Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

I sent my 4skin in for approval

Added..

Also there is one application from wiggle3. I'm not a mind reader so please let me know who you are in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Mapper and Reindeer please stand up in the thread so I know who the hell you are and I can accept you into the clan. Allahu Ackbar.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone who applied has been accepted.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That lasted three days before we got renamed.. I think we broke a record. Next name up is WUTNG. There were a bunch on names on the Discord in botes_challenge. Jump in there and vote for something else while I wait for the drooling idiots from WG to contact me about it.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
4SKIN just ain't happening again. I have to submit this back to some rear end hat whose gong to review.

WUTNG was approved, I need the tagline. I can't be arsed to make the tagline and description again because gently caress Wargaming. If someone can just post a CLEAN, short tagline that does not have vulgar, obscene or racist innuendo so I can reply to these gently caress's and get our name again that would be swell. Else I'll make something stupid up and we have to live with it for 2500 gold.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
WUTNG was declined, PNIS was declined, TORPS was loving declined.. Seriously I spent four goddamned hours back and forth with these people. Every single one declined saying "We are sorry but the name you have chosen violates policy, please choose another."

Finally I gave up and made one last suggestion before telling them to forget it we'll keep RNMD56 and I lost 2500 gold for nothing. It was accepted probably due to the loving irony of what I chose.

gently caress Wargaming. Die in a car fire.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
After each request I got this scripted reply below:

Your clan name and tag violates our Game Rules and EULA, and as such, we require it to be changed.

Our naming policies can be found here for your reference:
http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/wot_game_rules/

Please see section 3.

We ask that you reply with your choice for a clan name that you would like to change to:

We ask that you reply with your choice for a clan tag that you would like to change to:

Thank you very much for your cooperation in this matter, and we hope for a swift resolution to avoid any complications.

We await your reply.

So on round one I went with WUTNG as clan tag which meets the 2-5 minimum. For the clan name it was "Dollar, dollar bill y'all" which is a Wu Tang Clan reference. About a half hour after that I got back this reply:

Unfortunately your choice of clan name and clan tag violates our Game Rules and EULA, and as such, we require it to be changed.

Our naming policies can be found here for your reference:
http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/wot_game_rules/

Please see section 3.

We ask that you reply with your choice for a clan name that you would like to change to:

We ask that you reply with your choice for a clan tag that you would like to change to:

Thank you very much for your cooperation in this matter, and we hope for a swift resolution to avoid any complications.

We await your reply.

So I replied back asking "what, can you please elaborate on what was offensive so I can correct it." They replied with the copied second response, no explanation.. just the template. I replied back with TORPS - What's one more torpedo in a sinking ship.
Again this is under the 70 character length and as you can see nothing offensive.

What did I get? Template #2 again. I reply back with "Seriously you have to be joking? TORPS is an acronym for torpedoes, the clan tag is not in use and you cannot possibly convince me that anything in there is offensive?? What is the reason for this??" This time a second CS replied with We are sorry but your choice is not acceptable. and there is the rest of the template attached.

So this third time I request PORK - The other white meat.

That was shot down with yet another templated reply. Apparently I was dealing with a member of PETA so I threw my hands in the air - actually I almost grabbed my monitor and smashed it into the wall.. and I said gently caress you lets see them tell me BANT is not acceptable. The original request was BANT - For the LULZ and they could not even do that right making both the clan name and tag BANT and adding For the LULZ to the description and that was never once mentioned in the template.

Anyone who was around back when I created SEAMN in WoT knows how they shut down the clan for two months while I had to argue back and forth with them over that name only to end in them allowing the other shitters who take the name. Their reply to that was they had it first, first come first served but in reality they applied in clan beta.. so did I by the way on day one literally minutes after it was posted and I chose the same name we have in WoT explaining in their stupid questionnaire how we had the name already in WoT with the intention of carrying it over to WoWS. And let's mention they made it clear in the clan beta thread they were not going to allow the clan name in beta to carry over, yet they let them anyways so honestly I never had the chance to apply when clans rolled out because it was already taken. Wargaming. End story.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Moot point we are BANT now. I am not going to pony up 2500 to change the name again only to have whatever windowlicker at WG CS who is sitting in a basement office monitoring my account activity come in and rename that for the LULZ.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
More importantly will we be able to get some DONGS up in ranked.

Sorry not using the BANT clan name in that sentence since I am still pissed off at how they have handled the whole thing.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I am going to say 10 million is a pretty good haul.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I'm in a relationship with an engineer.

You know she cheats on you right? Also, I am better than you. I am an engineer as well, my wife is an ER doctor, my oldest son was just accepted into the naval academy and my lawn is looking better than ever. I even received the 'Lawn of the Month' award from my township for the third month in a row.

Good luck with your girlfriend..

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm dating an engineer.

But you are a loser and riding your girlfriends coat tails in other words amirite?

God why don't people like that ever message me after a battle I would have a loving field day.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Find some random picture on the internet of some yard with the sign on it, make sure it is a nice, big loving house and save it to imgur so the idiots don't realize it is somewhere else. Link that and brag about it.. be sure to throw in "My house is probably much nicer than yours too.." for good measure.

http://www.woodlandsedge.com/SiteImages/115/Main/18-Woodstream.jpg

I like to keep a nice repertoire of poo poo to throw at people to really get under their skin.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 26, 2017

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dublish posted:

NTRabbit made a good post.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You have to be a special breed if you want to play CV's. I tried playing it in the comfort of the training room and maybe three or four battles before I said gently caress this all to hell.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Brother finally got sick and burned out of botes and have me my account back. What's I miss?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Guess this was not intended to happen.. I call it, "Every Naval Encounter in WWII in 15 Seconds" by Wargaming.

https://i.imgur.com/IlNLMOh.mp4

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 29, 2017

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My two cents play through the lower tiers to get a feel for all the boats.. once you get to tier 4 you will probably know what path you will take.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Go forth and prosper.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Fiji seems good without any upgrades or mods.. firing rate is a little slow but that's battlecrusier right?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yes! I got the fabled Kentucky Fried Chicken Commendable Drumstick award! I WIN!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
'Save Commander Jenkins' Detail is "We do not leave our own behind!" Guessing it is a Leeroy Jenkins joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Actually completed the mission with all five stars twice today because two teams were not filled with idiots. The other six or seven different story. We were sync dropping with two divisions and doing well.