Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I really want to play this but I hadn't paid attention to the WoT thread or the news for this in weeks/months so now I'm stuck reading posts getting sad.

Was there any benefits of being a WoT beta tester or anything?

Mazz fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Teron D Amun posted:

you got a Valentine
which was available for everyone else just a couple of weeks later

Yeah I should've clarified, I mean did long time WoT accounts have any benefits for WoWS beta access. My WoT account is old enough I have PMs from Overlord.

I assume no though.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Insert name here posted:

No Yorktown? What is this poo poo? :mad:

A distinct lack of the Alaska too.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 19, 2015

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

NTRabbit posted:

As a one of a kind class well after the demise of the battlecruiser, the Alaska was always going to be difficult to fit into a tree. It's too powerful to be a cruiser, not armoured or armed like a battleship, and lacks enough brethren to make a distinct line.

German and French trees will face the same issue with the Deutschland, Scharnhorst and Dunkerque class ships

The Japanese also had a super-cruiser planned, as a direct counter to the Alaska even, but they scrapped the idea in favor of other ships (carriers). And assuming the Russian tree is full of crazy paper ships (which it kind of has to be), then they have some Stalinbotes you could put in the same category. There's always the potential they break the CL/CA lines out over time as well, and add some additional features/mechanics as time goes on.

I assume it'll be a thing, just maybe not soon.

I really hope they don't just skip over the Alaska, it's beautiful.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 19, 2015

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

bUm posted:

Some friends and I have been streaming some WoWS if anyone wanted to watch while dreaming of a key (streaming right now and will be for at least awhile longer tonight): http://www.twitch.tv/choppernine

No keys to hand out, unfortunately (:smith:), but you can watch us be bad at boats and poo poo up chat about how WoWS doesn't fulfill your lifelong goal of being a real ship IRL with realistic armor characteristics and all like Harold the Helicopter.

I hate you.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
This dude streaming w/ codes right now didn't realize he was playing co-op battles for like a solid 40 minutes now.

Just issue codes WG, jesus christ. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
There's some lovely event where they promise a VIII premium box but it's just a bullshit coupon for like a 10% chance at a 10% chance or something

On a side note, I've put about 150 games into this, almost entirely US for now. I can maintain a 90% WR in all boats thru IV because its all bots lol, but it gets a lot more rough past tier 5. I have no loving idea how to quantify the premium DDs and spotting range and all of that, it feels nebulous as gently caress. Cruisers + BBs feel pretty straightforward so long as I don't catch the attention of someone who can actually shoot.

Anyways, I went and compared the various destroyers and just free XP'd my way to the Visby. The loving difference 8km 65 knot torps can make.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 17, 2023