Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
good: This is a lot of fun

bad: accidentally bought the Tatsuta when I meant to buy the Kawachi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

How are people getting piasters to mess around with? Did you have to be in the alpha or something for some sort of stipend? These default 6 ship slots are really restricting.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

So aside from the Kongo, what are some other ships people think are worth keeping? I'm pretty ambivalent about the St. Louis, and six slots with no piasters is pretty limiting. I'm assuming that for CVs, just keep on going up, and for CLs, the cleveland is worth keeping around.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

So I assume the cruiser AA "special" is supposed to show up from the get go at the moment much like smoke screen and the hitpoint repair for BBs? Is it better to get the Defensive Fire commander skill or sixth sense?

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

That's more or less what I figured re: sixth sense being pretty lovely here. I guess I wasn't sure if the defensive fire trait unlocks the skill for me to use on cruisers or if it just passively augments it. Gonna get it anyways.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

Can AP start fires at all? Not sure if it's better for me to just shoot straight AP all day or use HE to start fires and burn kits before switching to AP

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

Zigzagging through cannon fire, smoke, and torpedoes everywhere owns bones, especially when you blind fire your torps and wipe out the enemy teams destroyers

i know torp fu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

Asehujiko posted:

What is a good 4th skill for the Cleveland? I have accelerated repair, turret traverse speed and sixth sense. I've narrowed it down to fire shot, AA range and torp spotting since I won't be taking this captain into a carrier.

Why would you take sixth sense over the skill that improves your AA skill?