Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.

TheFluff posted:

Is there anyone who still wants keys? I have an opportunity to ask Wargaming for more. Can't promise anything though.

I'll definitely take one if you ever get hold of enough - been dying to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.

TheFluff posted:

You got it. Last one for now, will report back if/when I get US ones.

The fact that you got any was amazing. Thank you for your effort so far!

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Pretty sure Wargaming has fixed whatever enabled people to use the autoaim mod - there was a small patch earlier today, and some people were bitching about the mod not working.

In other news, I finally got the Cleveland - I love that fucker. It just rains lead and mows down destroyers. I wasn't paying attention to where I was and ran into land while making a sharp turn avoiding torpedoes. Destroyer thinks it's time to close in for the kill and I annihilate him, so he spends the rest of the match bitching about how it was bullshit. Made me so happy.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Played a match in the Clemson and just brutalized a Kongo that made the mistake of going for the middle cap while I was there - pop smoke and drove right at him and unleashed a full torpedo spread from both sides. Enjoy the trip back to port! Saw a Miyogi coming in on the other entrance and dropped him a welcome gift as well. Somehow or another that fucker angled himself just right so that 4 torpedoes didn't kill him, but he managed to take me out. Oh well, we still won the match.

That gave me enough xp to buy the Nicholas, and I repeated my earlier performance with a run up the middle. Absolutely raped 2 Phoenix's - first one was prepared, but couldn't hit poo poo, so I got away with minor damage while also avoiding the 2 destroyers from the other team that tried to gang up on me. Fortunately a fellow destroyer joined the fun and drove one off, giving me a chance to get away and an unimpeded run on the second Phoenix. Guess he wasn't even looking in my direction because he made no move to evade. Turned around and went after the destroyer who had tried to hit me from behind and blew him up with a couple salvos of HE. Last victim was another Miyogi coming up a channel between two close islands. Smoke popped and torpedoes away - Victim #4. Was going after a carrier when the fight ended after we hit 1000 points.

But the best thing that happened was when I popped a Cleveland with an opening salvo in my Kongo from 14km away. 3 citadel hits, all 3 critical, and he popped like a balloon. It just went downhill for the opposing team after that.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

I finally FINALLY had a good game in the Kongo - my teams kept rushing at the enemy like lemmings leaving me all by my lonesome to get blasted out of the ocean by hordes of torpedo planes. I mentioned that I would really like support this time and the cruiser drivers chimed in that I should keep up with them if I wanted AA support, and of course they were already in the middle of the map and dying like flies. I ignored the sole Kongo on the other team and started focusing on the enemy cruisers less than 10km out and proceeded to blast them with single salvos and watched them explode, thereby saving one of the heroic lemmings long enough for him to distract the Kongo while I blew the carrier into scrap. By the end of the match I had pretty much turned it completely around and destroyed a CV, BB, DD, and 3 cruisers - 2 lights and 1 heavy. The carrier pilot was bitching about taking 37k hp out in one shot, but the fucker was sitting still at less than 8km. And the Kongo was raw when I dropped 31k hp worth of damage on him - it was a perfect lineup with me directly behind him at 6km and all but 1 shot landed.

I find the damage from the Kongo's guns erratic however - I pretty much need to be under 10km to do anything more than a couple hundred hp's of damage. I still fire long-range shots just to see if I can hit or do damage, but I would think high arcing shots coming down at a steep angle would do at least a little bit of damage, but nope. I'm guessing it has to do with the shot angle and RNG, but I'm not sure since I never really paid all that much attention to where the shells hit when I managed to land one from 16-18km out. Going to have to look a little closer at that to get a good feel for the best places to aim - I mostly try for the water line, but it's not like it's a laser I can aim with pinpoint accuracy at that range. I'm just happy if I can manage to hit the drat target!

Anyways I now have the Fuso, so I'll see if my accuracy and damage are any better. I still think cruisers and destroyers are more fun, however.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

I don't get why pubbies think destroyers are god-awful. If it comes down to me in a cruiser facing another cruiser or a destroyer, then the destroyer is going to be my primary target because of how dangerous they are to the battleline. On top of that, I have very little problem with driving one all over the map and smashing cruisers and battleships on torp runs. I think the difference is that I'm actually patient and wait for an opening, rather than rush in and die hilariously. I use maneuver and smoke to avoid enemy fire, and I never drive in a straight line for more than 10 seconds. Even better I will retreat if at all possible if the situation gets too hot - it may seem like cowardice to a pubbie, but he'll be watching the rest of the game in spectator mode while I'll go on notching up a couple more kills.

tl;dr - pubbies don't know how to play botes.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Yeah, ordering one of the premium packages gets you a CBT key - just got one this evening and gave it to my friend.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

How long from order to key delivery?

