Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Cubey posted:

How is combat in this? I've played a lot of World of Tanks on 360 (yeah, I know) and liked it a lot, and I've always been a giant naval warfare geek so this is intriguing, but I'm having trouble conceptualizing how they'd make a game that's actually fun out of this. It seems like it'd be a 3D version of Scorched Earth without any terrain.

Do not be ashamed. I have heard things about Tanks 360 that makes me want to go out and buy an Xbox. The PC version has an absolutely horrendous player base, and all of them have keyboards, and there's friendly fire so if you try to win and they don't want you to win they can always just teamkill you.

Boats on the other hand, your team will kill you frequently but probably only by accident, and if you really want to teamkill someone it's real easy so you get to remove the horrible people before they become a problem, and usually you can set it up that your team will cheer you on. Gosh the Beta Weekends were fun.

Bets on how long I'll last in beta before being permabanned for TKing and general assholery? I'm trying to last at least two months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dalael posted:

It will be my pleasure to help you in your endeavour of pissing off the pubbies and teaching them that Friendly Fire ain't friendly. :clint:

All aboard the SS [WAT] - Watch Allied Torps. Torp a friendly, receive 10 in return!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dalael posted:

He was right for saying what he said.
You were right for doing what you did.

Everybody's right! Ain't that great? Got to love games with no mechanics to discourage team killing. It really goes well with my bad temper and lack of patience.

If they did not want us teamkilling, team damage would be disabled. They are encouraging the team killing their albatrosses.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Holy poo poo Cubey your avatar could replace half the World of Tanks goons'.