty close.

My favourite white Dwarf battle report as a youngun was the one where the dwarves had to hold a narrow pass vs a chaos Dwarf horde. Even if it was super anticlimactic with the Chorf sorcerer soloing halve the Dwarf army with Curse of Years. I'm guessing original chorfs go for big bucks on ebay these days?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Cardboard Fox posted:

Great advice all around. I was curious about the primer since I knew I had a Valejo white primer somewhere in the drawer.
The light grey primer is so much better for brush on than the white. If you want to put contrast directly onto it, I'd recommend a heavy drybrush with a bright white first. But a single coat of primer is fine for most paints, especially if you're doing multiple coats of the base layer anyway.

I also use the brush on black before a zenithal spray because a brush just gets the black into all the nooks and crannies where spray won't easily. But also I will never paint in subassemblies.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Silver took two coats when I tried mine two days ago, but the brightness is nice

I just want a replacement for leadbelcher and rune lord brass and retributor armor so I can stop buying citadel paints but keep the color

Vallejo Metal Color Dark Aluminium is a pretty close replacement for leadbelcher, and it's so much easier to apply. Thin and amazing coverage.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Virtual Russian posted:

I use that exact varnish and brush it on very thin. I've never experienced that problem. Maybe get a picture or two? Are the white dots raised?
Yeah, I went through two bottles off Vallejo Matt before I started using testors spray and never noticed that. I wasnt thinning much either, just loading the brush with water first.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Heh. I guess Scale is Spanish? Carne = flesh or meat. I love my Vallejo Medium Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Nessus posted:

Oh so it's more like the thing on the top is something you dunk into the glue to gather some up, then wipe it on the bits before pressing them together? Not like a dribble tube?
Did your metal applicator get stuck inside the lid instead of attached to the actual bottle like mine? I can see how that would make the use confusing.