3-4 days? I ordered the premium pack the same morning that they announced it.

Zaodai posted:

Did they just email it to you? I picked up a three pack a few days ago and haven't received a key yet. I wasn't expecting one, but it'd be a nice bonus to give to one of my friends.

Yeah. They emailed me last night.

In other news:

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pre-order-bundles-cbt-access/

Ordering a bundle will get you CBT access.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Burt posted:

Aoba is quite nice.

Anyone got a link to that aim mod? I am seeing it used more and more and well, gently caress it, I needs it.

Here you go!

http://pkwot.blogspot.ca/2015/04/world-of-warships-aimbot-huge-thanks-to.html

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Was there a stealth nerf of destroyer torpedoes? I was in my Minikaze this morning and put 6 torpedoes into a Miyogi and he not only survived, he went on to smash 3 other destroyers on my team. Then in another match I put 4-5 torpedoes into a Phoenix and the bastard didn't sink. I've taken 3 hits in a Phoenix and sank, so not sure what happened. Sort of taking the fun out of playing a destroyer.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Had the best round I've ever had in the Minekaze - hit with 11 torps, 3 crit hits, 4 ships sunk, caused flooding 8 times, and punched in someone's citadel. The highlight was that I was extremely low on health and a Miyogi at full health was coming around an iceberg to punch my clock. I blind-fired 6 torpedoes in the lane I thought he would use and raced to get around the berg before he could fire on me. Completely rocked him, and the citadel hit blew up his magazine. And the best part? It was me and a carrier left on our side, with the Miyogi and a carrier on the enemy side and the score was drat near tied and both of us were close to hitting 1000 points. Had he managed to sink me the game would have been over, but thanks to my lucky shots we pulled way ahead. I was hoping to at least get a couple shots on the carrier, but he was hidden pretty well and the game ended with a win.

Final tally was 300451 credits, 4802 xp, and 239 free xp. I was still working on my first win for the day which is why the xp was so high. I also finally got my hands on the Pensacola - I think I like the Cleveland more to be honest, but it's definitely nice to have a tougher ship that can dish out more punishment - first match I shot down 6 planes, took 2 torps, and sank 3 ships on the way to an easy win.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Insert name here posted:

I don't think I'd describe the Pensacola as tougher than the Cleveland personally; that ~40% loss in armour is pretty noticeable.

Well, I've only done the one match, so my experience may be a bit slanted. I did keep my Cleveland just in case.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Wolfy posted:

The Kawachi has really poo poo range and you were right at the edge. Great range to have that fight.

Plus the guns are inaccurate as poo poo. There were times I was amazed that the loving shots went in the same general direction.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Yeah, I ran into one of those guys while in my BB - I think I took at least 10 hits, but it was all on one side and all came in at pretty much the same time, so hitting repair and damage control almost immediately at the hit let me bring my Fuso out with about 5k health out of 57k. I'm still not sure how I survived, but the enemy Cleveland closing in on me took care of that real fast.

I've been considering trying the carrier, but I'm pretty sure I'd suck at it.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

I just found out that if you hit the torpedo key while torpedoes are already selected then you can change the dispersion from wide to narrow back to wide. I kept wondering what the gently caress was up with my torpedo dispersion selection.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Had someone accuse me of using the aiming mod yesterday after I blew his BB up, but in my defense the dude was swanning along at 12km in a straight loving line - even with my lovely aiming skills it wasn't hard to dial in on him. Stagger shots, make sure I've got the right lead and angle, then unleash a full salvo. Getting 2 citadel hits didn't hurt either.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

I'm starting to think that the only thing that should be allowed torps are destroyers and planes - just had a match where an enemy destroyer was near our cap area and I'm maneuvering to sink him in my destroyer when I get torpedo proximity alarm. Search around and then bam, hit from behind and sunk. An Aoba from 7km away launched a large spread. His response when I call him an idiot is "Can't tell where you'll be in 35 seconds."

If that's the case, then why the hell is he firing torpedoes? He's got enough guns that fire fast enough that he should never have even attempted a torpedo launch, and on top of that I've got the little bastard dead to rights. Hell, why not even give me a warning torps were coming my way? I swear, my destroyer is loving cursed - I've lost like 5 matches in a row in it, and it's getting real old. I think I'll stick with US cruisers and battleships from here on out.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Only time I blind fire torps is when I'm way the hell up front of everyone and there's a perfect funnel area that the enemy might use. 95% of the time I don't hit anything, but when that 5% occurs the cursing over the chat channel is a beauty to behold.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Had an awesome match in the Pensacola the other day. Didn't seem like it at first, since the majority of the team buys it, and at the end it's just me, an Aoba, and a CV against 3 BB's and 2 cruisers. We were down in points, but owned 3 of the 4 cap spots. The Aoba and I gang-rape a Cleveland, then I manage to burn down a Colorado. Carrier kills another BB. I'm down to something like 300 hp and crash into an island, and before the enemy can fire on me we hit 1000 and win. I think they had something like 995 points. Without a doubt a nailbiter, but oh so enjoyable.

