Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Moola posted:

More bases!

I think this is what im gonna do for this army, prefer it to the wet mud

sorry for lovely phone quality, not much light atm

HOW did you do this?

It looks awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Mugaaz posted:

Cross posting from oath thread as well. Started up Infinity and painted these guys, havent painted anything in 5 years or so. Pretty happy with them.

These are sexy as hell!

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Cat Face Joe posted:

FINALLY got started on painting my Infinity squad but then the dog wanted all the attention so all I got done was one coat and a lot of wasted paint.

ORC trooper, right? Looking forward to seeing how it turns out! I'm liking the colour already!

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Don't apply primer when below 21°C?

Yeah sure. gently caress you Canadians, Scandinavians, Brits and whoever else. You can only ever paint during the summer! That's hilarious.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
M Bison? F Bison, surely

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Z the IVth posted:

I aztec my ships by hand

That's a Vaygr Carrier :aaaaa:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

berzerkmonkey posted:

You're not going to hurt anything. Go full strength and revel in your macho.

Miniatures Painting - Go full strength and revel in your macho

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

The Sex Cannon posted:

be like me and do it with a loving brush you pussy

I did that with real vehicles in the army and I'm never ever doing that again, even on tiny army mans vehicles. (gently caress SISUs)

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

My first miniature painted in three years. I'm pretty happy with it.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Harvey Mantaco posted:

You should be it's great!

Aw. Thanks! :3:

On to the next patient!

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Skails posted:

The GW base color rattle cans are/have primer, but not the pots.

That's a great looking marine condolezza. What chapter is it, or none?

Thanks! It's a Blood Raven.
I've ordered decal paper to print my own water slide decals, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive, so I'm done for now.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I really need to pick up the DG half of that Dark Imperium set off of ebay before it gets expensive.

DM me. I don’t want or need my DG half.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Geisladisk posted:

Color scheme test for my Stormcast warband.

I've never liked Stormcast, but replacing their dopey helmets and not painting them in a madly gaudy color scheme like GW likes doing goes a long way.

Dope. Makes me think of a certain armor from the souls’ series.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I've recently upgraded to an iphone 11 pro max, and jesus wept it has a good camera for this hobby.

Here's an album of a reiver I'm currently working on: Clicky for gallery of huge images

Not too shabby for someone with essential tremor, I think

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Radio Free Kobold posted:

I really like your choice of yellow for the pouches there, really stands out against the blue. The edge highlighting, as well, is pretty fine.

Thank you! The pouches are actually super thinned out snakebite leather contrast paint :ssh:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
What glaze would you suggest?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Morality_Police posted:

This is from a page ago, but what is this mini? If that's a kit-bash, I love what you did with it.

https://www.goonhammer.com/road-to-adepticon-tilting-at-demons-part-4/

Woops, didn’t notice skalis had already talked about it. Anyway. I really like these writeups!

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I realized that I don’t like painting my Crimson Fists, so I’m working on a new project instead. The test model came out nice so I’m going in balls deep:

Link for bigger image and bonus closeup of my best helmet to date: here

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 5, 2020

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Werix posted:

At some point I'll get to my indomitus box and I was going to do Blood Ravens. I'd been trying to think of what to do the officer helms, and that white is a nice contrast.

Thanks! I stole the idea from some of the helmets from Dawn of War 2.

The «white» helmet is the same colour as the shoulder pads mixed with white in order to read as white but still be within the coulour palette the blood ravens use, as well as letting me highlight it with white.

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 6, 2020

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Working on deathwatch force, here's my first, a primaris watch captain:

No prizes for guessing his original chapter, but it was a fun exercise trying out greenstuffing a fur collar for him.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

AndyElusive posted:

That's baller! I don't think I've seen that fancy sword swinging brother before. What's the model?

I've been planning to make my DW Captain or one of my Lieutenants from the Emperor's Spears and I've also been reading up on ways to make a fur cloak or collar out of greenstuff. So this is great inspiration.

Thanks!
He’s a kitbash. The body is Lieutenant Tolmeron, the left arm is from the swaggering sergeant from Dark Imperium with the premolded pauldron chopped off, and the sword arm is from the Bladeguard multipose set. The helmet is from a regular intercessor with the plume stolen from the primaris captain kit.

Expensive on its own, but they were bits I had lying around unused so I figured hey, why not.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Any tips for making this shoulder pad read more like a Deathwing pad?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Made a fair bit of progress today after work

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
My airbrush (sparmax sp 35 something) just broke and I am unable to fix it. Looking for reccommendations for a replacement, preferably one that's easier to clean. Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Yeast posted:

Iwata Eclipse for the mainstream, reliable option

Harder & Steenbeck evolution for the more expensive, easier again to clean option.

Thanks! Just ordered a H&S Evolution. Can’t wait!