Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

AndyElusive posted:

That car loving rules and I had no idea Gaslands was a thing and now I'm kind of day dreaming about what it would be like to go buy and hobby a bunch of Hotwheels into high def versions of racers based on the old-rear end MS-DOS game Deathtrack.

Loads of people have done this for Twisted Metal and Mario Kart.

Do it, the cars are so cheap and the game is loads of fun.

Deathtrack, Deathtrack, Deathtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I have water in the tank/line of my airbrush, right?

This also happened with a different primer over a different material. So I don't think the black primer is simply hydrophobic.

Fortunately it makes for a neat effect on the ship so I'm not interested in fixing that but I'm not leaving the buildings speckled. 🫤

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 12, 2023

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

https://www.amazon.ca/Timbertech-Ai...=A1LP8MMEJ2WL23

If it's good enough for Marco it's good enough for me right?

https://youtu.be/NPhf2PW5lu4

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

I've watched the MS Paints algorithm tweaking video so I get why Miniac has thumbnails that look like he's sticking his head out the window of a fast moving vehicle. It's just that he's attempting to make mini painting his living and has publicly stated how he's desperately trying hard to work the system in order to make this whole thing succeed and yet, like Geisladisk mentioned, there's guys like Vince who Miniac is friends with that are doing the compete antithesis of this. So it's kind of funny and sad to think that the goofy things he does to increase viewer numbers/work the algorithm is the very thing that makes some people less likely to click his poo poo.

Miniac is chasing the Squidmar path to success. Youtube mini channels don't want the 1% of Youtube that is the hobbyists. They want the other 99% to see them on trending. Which is why this happened for a while.

To trick people into clicking because they think Henry has anything to do with the video.

Followed by Mr. Beast style click bait titles with $$$ in them.

On an entirely different note, I have an irrational dislike of Vince. I can't put my finger on it, but the guy just annoys me. Luckily there are 1000+ other mins and painting channels. ;)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Has anyone used Army Painter Speedpaint on the old 1.0 rubbery Bones minis?

I feel that brushing on Vallejo White Primer and then using Speedpaint is the way to go, but I wanted to know if anyone had experience with Reaper Bones and Speedpaint?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Richter Scabies posted:

Disaster! I was picking up my finished supernova to take a glamourshot and dropped it, chipping a large portion of the gloss-varnished and paitned canopy almost clean off. I ended up using a scraper to scrape the rest away, as well as the front portion, and am left with this:

It looks like it is down to the plastic with maybe a tiny bit of primer. Can I just re-primer and paint the scraped-away portions or am I doomed to strip the whole thing and redo it?

Brushed on primer and repainting should be just fine, no need to strip it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Southern Heel posted:

Cheeky tiny chaos dwarf WIP, a thousand points for trying out Warmaster:

What is wrong with us?

"I think I will try out this game/army and see if I like it". And then we print/buy, and paint dozens of minis rather than just proxy.

Why do I do this? WHY?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Count Thrashula posted:

they're the only friends i have

The sad truth.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I wrapped up a bunch of projects last night.

Tiny tanks for the game Tonks.

Dice jail for when naughty dice need a timeout.

15mm chibi Doom for my friend's copy of Demonship.

A boat for some fantasy terrain.

Yes-man, just because. 🙂

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Count Thrashula posted:

I need to know everything about how that was made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzOK_x6tngw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRA0VSFuIzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd-MYAze4bI

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Southern Heel posted:

I realise I never actually took any photos of my 10mm English Civil War armies when they're substantially complete, so here they are:

Edmund: Yes, erm, I’m not so sure we’re needed, you know, Baldrick… I mean, everything seems to be going very well, doesn’t it? Everyone’s fighting — clearly having the time of their lives. Wait a moment; some of them over there aren’t fighting! They’re… they’re just lying down!

Baldrick: They’re dead, My Lord.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Getting some of the minis that have been on my work bench for a while finished and ready for use. They still need a sealing spray to knock down the shine, but I am happy to have so many minis 99% done.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 11, 2024

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Angry Lobster posted:

I've just bought a second hand army and it has non matching bases. Can I just scrape them off with a knife or it would be easier to just rebase?

You tell us. Try scraping first. If it comes off easy then do that. I'd the basing is on there too well, then rebase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Paragon8 posted:

I have seen it said that AO are made by Rosemary and Co so it might be worth looking into them as well.

Do you have an option to buy just one?

I am a little skeptical of how heavy their marketing push is. Like lmao at goonhammer's disclaimer on their bundle.

Whut?