Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Well, I made the mistake of playing while downloading, and my tier 4 random was 2/3 over by the time I loaded in. We still won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Is there still an in-game chat channel for goons without microphones? None of the ones I'm familiar with from days of old appear populated.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Is the level of ranked play really that different from random battles?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I try to enjoy this game on the level of a casual phone-tapping game, but slightly more involving. Like an Angry Boats game. It's not rewarding enough to get worked up about.

Is there an ideal casual tier, do you think? Tier 1, Tier 4, doesn't matter?

Edit: I wish I could Teamspeak because it would make this game 10x better.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Hazdoc posted:

If you want to have fun don't play CVs!

I've actually been enjoying the Langley, despite my inability to aim torpedoes or be effective with my fighters. It's like a languid RTS. But I like my T3 Russian DD a lot, it might be my favorite boat right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Today I learned I can't use my Langley to sneak across the middle of the map and capture the enemy flag.

Edit: The people in game chat yelled at me. :(