Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I know this is trivial to most of you guys, but I managed 9 citadel hits in my Tenryu earlier. I'll keep chasing that high, AP is finally clicking with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Yeah, the Furutaka is excruciating. It's basically a glass BB after spending two ships as a DD+ and it's taught me to look at what the next tier ship is all about before I blindly upgrade. Only 20k more XP to go if I burn all my free XP to get out of this match made in hell.

Tempted to buy gold just for the occasion... :shepspends:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

The Kuma owns. If only I could use this boat to retrain my commanders, I'd be happy.

I'll second that. It's great for bullying tiers 2-4 and the torpedoes make it viable against T5 boats.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
So using the Phoenix C hull, any advice on getting a barge full of citadels? Not being a bad botesman is a good start, but anything else?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Goddamnit Wargaming, I've been on the same kill 8 planes in one battle mission for a week because I don't want to be a carrier, and my best AA is on my Phoenix and whoever I try to protect gets attacked 0% of the time from the air. Let me pay silver to make that poo poo go away already.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Not advocating this behavior.....BUT. I got a double strike out of killing an enemy battleship and a friendly CA in the process....

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

Did you get the double strike flags?

Yes. I dang sure did. Had 8 before my "blunder".

TSBX fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 29, 2015

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

TSBX posted:

Goddamnit Wargaming, I've been on the same kill 8 planes in one battle mission for a week because I don't want to be a carrier, and my best AA is on my Phoenix and whoever I try to protect gets attacked 0% of the time from the air. Let me pay silver to make that poo poo go away already.

:smug:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

DurosKlav posted:

This a completely accurate representation of Battleship dispersion when it comes to gunners.

The next video was Gene Wilder who said: "I also make my wife laugh once or twice in the house, but nothing special." So that works too.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
So is the B hull on the Nicholas worth the loss of a turret? I like the sound of the faster torps, but I also like sending IJN DD's to the bottom with guns. How bad is the dropoff in firepower?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
• Sank my first Fog tonight.
• Citadels feel sooo good.
• Noticed that the first person to die on your team has a roughly 80% chance to be the one that screams about his stupid loser team and proceeds to spend 20 minutes watching us win and critiquing everybody smugly.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Ok, I applied. I can't wait to share the joy of SEAMN with you guys!

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
#1 - Think of a clever pun for the form.
#2 - Go to http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021838/
#3 - There should be a join button or something, click that.

Fake edit: Tried to approve Maxipad but An Error Occurred.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
In other news, a Cleveland captain didn't know what the gently caress when I charged directly at him in my Aoba. He got within 4.5 km before I showed him my broadside, nailing his in return all the while. His reward? A nice torp spread in his poop deck.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
IJN camo question: Were a lot of battles fought in a massive sheet of vomit? I don't understand how that camo scheme could hide anything on the ocean.

Edit: Is there a way to add modded camo? If so, a bunch of white splotches would be PERFECT for us.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

Dazzle camo is kinda cool for about 3 seconds, and after that you're ready to gouge your eyes our rather than ever see it again, I'm really glad they didn't use it.

It all makes sense now. The in game camo is the result of looking at dazzle camo for hours on end.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I asked in chat if I could pen a Murmansk in my Nicholas and everybody said no or I'm not sure. I ended up dying with one citadel on a Murmansk.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Well I ended up crashing into a DD to the point where his ship model was 90 degrees perpendicular to the water. If I wasn't laughing so hard I'd have taken a pic :(

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
If your first torp hit kills the motherfucker, the rest that hit the corpse should count for half XP or something, just to reward accurate salvos. It's disheartening to only get credit for the one that kills when the other 8 impact too.

TSBX fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 23, 2015

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Not depicted is the collision indicator for the... patch of open water directly in front of me that I beached and died upon.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
How big is a mini map square in KM?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
World of Warships: You might see me in the straits but nigga you dont know me.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
EDIT: Reading is really, really hard.

TSBX fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 25, 2015

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Can somebody change their name to Pax Marblehead and play me please?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Any advice for playing a DD on Two Brothers?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I'm down to 2 A's and an E and now I can't find either... :cripes:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
1-3 A's on my team every battle. None on the other team.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Also, having a losing streak thanks to MM/Pubbies/Being too drunk? Play Co-op for an evening and bring your win percentage up! #WOWShax

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Show us on the FOG avatar where he touched you...

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Finally mopped up my last E by going into the slit that leads to C on Fault Line in old St. Nick and took out one Phoenix on my starboard with a torp shot because he beached himself, and then popped smoke after entering the bay, so the second Phoenix (E!) beached himself on the north shore after avoiding my 6 spread on my port side so I finished him off with guns and felt like a loving boss.

I think I hate this game.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Yeah DD's in smokescreens are like the squigglies in your eye that you can only see when you look away. I can see them fine unzoomed in, but when I hit shift, boy howdy do they disappear until I go back to normal view, rinse, repeat.

Also, that FPS reduction thing happened within 90s of a new game in a newly launched client, and it happened to multiple people on both teams. I don't like that poo poo, WG. Even closing and relaunching the game only helped for about another 60s.

EDIT: World of Warships: I don't like that poo poo, WG

TSBX fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 16, 2015

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
What's a respectable number of citadels per match in say, an Omaha, where the AP comes sweeping down the plains.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Sounds right up my torpedo alley.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Is the drop-off of fun between the Nicholas (Great guns, decent situational torps) to Farragut ( ??? ) similar to Minekaze (No guns of mention, fast torps) to Mutsuki ( Similar guns, awful slow torps)?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Just wait until you get into a game where everything drops to 5 FPS because of a reason. The fix, you ask? Die and it goes back to normal. :suicide:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Is that, in fact, a boat with a Jet on it?!

False: Even though its a Messerschmidt, it's not an ME-109.

TSBX fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 26, 2015

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
So how do you think the Ruski DD's are going to be balanced for having a ton of short range torps? Worse than usual armor? Terrible guns? Literal mutiny?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
So after about a dozen lackluster battles in my Aoba, I finally realized that I can beat the gently caress out of Clevelands with HE for like 3k a pop. Burned down a Nagato the same way. :c00l:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Omaha owns. Stayed home sick so I can't work, but I'm trying to enjoy the day pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Well apparently going North on Solomon Islands in an Omaha and beaching myself against the big island is the magic bean for 4+ kills, since the last two times I did it I got 6 and 5 kills respectively, and now own a Russian DD. Thanks for reading.