Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Bohemian Nights posted:

That's a really fun mini. Frostgrave?

yah, all the parts are from the wizard kits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
this post has a soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6zAT15vaFk

tiny cars in a tiny desert

beep beep

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
robot stomp!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
some 6mm trucks:

save your fork, there's pie! added some bases and infantry to the technicals

trucks! you can get them here: https://www.wargamevault.com/product/456708/Squawtee-Technicals?term=squawtee

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Beffer posted:

Don’t use technical paints. Just paint some technicals.

What game is it for, Neb? Do you have in game pics?

they're for either battletech or full spectrum dominance. no game pics because all my gaming buddies are dead (jk, we all just have small kids)

Slyphic posted:

With the rise of sub 10mm painting this year, anyone found any good technique tutorials for the scale? In terms of making the models look good on a table mid game, not ones you have to hold up within a foot of your face? Nothing wrong with doing super fancy tiny stuff, just not what I'm after. I've got techniques that work for me, but I feel like I could do better. I just do not want to paint a model that looks a toy for a 28mm dude.

Had a frustrating conversation yesterday with a dude about the square cube law and why you can't paint glow and reflection between two points on a 10mm figure that are 2mm apart and a 28mm figure that are 2mm apart in the same exact way.

i have seen a couple in the wild, but i think they were all youtubes? definitely a tutorial blind spot!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Lostconfused posted:

What's the colour theory explanation behind black and yellow being a relatively common color scheme? Or on a similar note white and red?

simply because yellow super contrasts with black. yellow is the brightest color, so they're as opposite as you can be on value and saturation (white and black only contrast on value).

its also natures way of saying you're a badass

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
some 6mm stuff, some for Full Spectrum Dominance, some just for funsies

6mm infantry from lazy forger

gargoyle APC from iliada games studio

zapper snow mobile, also from iliada

gonna make some junkyard terrain. this test pile of junk is made from air drying clay with some random bits stuck into it. i got some bigger ones in progress, maybe i'll do some step by step pics

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Bohemian Nights posted:

It obviously all looks great (you fucker), but the chrome nmm on this thing is sick, also love the shadow on the windshield

that's actually a windshield wiper but that's a really good idea lol

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Under 15 posted:

Can you post a tutorial for the sand bases?

i will definitely write one, but i have some other tutorials that have to come first. im still kinda mastering the process, want to get it down to as few steps as possible

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
6mm gun wagon from the lazy forger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Count Thrashula posted:

This rules - are you playing their Full Spectrum Dominance game or is this for Battletech?

This is for FSD. The minis are crazy detailed for 6mm.