Also had a match where I one-salvo'd a battleship in my New Mexico - had 5 AP hits, 2 of which were citadels and he just vanished in an explosion. It was beautiful to behold. I also pulverized a destroyer that was getting too close and thought he was being sneaky. Little did he know that I had switched to HE in anticipation of his arrival and smoked him before he could unload his torps.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

The loving pubbies in this game are going to give me a stroke for sure - they can't fire for poo poo, they run every which direction except where the action is, and they die stupidly. I can't stand playing anymore since it's usually 4-5 losses in a row before I finally get a win.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Night10194 posted:

American DDs are great at bullying other DDs and taking their lunch money before flicking out their torpedo switchblades and mugging a battleship.

I got called a scrub, idiot, n00b and plain bad player for only taking out an enemy destroyer and battleship in my last game (there was only myself and the opposing team player in destroyers in the match). Meanwhile, some idiot decides to take his St Louis up against a Myogi and gets melted and wonders why. Then there was the twat asking what the difference was between HE and AP and when to use it. I swear to God, these pubbies are getting dumber the more they play. I'm losing hope on ever winning a match again - already went from a 61% win-rate down to 50% over the course of about 15 matches (admittedly I only have 86 battles right now), and it doesn't look like there's an end in sight.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Okay, just re-installed TS and joined the Goon channel (I think) - I'm playing under the alias Evolvate.

Daylen Drazzi fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 26, 2015

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

And the blows to my ego keep coming - i got hit by a single shell from a cruiser in my Sims and instantly blew up. Sigh.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

OSad posted:

The goddamn retailer that was selling it for three bucks is gone. I was a minute too late.

I still want one of those drat things though so I guess I'll unzip my wallet for 13 dollars sulk sulk

They must've gotten more, because I just bought and redeemed mine not 2 mins ago.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Had a match in my New York a little bit ago where I dodged 3 full flights of plane-launched torpedoes - both teams were rather impressed by that little feat of maneuvering, and the carrier driver was cussing me out the entire game. That was about my only bit of good luck the entire game, as the rest of my team were a bunch of amoeba with the skills to match.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

drat, new personal best in my Tier 4 DD

I was on a freaking roll, and if I hadn't juked left and instead just kept moving in a straight line I would've survived the match. Ah well - I've got enough xp now to get the Nicholas. Now I just need to come up with another 3mil credits so I can buy both it and the Cleveland.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It makes torpedoes usable at longer ranges, but if someone is speeding up, slowing down, or turning at all you'll still miss.

Or get at such close ranges that a miss is impossible - I dropped a destroyer in my last match by using torps at such close range that he didn't have a chance to even dodge.

And don't worry - pubbies are so stupid that very rarely will you encounter an opponent who will do anything to avoid torps - it's why people will shoot them blindly at max distance. Destroyers are especially nice kills when that happens, since they never think anyone will bother to shoot a torpedo at them, and sometimes by the time they see them it's too late.

Daylen Drazzi fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 30, 2015

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

demonR6 posted:

Let the games begin..

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021838/

[SEAMN] SEAMEN

Never not shoot your hot load at another sailor...

Now we need a good logo.. get on it goons. I am thinking a scantily clad sailor riding on a torpedo like a bucking bronco.

Applied as Evolvate

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

I think I jizzed my pants at the end of this match in my Atlanta

At the beginning of the match our Ranger took half a dozen torps and bombs and was left at just 378 HP. I swung back to render some AA protection for him and our Hiryu, and consequently put myself between the Hiryu and an enemy Atlanta. Sank his rear end. Our Mogami laid a world of pain on an enemy Fuso and sank him, and shortly after that was taken down by a New Orleans. The New Orleans and I began to trade potshots, but I was just hammering him with a combination of HE and AP, and he succumbed soon after, having removed roughly 50% of my HP. I headed north and saw that our team had annihilated the enemy battle line so I headed for the C cap point. In the channel between the two islands at C was the enemy Lexington, apparently stuck after having just run into the shoreline to avoid bombers. I started dropping HE on him and set him on fire repeatedly so he couldn't launch planes. Killed him.

By this time the last ship left on the enemy team was the Hiryu, who happened to be hiding in the NE corner of the map. I capped C and closed in on him from the front while 2 other Atlanta's came from the west. They set him on fire and I managed to land a few shots before he finally died with less than a minute left in the match.

