Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Two things

1) holy poo poo there's so many gorgeous minis in this thread.

2) Is this the thread for asking painting/modelling advice? I've got an idea for some Space Marine Incursors but I also don't want to clutter the thread if this isn't the thread for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I bit the bullet, grabbed the Leviathan box and got started on the terminators, a unit I've loved ever since I saw them in my first issue of White Dwarf way back in 1995. Wasn't hugely happy with how the storm bolters look but I've learned a lot. It's not up to the thread's usual standard, but it's the first thing I've painted in twenty years and I'd like to share.

If anyone has any tips on painting Dreadnoughts, specifically ones with black armour and don't include edge highlighting or dry brushing, I'd love to hear them. I thought I'd do the Ballistus next.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
That's a gorgeous red, and I love the way his amulets and necklaces really seem to be hanging off him, really seem separate. I know that's a weird compliment, but it's an effect I've failed to achieve and so am very aware and complimentary of.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Still need a few more dreads

loving hell. I didn't grasp how much bigger the new dreads are until now. It's a little weird that the very shooty new dreads are the only ones that can't take a rocket pod on top.

I've got some advice to ask for a customisation project. I really like Heavy Intercessors as a gaming piece and want some for my army. However, they just seem to be begging for some kind of cloak or great coat or something. I always really like the look of the Helghan's in Killzone or the Galactic Marines from Star Wars. Examples below

I have a few questions:
-Is this idea viable at all? I feel like Heavy Intercessors might be a little to bulky for this look to work.
-If it is, I assume green stuff rolled very thin is the material to use. Is it?
-Is it advisable to file or trim the model to get the cloak to fit or am I better off just making the green stuff thinner.

I'm interested in any and all tips on making green stuff cloaks, essentially.