Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
I made a thing.

Fully magnetized. I have the other two weapons as well, but still painting them up. I'll likely go back and add a few details here and there, but I just wanted to knock it out into tabletop condition quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

I was having some issues with my camera tonight - but wanted to show these off because I put a lot of time in on the basing, which I never do. Need to go back and add a few banner details and names - but these are 99% complete. Click for ridicuhuge.

Sorry again for the poor color correction. I'll shoot these guys again tomorrow maybe.

This was my first attempt at urban basing, and I think it came out spectacular.

For the basing, I used Cork Gasket material, primed gray, washed with Nuln Oil, drybrushed with Astronomicon Grey, then washed again. The rebar is twisted brass rods, and some plasticard tubing and girders. Also random bits and stuff. I made a lousy attempt at water effects for the busted pipes, but wasn't happy with how it was coming out. I have 15 more Terminators, two Dreadknights, three Dreadnoughts and two Storm Ravens to go, though, so I'll have plenty of opportunity to clean up the basing and try different things.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Here's what I've been working on the last few weeks. I can't get the pictures to reflect how good I think they look in real life, but oh well. I put in almost as much time on the bases as I did on painting, I'm really proud of how these turned out.

Click for huge.

Multi-purpose troops. Running them mostly as Purifiers, but also Strike Squads or Interceptors.

Librarians with relics and Draigo.

Terminator Troops

Dreadknights - fully magnetized.

Working on finishing 4 Doomglaive Pattern Dreadnoughts (I'll run them as normal dreads for the most part, I wanted four for CAD+Nemesis) and then have to paint the Stormraven and one more squad of Purifiers, and I'm done with this army.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Crosspostin' my new freeblade.

Zoinks!

Clicks for huge.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Crosspostin' - A few details to clean up here and there - but here we go...

Just a good ol' boy, the General Lufgt of House Hazzard, Badab.

Next up, Herbie the Love Knight.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Badab rise again on the license plate, but no spoof of the confederate flag in Imperium style? That's the whole thing!

Ok, I give in... I hope this isn't in bad taste, if so, I can bust out the airbrush one more time today...

Tuxedo Jack fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Yes. Excellent choice, and well done.

Thank you for letting me talk you into it.

No, thank you. It improved the homage tenfold. As soon as I started applying the transfers, I was like, "wow, this looks so much better."