Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Annie rocks buy from her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat
Friends I have a q: has anyone had experience using the citadel texture paints (or similar) in combination? Like stirland mud with the crackle stuff over it or vice versa?

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat

Alokgen posted:

Here's hoping Cat Face Joe gets another promotion at work.

NSFW because of "taste"
https://chreemills.artstation.com/projects/XEvdl

Love the base and skin tone. It might just be me, it the shading on the front of her stomach looks a little too gray/dark, and kind of looks like a snail trail of hair. (When I zoomed in it looked better, so it might just be my eyes getting confused)

How did you do the little waterfalls? Was it just export like the guildball bases?

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat

Alokgen posted:

The skin is definitely more on the grey side than I hoped for. Next time I hope I can get into more pinks.

The main form and rocks were done with layered cork then covered and sanded with green stuff. For the waterfalls, I cut up a smooth part of a 20oz soda bottle. I used woodland scenics water effects as glue for the archs then brushed on more water effects to create the texture. Then dry brushed white on the ridges. Think I went a bit heavy on the dry brushing.

The guildball bases were done using a 2 part epoxy that is better suited for deeper pours. If you're interested in doing something similar, maybe I'll do a tutorial on hem when I get back to working on them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Tutorials about modelling/painting are always welcome!
O god I am such a nerd

Could covering the greyer part of the shading with a pale pink glaze work? To keep it dark but just a little pinker?

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat
Good luck! I wonder how it looks under different lighting. I think the nmm sword, smoothness of skin and pretty base will work for you

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat

bonds0097 posted:

My first painted mini!

Very little highlighting due to just having the colors in the space marine learn to paint set. And there's so much to improve on, like better thinning to start so I can get a nicer texture.

Also, I thinned with a gloss medium which was a mistake because everything is too loving shiny.

Getting more paints tomorrow and pumped to try again!

Just going back a few pages and didn't see you get a reply- I think because you replied to yourself. Most important things you've already addressed (thin your pants!) and starting out, maybe just thin with water. Apart from that, all advice given to Munchables is good stuff (I've watched those Duncan vids for the first time now and am really digging them/kicking myself for not "getting" some basic stuff till now).

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Crimson Ghosts
Brazen Ghosts
Scorched Marines
Scorched Angels

Hell’s Satan’s
Christ Punchers

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat
Also if it’s a lil bit of paint or just in the nooks and crannies, use a blade to remove (just scrape) or loosen for second bath

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat
Go light at first though - the plastic may have softened from the simple green

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat

Marzipan Pig posted:

I made the crotch darker. Even with the tiny modesty cover it comes with, it was still very shiney and drew the eye too much o.o

Be brave, make it brighter
SunBalls will conquer all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Soiled Meat
I don’t know the size of the knight, but these ones are about 2 inches so that should be fine

https://bullsballs.com/product/minnie-nuts-25-pack/