Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Looking forward to getting a clownshoe boat as a beta reward. Also, kudos on the thread title :iit:

Someone create a Pennywise smilie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

New thread? With a new OP that links to sekrit PGS tips on how to not suck poo poo? I am terrible and need hand holding. TIA.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

If they can just keep stepping on their dicks for another 5 hours or so I can get in on the first wave of queue-suffering assholes.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Suckers. I am at work earning money* while you wait.

*That I will waste on pixel botes

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Michaellaneous posted:

XP reward lower and ship costs more now? This is just insane. The gently caress wargaming.

Beta advancement was laughable. You didn't have to play more than 1 or 2 games in a boat before eliting it until about tier 3. It slowed down about tier 5, but early stuff was crazy fast.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

After a WG rep said we were, why would we not think that?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Same. I am going to be in tier 2 boats for loving ever. Pubbies hate to win even more than in tanks. Or I just can't carry here like I can there.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Jesus christ this game is loving unwinnable solo. Every game half of my 'team' sits out of draw range until A) all three points are capped, B) the only point is 75% capped, C) 70% of the team is dead, or D) some horrific combination of the above. I can't even imagine how bad it will be when actual noobs start playing.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

When do 1.5x (not even doubles... :negative: ) reset?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

cheese posted:

Once you have gotten a taste of what its like to have 10km torps and a 7km detection range, you won't be able to stomach US DDs.

I dunno...it is pretty satisfying to dodge an IJN DD's torps and then shoot the absolute living poo poo out of him while he is reloading and trying to run away. So many fires...

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

The Locator posted:

There is nothing about the Tenru that isn't a steaming pile of poo poo.

You don't like floating citadels?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Look for the grey/white cone..that is the predictor as to where the current target will be if it stays on the same heading/speed. That is a good place to start aiming your shots.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Krogort posted:

What's your take on USN vs ISN carriers ?
I missed the hype train but I need a new line to grind when playing with friends.

Getting to the IJN carriers means a lot of Kawachi and Myogi games. Bank free XP and skip as much of them as you can. Or just hit yourself in the genitals with a claw hammer a few times to simulate the experience of playing them.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I am a masochistic retard and I am playing through all of them. Although after the shitshow that was my play session last night, I might just burn some gold and finish off the Myogi.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

If the Myogi had either more guns, or the few guns it has were more accurate it would be fine. Not recording any hits in 3 broadsides from 6km or under is loving infuriating (happened to me TWICE last night. Two sets of 3 full misses in 2 different games). I am a pretty fair shot too, so it wasn't all PBKAC.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Devlan Mud posted:

Playing as sky cancer is surprisingly relaxing. But maybe that's just because grinding through the Kawachi and Myogi to get it was horrible. I'm not looking forward to grinding through to Kongo, at all.

It is so much easier to concentrate on how stupidly your team has arranged itself on the map, however (just like arty in WoT). Nothing drives me crazier than watching my team slowly get outpointed when 2/3 of them are within 2km of a goddamned cap point, yet they avoid it like it is filled with lava. All you need to do is dip your toe in to stop the points, but everyone is terrified of getting their paint scratched. loving infuriating.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

ArchangeI posted:

They're also the only way to get those stupid torpedo missions done if for whatever reason you don't like driving destroyers.

If you hate driving destroyers you hate fun. Drive a tier 2 or 3 IJN and finish your mission in one game against utterly clueless noobs. It is horribly unfair seal clubbing at its best.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Do you have the upgrades and plane-centric commander skills? Those seem to tip the balance for me. My Langley fighters almost never even lose a plane against same tier foes.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Night10194 posted:

Three salvos in a row, the Kawachi managed to completely straddle the enemy without hits.

I hate this loving ship. :negative:

Good news! The Myogi fires are lot farther.

But it has fewer guns. That are just as inaccurate.

Save your free XP.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I am in for $20 if I don't have to make a goddamned account to donate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

orange juche posted:

Just make an account you nerd, and then forget the password.

FINE. Wasn't sure what the exchange rate was, so I contributed 12 pounds. Turns out that is $19.09, so I was pretty close!