Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

Our young men will have to shoot down their young men at the rate of four to one, if we're to keep pace at all.
I just finished off some models from the latest Raging Heroes kickstarter. I know people here hate female pin up styled models and I usually do to but I quite like this space nun sharp shooter vibe.

These are the character types and I'm going to be doing some armoured troops next so a lot less pin up vibe.

I'm going to take some better photos with lighting set up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

Our young men will have to shoot down their young men at the rate of four to one, if we're to keep pace at all.
I've just been dicking around with my new Foldio 360 for 15mins which is total fun and I thought you might like to see the efforts. Not perfect as just getting used to it but still a pretty cool gadget.

Hybrids

Tau Ghostkeel

Imperial Fists

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

So I haven't posted here in like years due to "life" taking over. Maybe some of you may remember my past projects.

Anyway I bought some Team Yankee 15mm Chieftain tanks that took my eye. WWIII 1980s represent!

Here we are assembled and then airbrushed and panel shaded black.

Next I will panzer putty off black stripes and add a light green for the main colour.

Let me know what you think.

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

I got some time to get the panzerputty out and lay the green down on the tanks.

Looking quite light and chalky at the minute but the panel shading is there and the washes and weathering will hopefully ground them in the real world a bit more.

I think light colours and contrast are better at this scale, I find othewise things are just a green blob.

Opinions?

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

So I have glossed the tanks and done a dark pin wash, then given them a light dry brush.

I have on a whim done some edge highlighting which may look at bit obtrusive at this scale but I think will work especially with a bit more weathering to go. What do you think?

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

Have some more progress pics on the Chieftains, going to wash and highlight the details next then probably matt and weather I think.

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

Started to work on the weathering to the lower hulls of the Cheiftains tonight. Quite happy with how they are coming out so far. Let mw know what you think.

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

Finished the weathering to the lower hulls tonight and added some cammo netting. I am pleased with it. It's still wet but when it dries it will be detailed, washed and drybrushed. Then nearly done!

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

Got some updated pics of the Cheiftains for those interested, very nearly done now.

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

Very nearly done with the Chieftains now. Two tank commanders to do then add some wire for the aerials.

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

R0ckfish posted:

A Deff Dread is done! Lots of fun to paint and build, I am definitely gonna paint another of these.

Next up: more boyz, I guess. :suicide:

This is gorgeous you have a very dramatic painting style.

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

So I've finished the Chieftain Troop, my first ever Team Yankee models. I think they turned out okay for my forst ever attempt at 15mm Brirish Cold War armour. Let me know what you think and check out the 360 shots.

360 rotations:

https://spinzam.com/shot/embed/?idx=101571

https://spinzam.com/shot/embed/?idx=101572

And some pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big_g
Sep 24, 2004

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

These are so awesome, great work! :britain:

How did you make the camo netting? Gauze?

Thanks very much.

Yes it’s medical gauze dipped in dilute PVA coloured with green paint in the mix then draped on. It then conforms and dries nicely. When dried out I just did a couple layers of dry brush.