Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Tank's done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Professor Shark posted:

Did you use any technical stuff for the rust/ verdigris? I’m still waiting on the post for parts to come in to start mine

Nothing too crazy. For the verdigris I mixed some GW tesseract glow technical paint with some gauss blaster green, watered it down until I liked the consistency, and used it a bit like a wash. Drybrush back over with some of the brass highlight, viola.

For the rust I started with rhinox hide(?) brown, used some Typhus Corrosion for the gritty texture in creases and other spots to get rusty, then a little dark red wash in creases, gryph hound orange contrast watered down over that, a smaller amount of a bright orange where I wanted to make the rust show, an even smaller amount of a lighter yellow in select spots, then drybrushed a gunmetal color for wear exposing metal underneath.

The dozer blade has some Secret Weapon dry pigments brushed onto it afterwards. Had that from several years ago and it worked pretty nicely

It could probably be more efficient or smarter but I was mostly experimenting to see what worked.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 18, 2024

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

grassy gnoll posted:

You could easily get some orange on the crest of the helmet, or on the domino mask. I think crest would be better overall, but blue lenses against orange eye band would pop more.

Unrelated, here are some rat ogres.

I'm really pleased with how the flail one came out.

Love them. Are they a conversion or third party model for Clan Pestilens rogres? Very smooth and pleasing to look at while still looking quite ferocious.