Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Hi miniature goons! Really enjoying reading through the thread and seeing everyone’s work. Painting minis has become my winter hobby and it’s really been helping me de-stress from work.

My brother gave me a thrifted copy of the Dark World (a neat Hero Quest rip-off) and I’ve been practicing on them before I try my hand at more expensive minis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Bohemian Nights posted:

Nice! What miniature range are you looking to get into?

Thanks! Mostly just D&D at this point. I started DMing for my wife and her friend, we found that minis really helped us visualize combat.

I thought it was super cool when I discovered you can get minis for pretty much any race/class combo. Tried painting one, realized it looked like poo poo…aaaand suddenly our spare room has transformed into a paint studio :v:

Ez8 posted:

Might I suggest you try Reaper's Dark Haven series of miniatures? Very D&D and close to what you're working with now.

Awesome, thanks! That’s exactly what I’m looking for.