Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

dexefiend posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for drybrush brushes? (Preferably ones that are available on Amazon)

I need some for terrain and figures.

I use Creative Mark Beste chisel brushes for that. Not exactly on Amazon (it's through Jerry's Artarama) but here's what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

Where the heck can I buy Vallejo online?

The War Store

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Are there goon approved pinks? I checked out the op for the recommended paint list and didn't see anything to that effect. We've decided on a pink/cyan scheme for an Everblight army and my old tentacle pink pot won't last.

Have you tried P3 Carnal Pink?

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I can give it a shot. The only pink I've tried to work with is an old pot of tentacle pink.

The other option would be buying a pot of Coat d'arms Shocking Pink since it's the same old tentacle pink.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

JoshTheStampede posted:

Dullcote just hasn't been the same since they took out those sweet sweet carcinogens

Isn't that only in the EU though?

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Das_Ubermike posted:

I believe Scale Creep Miniatures still sells the Coat D'Arms range in the U.S., i've got a bunch and while a few are a little thinner than the hexagon pots from back in the day, they're for the most part just as good as back when they were making paints for GW.

Yup, they do. In fact, because the exchange rate is more favorable to the US now, Coat d'Arms paints are cheaper now than several years ago.

EDIT:

As for the consistency of the paints, it varies a lot which is a problem with CdA. I have two pots of Goblin Green: one is super thin, and one is the consistency you would expect for a fresh pot of paint.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
How are Army Painter paints? I’ve only used their inks but never their paints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006

Bucnasti posted:

Army Painter white spray primer works great on Bones. Even finish and dries without remaining tacky. There’s an old bones thread with links to comparisons between different primers, AP and one other brand worked best.

Krylon Dual Paint + Primer