Payout was especially large because it was from winning my first match of the day in the Atlanta as well as flying the Zulu (+20% credits) and the Equal Speed Charlie London (+50% xp) flags.

Daylen Drazzi fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 15, 2015

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Okay, applied to clan again with the name of Evolvate.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

You can lead a pubbie to water but you can't drown the little bastards like they deserve...

Match started off decently enough, and I asked who wanted AA support. Decided to pair up with a New Mexico and he just hung back near our cap. Deciding he wasn't going to do jack poo poo I decided to go support the carriers, since they were about to get pummeled. One carrier took a bomb hit and torp and basically told us we were going to lose now, but by then I was in position and just patrolled back and forth and creamed every air strike that came in. I think 2 more flights got a torp or two off, but only one of the BBs took a torp because he was an idiot.

34 planes later I then proceeded to sink a DD and CA near our cap before finally going down in flames. I admit the match was nicely chaotic and an ADHD dream, but as you can see my team was unable to accomplish the simple task of getting into their undefended cap with a couple cruisers and a DD because they were busy off hunting the remaining carrier that was completely out of planes. Almost wish I had a cruise missile to lob at them for such blatant stupidity.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

cheese posted:

A good choice.

Aoba presented his side to me in my New York at about 13km. 3 citadels happen 10 secs later and he melts. Too bad my team was composed of complete morons.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Just had one of the most one-sided matches I have ever been a part of. I died in my Nicholas, but not before I planted 4 torps into the nose of a Colorado. He had to burn his repair party, and then a fellow DD put another one in his side and lit him on fire. The rest of the team was scarily competent and took the enemy down like bowling pins. Final score was 1000 to 9.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Just when I think I can't squeeze any more enjoyment out of this game I get to meet another lovely person like 79bigred79, who apparently did 3 tours overseas and suffers from PTSD and can be sent into a mouth-frothing rage by saying "Victory for Prosperous Korea!"

He believes firmly that Koreans should just shoot themselves in the head, and no-dick civilians like myself should shut up and let triggermen such as himself tell us how large his balls are and if we don't he will happily demonstrate what he did in Fallujha to some ragheads.

I didn't take any screenshots, but I'm sure the conversation would have been fascinating. And while I would snap out some petty one-liners to egg him on we were pretty much demolishing his team while he stroked his ego. In the end even his own teammates were telling him to shut the gently caress up and making fun of him.

I know it's not cool to make fun of the mentally handicapped, but sometimes I just have to do it anyways.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Anyone know if there was a change to the chance of fire mechanics? In matches last night and today I've been caught on fire in my Cleveland and Pensacola, use my damage control cooldown to put the fire out, then immediately get lit on fire again. It was my understanding that there's a 20-sec immunity to fire damage after using the damage control cooldown. Unless I'm mistaken.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

PerrineClostermann posted:

So this just happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjTbFVT8BGg

:stonk: I didn't know that was possible

Did the exact same thing in my New Mexico against a Phoenix on the same map. In other news I am now up to 120k free xp for when I finally finish the New Mexico (a little over 27,500 xp left for it). Only 44k free xp left to go and then I can skip the Colorado entirely and go straight to the North Carolina (which, having toured it as a kid, sort of makes it my favorite).

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Read the announcement a little closer - they don't promise that everyone who submits those screenshots will get one, but rather they will select winners from among those who have submitted entries.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Michaellaneous posted:

Oh god I got swarmed yesterday or so and I got quite salty and stopped playing.

Now I realize.

What a :wargaming: way to troll people.

Right now all I need are 3 As and 2 Es - do they accept killing yourself as part of this? My in-game name is Evolvate, so if I did that twice I'd only need the As.

Frankly the whole thing is starting to piss me off - I was in a number of matches yesterday where I just pounded the poo poo out of enemy ships with the letter I needed and got him down 95%, then some fucker shoots a second before me and gets the kill. So annoying.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

I would love to see ANY A or E in my matches. Thus far I see maybe one vowel every 3-4 matches (except for myself), and every time someone else gets the kill. I've pretty much given up on it at this point.

**EDIT**

Just saw that you need to have a different screenshot for every letter, so three A kills, two E kills, etc.

quote:

You cannot use the same player for instances of the same letter: for instance, you need to take out THREE players whose names begin with "A".

Daylen Drazzi fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Looks like they may have changed the rules a bit - apparently you now have until Thursday to complete PAX MARBLEHEAD, and when I just checked the forum post the part about requiring each letter be a unique kill was not there, although it was still in the news post. Not sure how that's going to play out, but at this point I at least have 1 of every letter, and if I want to be completely upstanding then I just need to get two more As and one E.