Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006

Pacra posted:

Trip report : going from Kawachi to Myogi is like receiving glowing amber sunlight after enduring hours of inky blackness

Yes, this so much. The Myogi still faces plenty of ships that can outrange it, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Kawachi.

Coming into this after playing War Thunder for a few months, I really miss how in WT you can play any vehicle in that country's tech tree and have the research apply wherever you want. I would have so much rather driven cruisers or destroyers than spent another minute in the Kawachi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006
After playing artillery in WoT a while back, I was excited to try carriers in WoWs, so I picked up a Hosho last week. While I'm still pretty bad with my torpedo planes, what's really getting to me is how dreadful my fighters are. If I have them engage a single squadron from a Langley, I usually lose all my fighters while the other squadron loses none. The 6 v 4 is terrible. And once my fighters are gone, my torpedo bombers are defenseless. It only gets worse when I get up against a Bogue and there are two fighter squadrons to maul my one. Does this get any better for Japanese carriers further down the tree?

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006
Looks like it's disabled in NA, too.

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006
I'm really enjoying destroyers with a Wickes/Isokaze. I fully intend to get the Minekaze, but after that I don't have an issue switching to other nations. I was thinking US in order to more easily win destroyer duels, but would Russian make more sense?

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006
I mostly hate the Hosho. With 4 plane squadrons I'm launching 4 torpedo spreads, so a good hit on a battleship is only 2 torpedoes. I see Langleys, with their 6 plane squadrons, land 4 hits. It's also a pain when my fighters go up against a Langley. I'm starting off with a 4 to 6 disadvantage and that's if I'm not jumped by two fighter squadrons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006

ranbo das posted:

Man I have to disagree, Hosho is probably my favorite carrier to play. You dont have to worry about AA and the plane loadout means you can get confederates pretty much on demand for those sweet sweet +xp flags. No one at tier 4 seems to know how to dodge torps, and with a 15+ point captain you can destroy Langley fighters (unless they're playing the same).

With a 6 point captain, it's much rougher with air to air. Any advice on aiming torpedoes? I've watched a few videos, but it still seems like the red battleships turn between my spread most of the time.