Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

The Sisko posted:

Great thread so far guys keep it up. Finished up some Stormtroopers from my Imperial Assault box and all I have to say is thank god for airbrushing white or else I would've lost my goddamn mind (I almost did after seeing the mold lines after I applied the white). C&C is always welcome.

"Set blasters to stun!"

Looking awesome dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Daniel Craig looks bored even as a Space Marine.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Big Willy Style posted:

Yeah that is mega dumb. Lets charge people to experience a really great promotional tool.

Why not? They've been charging people to experience a poor-to-middling promotional tool for decades.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
One beep for yes, two for no.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
New Citadel brushes are up:

They range from £3.50 for the Small Base to £12 for the XS "Artificer Layer" one.

e: That's $AU34 ahahaha

Literally more expensive than a W&N Series 7.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 3, 2015

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

SRM posted:

I'm not part of the black rims crew

Nobody's perfect.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Fyrbrand posted:

I can probably replace the blue wash but Charadon is irreplaceable.

Try Vallejo's Heavy Charcoal.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quick check your pantry

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Plus you can just run it as a counts-as Wyvern. I got my mitts on a original Griffin literally weeks before they got squatted :(

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

big_g posted:

I had some time tonight to get some more base coat on the Ghostkeel. Starting to come together a bit more now.

This is looking pretty :krad:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
X-post from the 30K thread, until transfers arrive my Death Guard Praetor is done:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Mango Polo posted:

He cool. I especially like the texture of the chipping, it's just the right size for the mini. Did you sponge it?

I did, very lightly with some Heavy Charcoal on the backing foam from an Infinity mini :v: In my test models I found it was really easy to go overboard with it and I thought less is more with this guy. As it was he's very close to too much chipping. I'm going to do 5 more Mk IV guys with the same technique and see how they turn out.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Cross-posting. Cataphractii are done:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Just realised I've nearly gotten all the way through this army project and haven't posted anything in here. Have some 30K mans:

Praetor

Siege Breaker

Vigilator

Deathshroud Terminators

Cataphractii Terminators

Veteran Squad

Tactical Squad

Tactical Support Squad

Assault Squad

Lascannon Heavy Support Squad

Missile Launcher Heavy Support Squad

Land Raider

I've got like 4 more infantry models left to do then I can't put off the motor pool any longer :ohdear:

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 20, 2017

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

General Olloth posted:

Did you finish the rhino in the end?

Don't be ridiculous

It became an Iron Hands Vindicator

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

JBP posted:

I sealed my corks and bought some Vallejo black lava-asphalt. It's dark but I figure once I start dry brushing and add some ice/snow it'll be a truly Fenrisian Christmas :)

The fancy bases I'll do separately and then add the models but I think the troops will just get painted and I'll add the basing texture as they are. Seems simple enough not to gently caress it up.

I use black lava for my stinky bois and it rules. You can shape and sculpt it as it's drying to make all sorts of shapes and flows and the grain is perfect for the scale of our space dolls. I usually lightly glue the figure to the bare base, paint the man, then snap it off and then build up and paint the base. You'll probably want to pin at least one foot though, I've had models come off their base and take a chunk of the black lava with them.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

This guy was an experiment in doing super lazy black coats. Airbrushed VMC Black Grey with a very light zenithal spray of VMA Cold Grey. Then did an all over spray of AP Dark Tone mixed 50-50 with airbrush thinner and a little brush application of the same after it was dry to push some shadows. Finally a Dullcote varnish to kill any gloss. I think it worked well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Do you guys ever have problems with your zenithal coming off? I'll prime the whole thing with black spray primer, then used fw ink grey then white for highlights, but when painting and blending spots of white and gray will come off showing black. I'm not painting roughly, waiting for things to dry (hairdryer as required). It's frustrating and looks like poo poo.

Try sealing your zenithal layers with a coat of matte varnish before painting further.