Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

How is combat in this? I've played a lot of World of Tanks on 360 (yeah, I know) and liked it a lot, and I've always been a giant naval warfare geek so this is intriguing, but I'm having trouble conceptualizing how they'd make a game that's actually fun out of this. It seems like it'd be a 3D version of Scorched Earth without any terrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Vengarr posted:

Watch one of the videos in the OP. It looks pretty fun.

Skimmed the OP and somehow missed the video links. My shame is great :sweatdrop:

It does look pretty fun!

Hellsau posted:

Do not be ashamed. I have heard things about Tanks 360 that makes me want to go out and buy an Xbox. The PC version has an absolutely horrendous player base, and all of them have keyboards, and there's friendly fire so if you try to win and they don't want you to win they can always just teamkill you.

The only reason I played on 360 was because my only computer at the time was a laptop from 2010 that kinda struggled to play WoT. By the time I'd built my new gaming PC, I was so deep into the 360 version that I just stuck with it. Also you can still teamkill on 360 by pushing people into water, as I found out accidentally one day when some dimwit was blocking a bridge that 3 more of us were trying to cross. Pushed his rear end off with an IS-8 and killed him.

Also the Xbox playerbase in general is absolutely horrendous, for WoT and otherwise, and instead of typing poo poo out you can instead hear them yell their racial slurs, often over Kinect microphones which sound so amazingly lovely that I can't even believe people are allowed to use them for communication.