Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Exactly, he wasn't doing a show by himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

mllaneza posted:

I watched a Rogue Hobbies video of tips on painting neo-Epic scale 8mm miniatures. One of the tips was to take a photo of the mini when it's almost done and zoom in to see if there's anything that needs to be fixed. Basically, make the camera jinx work for you.

Louise being Louise, she's doing edge highlighting on 8mm space marines.

Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeEuPGYIVM8&t=551s

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

accidental double post.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Marx Headroom posted:

Just wanted to pop in and say I saw this guy at the art museum this weekend and thought of this thread

Very nice use of shading and highlights outlining the separation of the neck and the clothes.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I assume it was about the rosemary dry brushes https://www.rosemaryandco.com/model-dry-brush

Because that's what Byron and Artis Opus are mainly known for.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

What's the colour theory explanation behind black and yellow being a relatively common color scheme? Or on a similar note white and red?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's both.

If you watch the latest video Byron explains that he starts of stippling as the brush contains more paint and that gives him more control over it, and moves on to more vigorous drybrushing as there is less and less paint in the brush.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Personally I really like the model color lime green

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 21, 2024

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Since Contrast/Speedpaints/Vallejo Xpress/slapchop/etc. are pretty popular, probably should include this vid from Warhipster in the new OP, in regards to proper application technique for those types of paints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_5cLbGBpsQ

This like the exact opposite of these type of translucent paint tutorials lol.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Nessus posted:

Oh so it's more like the thing on the top is something you dunk into the glue to gather some up, then wipe it on the bits before pressing them together? Not like a dribble tube?

You hold the bits together and drag the brush along them and the glue flows into the gap and welds the pieces together into a single one.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Nessus posted:

If I fuse the nun to my misshapen digits I will blame myself or god

It's not super glue, you'll just leave some finger prints indented into the plastic.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I like Mephiston red and it looks bright enough on its own when placed next to darker colors.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Safety Factor posted:

Crosspostin' from the Old World thread.

I'm using my spray booth since I don't have a light booth at all

Painted these guys on a weekend a couple of weeks ago, but was too lazy to take photos for the thread before.

Also I rushed through and didn't paint a bunch of details, and also heads, because again lazy.

Think I'm going to make the next batch more nurgly since I feel like I got the black and red out of my system.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah painting a random miniature with no expectations for its own sake is the most fun I've had with them.

What are the good ones in that size? There's so many different boutique places selling those thanks to 3d printing.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

First attempt at masking didn't go all that well, ah well, guess there's next time.

It probably won't be as noticeable if I add a lot of heavy weathering on top.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'll try that next time, but here I think at least a part of the base layer came away with the masking tape. So yeah a touchup of base paint will be next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Every single time I look at the tracking number and my package still didn't arrive.