Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
This is probably a huge waste of money, but what's the best pre-order to get into the closed beta?

Also, anyone else in here from NDP back in world of tanks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Goddamn, haven't logged into my account in almost 3 years and it still had 3000+ gold. I forgot just how much we were raking in from Berlin and NASA.

Anyway - I just finished my first two games in a Erie. The first one I had no idea what the gently caress I was doing and just followed a tier 4 battleship that had somehow gotten into my newbie match and was wrecking everything from 5 - 6 kilometers away. The second match I helped plink away at a Cruiser from long range , got a few good AP hits and a lucky critical hit , then got into a turning fight with another ship that rushed at me from behind an island and I just barely won.

I was seriously feeling good about that and getting set to trash talk until I remembered it was a CO-OP match against the AI.

:arghfist::saddowns:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
How do you use tier 3 to 4 battleships? Should I be using AP ? Fighting other battleships? Fighting cruisers?

Maybe the South Carolina is just a bad ship, or I just don't get the playstyle, but I'm having way more problems than I did as a tier III destroyer or cruiser captain.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 22, 2015

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I finally had a good South Carolina game. I only used HE, and moved from the far north of the map down to the center and wound up killing two other South Carolinas , a T3 cruiser and whatever that Tier 1 japanese thing is called.

The best part? The 5x payout gave me more than enough to get into the carrier tree so I never have to play this loving ship again.

gently caress you South Carolina

gently caress you

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Haven't played in months , but the OP is still a decent primer. Helped me get a kill in my first match (once I remembered how to zoom in).

Also, two questions.

1. Are there any codes for this game that are still active?

2. What's the best premium ship for mining silver?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

cheese posted:

AW just felt like a different WoT. WoWs is another game altogether. There is just something about it that feels better and more complex. Maybe it is the slower action coupled with more planning required for movement. Nothing in WoT or AW compares to the feeling you get when you totally outshoot and outmanuever another ship and just own the poo poo out of them.

I've noticed that playing American destroyers, with a 7k detection range and 5.5k torpedo range, really forces you to plan ahead. You're so fragile and that before you make any move you have to work out exactly how you want to come in, when you want to fire, and how you're going to get back into concealment.

It works out pretty well, although it seems like 90% of the gameplay is just scouting while looking for ships that have wandered off by themselves , and the other 10% of the gameplay is dodging shells like a mad fucker to get close enough to use torpedo's.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
just had a game in my new carrier where I couldnt control my planes anyway. The icon switched to a circle with a line through it and they just flew around my carrier at low speed. Did I gently caress something up?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
What's better for a US destroyer, +20% to firing range skill or +3% chance to cause fire skill?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Whats the best tier 4 skill for a US destroyer now? +3% fire? +HP?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
This is probably a stupid question, but is there some kind of aim assist mod out? I've noticed some weird poo poo in tier VIII+ games that honestly can't be explained any other way.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
^ Ouch

Anyway, I've taken a break from the long tier VIII grind and fitted out a S. Carolina to screw around in. It's kind of an amazing ship when you go back to it after you've learned how to aim, although I guess it helps that everyone else is a tier III noob.

I feel like Freud would have loved this image.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 15, 2016

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Whats better for a Japanese battleship, +20% aa range or +100% aa damage to one target?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
:coffeepal:

Thanks!

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Finally unlocked the Benson and I'm just wondering what US destroyer players would recommend for it, +20% to spotting or +10% to concealment?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I'm thinking of getting the 5 point concealment skill for my north carolina, and throwing on the concealment mod as well; can someone tell me whether or not that's a stupid idea?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Turns out the reward for shooting down 100 planes this weekend is 1 million credits; I was kind of freaking out when I saw I got 1.3 million credits in my 9k xp benson game.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I think they deliberately made the lower tier bbs terrible to force more people into cruisers and destroyers. If you can survive the slog up to the Colorado the game will slowly get better, but once you unlock the North Carolina you'll realize just how lovely every ship before that really is.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Just had a game of 12 nassau vs 12 nassau. loving amazing and absolutely worth getting up early for.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

kaesarsosei posted:

Umikaze drivers, start your engines.

If there was even 1 dd in the match it would have been a massacre. It turns like a pig and accelerates like a heroin addict.

The secondaries are lovely though.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
whats the best 4 point skill for a IJN cruiser? +AAA range ? +% chance to cause fires?

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 25, 2016

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I went AA range because when carriers do show up they go right for you , and at that tier they can afford to throw away 20 or 30 planes to sink you. I even picked up the second tier 4 AA skill because that's seriously the biggest threat to you and being able to target and nuke torpedo bombers from 7.5 km out is really cathartic.

Anyway, whats the best mod 3 million credit mod for an Iowa? Im thinking -10% shell dispersion?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Is there some kind of skill guide? I havn't played in months and I just realized they completely redid the skill tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
:psyduck:

I fitted out my old beta grem with concealment expert , fire starter , superintendent and last stand and broke 100k damage in my first game out with it.

200k silver even without premium